Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Return our Adventureres Club

I always kinda oped that the demolition might just be paving the way for something better. I loved the Adventurer's Club as much as everyone else, but the place was built to be one stop on a night of fun. Maybe Disney is going to build a newer Club that can stand more on it's own.

Disney might be kinda evil, but they're not completely stupid. If enough of us clamor for it back, they will take notice. And if it means profit, they'll most likely respond.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

PIXAR's Up's character, "Charles Muntz," was partially inspired by The Adventurers Club. I think that is reason alone enough to let it stay. It's PIXAR.
    -Bill

• Bangarang!

^I do believe this has to be the first instance where they haven't put a Pixar character in a location immediately.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Honorary Jungle Skipper

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    Yeah I guess the popularity of a place, or the amount of cover charges sold dont mean squat to the suits if people arent buying food and merchandise. I guess that explains the closure of many of Pleasure Island's joints but to keep Disney Quest up? Seriously I find DQ a bit lame. Who needs a cheap virtual park experience when you can just take a quick drive or bus over to four of the real thing?
    Which is especially frustrating given that every time I spent hours at the Adventurers Club, I would be sitting there wishing I could get a snack without leaving the club AND wanting to leave with some merchandise (which they had long since stopped selling).

Holy Crap and Merry Christmas to all Adventures if this is true! Check out YouTube - The Show - Premier Episode - Orlando Attractions Magazine The whole thing is good, but specifically check out the section at about 5:00. A wonderful runor from a Disney Cruise Line Cruise Director about a certain Club that will be included in Hyperion Wharf! This could be it Adventurers, we may be marching along back to 5189 Hill St. for another HOOPLA!

Some days you eat the mouse.
    Some days the mouse eats you.
    But never give into the mouse without a fight!
    KUNGALOOSH!

• and too all a good fright

Maybe this is my ignorance regarding what exactly cruise directors do, but why would the cruise director know this? Why would the cruise director leak this? and Why wouldn't Disney announce this with the plan for Hyperion Wharf, knowing the enthusiasm for the club? As much as I would LOVE to believe this report, I am not getting too excited until an official announcement is made.

• Marching along

I guess stranger things have happened... everyone's hopeful and there's at least some evidence leading us to believe the final nail's not in the coffin yet.

Although I have to say this particular rumor sounds a lot like "Jimmy the producer heard from the cruise director who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. Guess it's pretty serious."

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by flotsam_mike View Post
    Maybe this is my ignorance regarding what exactly cruise directors do, but why would the cruise director know this?
    He's the bus driver of the sea...

• Bangarang!

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual Toad View Post
    Although I have to say this particular rumor sounds a lot like "Jimmy the producer heard from the cruise director who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. Guess it's pretty serious."
    That's got to be the line of the day!!

As for the rumour, I do hope its true!

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Metro-Retro Historian

Let's not forget the other big news about Hyperion Wharf in that video, the official press release that states the area will not only have stores and restaurants, but for night time, it will also have LIGHTS!
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

• Bangarang!

Saaaay whaa?!! Lights?! Daaaang! What's next? Hot and Cold water out of one faucet?

Walt Disney

• Metro-Retro Historian

As the Epcot monorail always says, "If you can dream it, you can do it!"
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

Orlando Attractions Magazine claimed today that then they spoke to the Disney Cruise Director he said that the return of the AC to Hyperion Warf is Certain. Whether this is credible or not baffles me.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Bangarang!

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    As the Epcot monorail always says, "If you can dream it, you can do it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    Orlando Attractions Magazine claimed today that then they spoke to the Disney Cruise Director he said that the return of the AC to Hyperion Warf is Certain. Whether this is credible or not baffles me.
    You do wonder how a Cruise Director would know its coming back, but then you can easily assume that said Director knows someone in Entertainments and has heard that its back on through them.

I'm just going to hope that it is true and that an announcement is not too long away.

Walt Disney

• formerly very helpful

Disneyworld is all about dreaming and wishing. So, here's hoping.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast