Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Re: Return our Adventureres Club

Kungaloosh Adventurers,

I just had my annual visit with Santa Claus and asked of him for only one thing: the Adventurers Club to re-open in 2011! Needless to say, Santa was perplexed, but he assured me he would look into it. You may think I'm crazy (and you'd be right), but believe it or not, my mother (who taught 3rd Grade for 32 years) wrote to her schoolboard for years to get exrtra power outlets installed in her classroom, and after years of being denied she wrote them a letter addressed to Santa Claus asking for the outlets. By gum, the next year she had new outlets! Never doubt the power of Santa (maybe we should send the Disney Execs our letters to Santa, just a thought). Anyhow, I leave you a gift of the Traditional Christmas Eve Midnight Retelling of "'Twas The Night Before Christmas"! For full effect, prepair a glass of Egg Nog, Wassail or Kungaloosh and press play at midnight tonight! I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and an Adventurous New Year!

Some days you eat the mouse.
    Some days the mouse eats you.
    But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!

LOL! That was great! I have never been there during Christmas time, I went in the summer so I had no idea what kind of skits they did. I miss that place so much.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Kungaloosh!

Well Adventurers, take a look at what pictures I just recieved in my inbox:

Unfortunalty no news about the reopening, but it's nice to see Adventurers Club materials in official print!

KUNGALOOSH!

I remember my mom getting the Kungaloosh one time. It came in a collector's tin that had camo all over it and said Adventurers Club on the side. I think we still have it somewhere.

Kungaloosh Everyone,

I'm sure we all remember that on Nov. 18 the Official Disney Park Blog posted their " First Look: Waterfront District 'Hyperion Wharf' Among Plans for Downtown Disney" and after almost a month of the comment section being open, almost 95% of the 372 comments (that made it past the moderator) were about how we want our Adventurers Club to come back. Well Adventurers, here is yet another chance to let Disney know that we want Adventurer back in our lives.

I've recieved in my In Box that the new Disney Park Blog question is, "Your favorite Disney Character Is. . .". I'm sure we can all fill that blank with Hathaway Browne, Samantha Sterling, Otis T. Wren, Pamelia Perkins, Fletcher Hodges, Graves, and any of the many Maids that we all know and love. Be sure to include in your post that your favorite character is from the Adventurers Club, and if you feel like adding a personal story of how that charcater touched your life, I'm sure it couldn't hurt. This battle is far from over Adventurers, let us once again tell Disney that "An Adventurers Life is Best"!
    Kungaloosh!

Your Favorite Disney Character is… « Disney Parks Blog

KUNGALOOSH!

Happy Valentine's Day Adventurers,

Once again, the Disney Parks Blog has set themselves up for an Adventurers Club ballot box stuffing! Today's internet query is "Your Favorite Disney Character Couple is… « Disney Parks Blog". Lets get to it Adventurers! I'm sure everyone is in favor of Otis & Pamelia, or Hathaway and well, every lady he looks at, or Emil & Bessie the Heifer, or any other combination. Please be sure to include in your comment that these characters are from the Adventurers Club (as I'm sure the higher ups may need a gentle reminder of the properties they own and are letting go to waste), and how much you would like to see them back at Walt Disney World by next Valentines Day.

The last Blog question of "Your Favorite Disney Character is…" is still open, and the Adventurers Club is well spoken for (I think that Hathaway Browne beat out Mickey Mouse). So lets contiune to remind Disney that "An Adventurers Life is Best"!

KUNGALOOSH!

Kungaloosh Adventurers,

I don't know how I missed this fantastic opportunity for so long, but here is the chance to use the "Let the Memories Begin" campaign to our advantage! Below is a link to a site where you can subit a photo of a favorite Disney memory as well as tell the photo's story (in 1000 words or less)! So, I propose we flood this campaign with adventurous photos and memories. Oh, and be be sure to add in your stories how you would like the Club to reopen so more memories can be made!

Kungaloosh!

Disney Memories on Facebook

KUNGALOOSH!

And now, the immortal words of Col. Critchlow Sunchbench:

When we drink, we get drunk. When we get drunk, we fall asleep. When we fall asleep, we commit no sin. When we commit no sin, we go to heaven.

So, let's all get drunk, and go to heaven!

Happy St. Patrick's Day, may that next year we will all be commiting no sin inside the Adventurers Club's Main Salon!

KUNGALOOSH!

• Minion

The Adventurer's Club is one of those things I always felt a bit cheated that I never got to experience before it disappeared.

Just recently I have heard an interesting rumor and story this from a certain Skipper who we all know and love. One of his Universal contacts mentioned to him that their is a possibility of the New York City "Jekyll and Hyde Club" coming to Citywalk! For those of you who do not know of this Club, it was rumored to have been built by a former Adventurers Club employee. It is a themed restraunt/bar with interactive entertainment and undoubtedly inspired by our beloved Club, so much so that they have a portraits of Otis T. Wren and Hathaway Browne on their walls!

Photo from Adventureres Club Yahoo! Group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adventurers_Club/

Photo from Adventureres Club Yahoo! Group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adventurers_Club/

Now, as for the story. . . a few weeks ago, Bob Iger had visted Universal to experience the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. It was reported to be a cordial visit all around with Iger and Universal Management disscussing the differences between how each park operates, and other such business. A few days later a Mansion Butler witnessed Iger and Magic Kingdom Vice President, Phil Holmes getting off the Haunted Mansion (we are to assume inspecting the new Hitchhiking Ghosts). Iger turned to Holmes and irritatedly muttered, "It's not Potter" and walked away!

If this is true, then finally Disney is realizing that they have to start keeping up with the Potters. (Which is still a sad state of affairs since, as we all know, Disney once led the theme park industry.) Also, if this is the case, then if The Jekyll & Hyde Club does open at Citywalk, we can only hope that it does exceedingly well to the point that Disney will have to take notice and say to themselves, "Wait, didn't we once have the attration that inspired that Club? Crap! Well, what are you minions waiting for, get that stuff off of the walls of D'Street, Tahitian Terrace and Mystic Manor and rush deliver it back to 5189 Hill St.!"

KUNGALOOSH!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

I had heard that Iger's visit at UO went extremely well. I hope that Mansion story is true.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Iger went to Universal Orlando??!
    -Bill

yes. All companies visit each other. It's not like their at each other's throats. Walt Disney World and all other parks in the Orlando area benefit from each other because many people who visit Universal also spend a few days at Disney as well.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

That's what you call a V-8 moment or a Homer Simpson "D'oh" moment. Too bad it takes them a decade to realizes these types of mistakes and another decade before they can even hope to catch up. The lack of adding sufficient new attractions to WDW, and DLs numerous horrendous management decisions of the late 90's and early 2000's have set back both resorts considerably. Not even Radiator Springs will have as many unique features that WWoHP has, nor will it's main attraction be able to come anywhere close technologically as WWoHP's main attraction. And The Adventurerer's Club is just another example of the Magic disappearing from the Kingdom once known as such.

• Honorary Jungle Skipper

Quote Originally Posted by Master_Gracey View Post

Photo from Adventureres Club Yahoo! Group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adventurers_Club/[/CENTER]
    Tonight, the role of Hathaway Browne will be played by Alec Baldwin.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast