Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Re: Return our Adventurer's Club

KUNGALOOSH!!!!!!! This is one thing that I really hold hope will reappear at the WDW Resort in the future.

I have fantasized about them opening it at the Polynesian, Adventureland, DAK, Night Kingdom ;-) , or DTD again...
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Kungaloosh Adventurers,

Well, today we have two Disney Park Blogs to post on! Number one, let us all go and congratulate the Disney Beverage Program for receiving Cheers Magazine’s 2012 “Cheers Beverage Excellence Awards” and also the 2012 VIBE VISTA Award for “Best Wine Program”. Let's all post them a message and tell them how much we enjoy their "Kungaloosh", "Hoopla", "Gypsy Moth", "Funmeister", etc. A short list of your favorites may be found here: Signature drinks - Adventurers Club Wiki

Two, now that the Comedy Warehouse shows at M.G.M. Studios have been announced please go and plug the Adventurers Club like crazy especially sine the blog post that states that this show is "including alumni from the Comedy Warehouse on Pleasure Island"!

Some days you eat the mouse.
    Some days the mouse eats you.
    But never give into the mouse without a fight!
    KUNGALOOSH!

Here's more footage for you adventurer's (not mine but these guys are pros so expect some high quality footage):
    Adventurers Club One Night Stand - Pleasure Island Walt Disney World - YouTube

Kungaloosh Adventurers,

Well, here we are, another Christmas Eve and yet another year that I wish that we could all gather in in the Main Salon at midnight to hear our favorite people recite "Twas the Night Before Christmas". Well, once again to simulate the experience, here is the only other YouTube recording that I have ever seen of this very event! So, prepaire your favorite beverage, be it egg nog, wassail or a frost Kungaloosh, press play, and let us all dream and wish that next year at this time that we will all be in the Main Salon together again, one big, adventurous family.

Merry Christmas and Kungaloosh!

P.S. Shooting off a few more letters and some of those Pleasure Island surveys to the Executives couldn't hurt either!

• Tomorrow's Child

Merry Christmas and to all and to all a goodnight.... and Kungaloosh!

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Future Imagineer! =D

So, I'm not too familiar with the AC. Can anyone give me some background on it? I 've been to WDW a few times, but I'm not of clubbing age yet. I heard that it was an amazing place from a lot of sources
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

It was sort of a cheesy comedy type thing... Very close to Jungle Cruise type humor. Unfortunately for you, you could get in at any age with an adult. I've been to WDW twice before it shut down and I'm devastated that I never went to the Adventurers Cub.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Honorary Jungle Skipper

Quote Originally Posted by LittleImagineer View Post
    So, I'm not too familiar with the AC. Can anyone give me some background on it? I 've been to WDW a few times, but I'm not of clubbing age yet. I heard that it was an amazing place from a lot of sources
    Here's a link to my description of the club. It was a wonderful place.

• Shablagoo!

You know what would be a fun event? If Disney were to give the Jungle Cruise to the Adventure's club members and let them skipper the boats for a few hours.

• Marching along

Thumbs up Re: Return our Adventurer's Club

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    You know what would be a fun event? If Disney were to give the Jungle Cruise to the Adventure's club members and let them skipper the boats for a few hours.
    Adventurers After Dark at the Jungle Cruise! Love it!

I'd also love to see the cast roaming Adventureland on occasion as Streetmosphere characters. What fun that would be, at least until they rebuilt the club next to the new Indiana Jones ride.

Kungaloosh Adventurers,So the Disney Parks Blog has once again provided us with a great pictoral reminder of what we are still fighting to bring back.
    I just want to remind everyone that the return of our Club, as long as we all continue remind Disney that there is the demand, is still a very real possibility. Please follow this link to the Disney Park Blog and leave a comment on how badly Pleasure Island's nightlife is missed (particularly our beloved Adventurers Club). Allso, please take some time to shoot off a couple of those PI Surveys to the Executives. With any luck, at this time in 2012, we will all be back in the Main Salon welcoming in 1937 once again!
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!

But the Club still stands and hope remains!

KUNGALOOSH!

I must say that last night I had quite a memorable President's Day, having the pleasure of seeing my good friend "Right Guard" in the Walt Disney World Cast Member Drama Club (STAGE)'s production of "Arsenic and Old Lace". He is playing Teddy Brewster, who beleive himself to be the great Adventurers Club Member and 26th President of the Unitied States, Teddy Roosevelt. One of "Right Guard's" many costumes proudly sported an original Club Membership Pin, a Club Canteen and in addition to his many "Bullys"! gave the audience a couple of hearty Kungalooshes! The show plays for two more nights at the Contemporary Resort's, Ballroom of the Americas.

"Right Guard" as Teddy Brewster at the Adventurers Club

After watching "Right Guard" charge up the staricase, believing it to be San Juan Hill, for the umteenth time, I remembered an article from the Adventurers Club Newsletter, The Adventurers Almanac, about a tradition that our great Club has in honor of the man who spoke soflty but carried a big stick.

Adventurers Almanac: Volume 54 Issue No. 1,
    The Teddy Toast

FROM THE DESK OF GRAVES

Greetings, fellow Adventurers!
    In future issues, as part of my duties as Club butler, I will be discussing the etiquette involved in many of the Adventurers Club functions (Manure Diving Competition, Gator Grappling Olympics, etc.), however, it has come to my attention that many of the present membership, particularly the newer members, are avoiding, if not totally ignoring, one of our most time honored traditions, the "Teddy Toast." As the ritual indicates, upon returning to the Club after a hard day of adventuring, one should move as speedily as possible to the nearest bar or watering hole and purchase the beverage of one's choice. Moving without delay, one should wend one's way back up to the "Founders' Corner" and stand before the portrait of Teddy Roosevelt, the ultimate adventurer. You are to raise your untouched drink high to the heavens, shout "Charge!" at the top of your lungs, and drain your glass completely.

This tradition dates back to the time Bart Biffbay was stopped in that particular spot by Nashy. Nash inquired how "Bilge-Water Bart" planned to settle his extremely large and extremely delinquent bar tab. Bart replied he would charge it, to which a rather angry and redfaced Nash screamed, "Charge!?!?" "Exactly!," said Bart, downing a gin and tonic, after which Nash downed Bart. In these simple times, we need to be true to our simple traditions.

Yours ever loyally — Graves

Adventurers Club, Zebra Mezzanine: The Founders Corner

This is truly a grand tradition that I plan to uphold and hopefully reinstate when we finaly are let back in to that hallowed Earthbound Treehouse on top of Hill St.! I believe that my beverage of choice will be a Gypsy Moth. What will yours be?

KUNGALOOSH!

Kungaloosh Adventureres! Recently I was fortunate enough to chat with an a person who may or may not be in connection with WED who told me that there are to be no further demolitions at Pleasure Island and to keep putting the pressure on Disney about how much the Adventurers Club is loved, missed and how badly it is wanted to make a return/ So, I though it would be a good idea to once again post the "Pleasure Island Guest Survey" I put up a few months ago.

As Lee mentioned over on the WDWMagic Forums, in the "Plan C for Pleasure Island" thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I can tell you that the stream of complaints into TDO and Burbank since the closing of PI in general, and the AC in particular, has been nothing short of extraordinary. Far greater than for any other closure in company history.
    I have been told by certain people that it has become a sore spot within the organization, and that there has been a significant amount of push-back from within to try to undo the mistakes made with the closing of PI. Thus far, those efforts have been stymied by certain individuals who refuse to acknowledge that any mistakes were made and are prevented by ego from ever admitting that they were wrong and trying to make it right."
    Adventurers, let us lend our support to those who wish to undo their mistakes and help their voices be heard by once again taking up pen and sending in those letters to let the Execs know that the song of Adventure will not be silcenced and our Club must be reopened! And for those who would like their letters to have an even more official look, may I suggest picking up a packet of parchment and affixing the Official Adventurers Club Letterhead to the upper left corner of your message.

And once again, while I would say message as many Disney offices as you can, here are a core group of five individuals who must be included:

Mr. Robert Iger
    Chief Executive Officer
    The Walt Disney Company
    500 South Buena Vista Street
    Burbank, CA 91521-4873

Thomas O. Staggs
    Chairman
    Walt Disney Parks & Resorts
    C/O Team Disney Building
    500 South Buena Vista St.
    Burbank, CA 91521

John Lasseter
    Chief Creative Officer
    Walt Disney and Pixar Animation Studios
    Pixar Animation Studios
    1200 Park Avenue
    Emeryville, CA 94608

Meg Crofton
    President
    President of Operations- US & France
    PO Box 10040
    Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Keith Bradford
    VP Downtown Disney
    Walt Disney World Company
    P.O. Box 10000
    Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

This battle is far from over Adventurers, and support for the Club's return must outweigh those "who refuse to acknowledge that any mistakes were made and are prevented by ego from ever admitting that they were wrong and trying to make it right"!

From the save the Adventurers Club Facebook page:

Kungaloosh Adventurers,

With the Wearin' o' the Green upon us, Disney Parks Blog is advertising that on should spend their St. Patty's Day at Downtown Disney and that their celebration is centered around Pleasure Island and Raglan Road. I think it has been too long since we have had a post on the Disney Parks blog that had anything to do with PI, so let us leave many comments on how we would truely like to spend this Holiday, watching Hathaway Browne tell his death-defying tales while wearing his Official Green Club Jacket! Perhaps watching Emil call upon his pigeons in his Green Jr. Adventurer's Outfit. The list goes on and on, so please choose your favorite scenario and tell Disney!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Kungaloosh Adventurers,

ConGaloosh 2012 has been announced!

With the loss of the club building four years ago, the House of Wong graciously opened its back room to the permanent members of the club - and even offered gainful employment to Hathaway Browne, allowing him to push the dim sum cart until he refused to stop informing patrons that his Chinese name was "Mister Hung."
    However, since the last Radiothon four years ago, egg roll sales have plummeted and the restaurant desperately needs customers. In an effort to draw business, it has decided to open its doors for one night only to honorary club members as well!

Looking at the event schedual, it seems as though there is another Adventureland Challenge being prepared, but in Tibet? Have to get more info on that! And with this year's event is only an appropriate $19.37, there is no reason not to come out and join the adventure!

KUNGALOOSH!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast