Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Re: Return our Adventurer's Club

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    This is one of those things that we need to start letting go. It has been 4 years now. All of the interior was either sent to HK, or claimed by other WDW divisions for Special Events, or offices.

So that beautiful collection is gone forever. This place was special, all of PI was special. Every time I drive past DTD I get so upset when I see the Pleasure Island marquee sign, making jokes, and being lighthearted... I always want to scream "you don't exist any more stop making jokes"

I loved all the clubs so much. Nothing was more fun than getting there at 8pm for a show at the Comedy Warehouse, laughing like crazy, then going over to the Adventurers Club for a quick show and a Kungaloosh, then heading over to 8Trax and Mannequins for some dancing, more drinks more shots, more dancing, then back to the Adventurers Club for more shows and hi jinks.

Sigh... it will never happen again.
    I must disagree with you on this. The are significant rumors that Mannequins and Comedy Warehouse are getting ready to reopen, including the fact that costuming has been working on resupplying those costumes. The Adventurers Club has unfortunately not had as much to go off of, but I have heard that someone has spotted new concept art, and possibly for Animal Kingdom. I do not know anything more about these rumblings, but I do know this, someone high up must still love the place because the Adventurers Club does have a presence in every Disney resort around the world, except for Walt Disney World where it started, and eventually someone will get enough power to reverse the poor decision of four years ago!
    Some days you eat the mouse.
    Some days the mouse eats you.
    But the Club still stands and hope remains!
    KUNGALOOSH!

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by Master_Gracey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    This is one of those things that we need to start letting go. It has been 4 years now. All of the interior was either sent to HK, or claimed by other WDW divisions for Special Events, or offices.

So that beautiful collection is gone forever. This place was special, all of PI was special. Every time I drive past DTD I get so upset when I see the Pleasure Island marquee sign, making jokes, and being lighthearted... I always want to scream "you don't exist any more stop making jokes"

I loved all the clubs so much. Nothing was more fun than getting there at 8pm for a show at the Comedy Warehouse, laughing like crazy, then going over to the Adventurers Club for a quick show and a Kungaloosh, then heading over to 8Trax and Mannequins for some dancing, more drinks more shots, more dancing, then back to the Adventurers Club for more shows and hi jinks.

Sigh... it will never happen again.
    I must disagree with you on this. The are significant rumors that Mannequins and Comedy Warehouse are getting ready to reopen, including the fact that costuming has been working on resupplying those costumes. The Adventurers Club has unfortunately not had as much to go off of, but I have heard that someone has spotted new concept art, and possibly for Animal Kingdom. I do not know anything more about these rumblings, but I do know this, someone high up must still love the place because the Adventurers Club does have a presence in every Disney resort around the world, except for Walt Disney World where it started, and eventually someone will get enough power to reverse the poor decision of four years ago!
    The animal kingdom is the perfect place got the club. Replace the rainforest cafe
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

Kungaloosh Adventurers,

Well, it seems our beloved Club and our Adventurers are still alive and well, for the right price. Check out time signature 5:06 in this video! Disney Signature Dreams That's right, Emil Bleehall is still telling tales about his pigeon corp! Also with the new promotion of “Limited Time Magic,” "featuring unexpected experiences with an extra sprinkle of Pixie Dust at Disneyland and the Walt Disney World Resort that’ll appear, and then disappear when the next debuts", it is the perfect time to reintroduce the Adventurers Club to the world! Go to Giant Ice Castle in Times Square Kicks Off and let Disney know we want a limited engagement of the Adventurers Club to become Full Time Magic!
    KUNGALOOSH!

• Marching along

Sad Re: Return our Adventurer's Club

Quote Originally Posted by Master_Gracey View Post
    Kungaloosh Adventurers,

Well, it seems our beloved Club and our Adventurers are still alive and well, for the right price. Check out time signature 5:06 in this video! Disney Signature Dreams That's right, Emil Bleehall is still telling tales about his pigeon corp!
    Disney Signature Dreams. Where the Magic lives on. For the one percent.

Happy Halloween Adventurers,

At this spirited time of year, I wish that we all could be in 5189 Hill St. enjoying their fine spirits, not only Fingers Zambezi, the paranormal prodigy of the Club's Wurlitzer, but also the Kungaloosh, the Gypsy Moth, Samantha's Passion Potion, etc. However, until or wish comes true of the Club's reopening, I give to you a treat; the Adventurers Club Halloween Jubile!

KUNGALOOSH!

Kungaloosh Adventurers,

Not many people know but Allan Sherman was counted among the roll call of Merriweather Pleasure's Adventurers Club. It must be there where he first heard this little ditty, sung so angelically (or influenced by his gin and tonic, hold the tonic add more gin and add a chaser of gin, from the mouth of Club Gleemiester, Col. Critchlow Suchbench.
    Happy New Year Adventurers! Hopefully in 2013 we will once again be transported back to 1937 and enjoy the sights, sounds and excitement of Pleasure Island and the legendary Adventurers Club! Carpe P.M. and Kungaloosh!
    KUNGALOOSH!

Kungaloosh Adventurers,

As King Bob of the Save Pleasure Island Blogspot states, "There Is Finally Hope On The Island"! (Save Pleasure Island: PI Update: There Is Finally Hope On The Island[/URL]). Starting Feb. 1st, WDW President, Meg Crofton is being replaced by Disneyland President George Kalogridis and Senior Vice President of Downtown Disney & Disney Sports, Ken Potrock being replaced by Disney Cruise Lines, Tom Wolber. These two seem to not have forgotten that Disney is supposed to be for all ages and not just children are being put in positions that could spell the rebirth of our favorite night time destination! It is time that a new letter writing campaign begin to bring to the attention of the men who brought Disneyland ElecTRONica and Mad T Party, and the Disney Cruise Line nightclubs, that Adventure keeps calling our names!

Having relistened to "MouseStation Episode 249"'s interview with certain actors from the Adventurers Club (MouseStation Episode 249 Bonus Audio - October 3, 2008 - Interviews with Adventurers Club cast members from the podcast[/URL]) the night before closing, what they mentioned around 6:30 was absolutly true, "Don't stop trying!" Send personal hand-written letters that tell how long you've visited the Adventures Club, what kept you coming back, personal experiences and what Disney principals it upheld. Keep sending them well past the closing to let the executives know that there is still a need for this unique experience. And keep them professional.
    Also, once again I present to you the '90s Pleasure Island Survey. I would include a filled out copy of this along with a hand-written letter for extra emphasis!

The time is once again upon us to act adventurers! Let us help these two executives start their new roles with a winning decision to re-open the Adventurers Club and Pleasure Island!

George Kalogridis
    President
    The Walt Disney World Resort
    700 West Ball Road
    Floor 4
    Anaheim, CA 92802

Tom Wolber
    Senior Vice President
    Disney Sports Enterprises and Downtown Disney
    210 Celebration Place
    Floor 4
    Celebration, FL 34747
    KUNGALOOSH!

Kungaloosh Adventurers,

Disney Parks Blog has just announced that "Long-Lost Disney Friends Return for ‘Limited Time Magic’ at Walt Disney World Resort" and ask "So, which long-lost Disney character would you like to see the most? Let us know in the “Comments.” I believe that we all should pop in and let them know that we want Adventurers Club Aviator, Hathaway Browne, Adventurers Club Ichthyologist, Otis T. Wren, Adventurers Club Jungle Exploress, Samantha Sterling, Adventurers Club President Pamelia Perkins, Jr. Adventurer of 1937, Emil Bleehall, Adventurers Club Butler Graves, Adventurers Club Curator Fletcher Hodges and a bevy of Adventurers Club Frech Maids! Lets hope that this limited engagement could become a permanent fixture at 5189 Hill St. Pleasure Island!
    KUNGALOOSH!

Posted by handsom club aviator, Hathaway Browne on the "Save the Adventurers Club" Facebook page:

Kungaloosh Adventurers,

I see that we are all understandably concerned with the rumors of Pleasure Island transformation into "The Landing". So at this point, I would like to repost a few very important addresses to voice your concerns to:

Mr. Robert Iger
    Chief Executive Officer
    The Walt Disney Company
    500 South Buena Vista Street
    Burbank, CA 91521-4873

Thomas O. Staggs
    Chairman Walt Disney Parks & Resorts
    Team Disney Building
    Burbank CA 91521-4873

Meg Crofton
    Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Operations, U.S. & France
    PO Box 10040
    Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

George Kalogridis
    President
    700 West Ball Road
    Floor 4
    Anaheim, CA 92802

Tom Wolber
    Senior Vice President
    210 Celebration Place
    Floor 4
    Celebration, FL 34747

It is never too late adventueres. Now is the time to let these individuals know how you feel, before any official release (if one is coming) is issued!

Kungaloosh,
    Hathaway Browne
    KUNGALOOSH!

• Tomorrow's Child

Before anyone asks, that's not me!

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

Just saw this over at the "Save the Adventurers Club" Facbook Page:

Kungaloosh Adventurers,

I don't know how many of you picked up on this, but take a close look at the top left corner of the concept art for "The Springs". Look to me like 5189 Hill St. still stands intact and apparently with a submarine just beyond it (However, Merriweather's exotic plantlife conservatory (AKA The Neon Armadillo) nextdoor seems to have become a tree). While this is good news indeed, I think that we still should give the powers that be a little nudge to let them know what it is we still want inside the building.

George A Kalogridis
    President Walt Disney World Resort
    Walt Disney World
    1375 East Buena Vista Drive
    Floor 4N

Tom Wolber
    Senior Vice President
    3281 Sherberth Road
    Floor 1
    Kissimmee, FL 34747

Meg Crofton
    Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Operations, U.S. & France
    PO Box 10040

Thomas O. Staggs
    Chairman Walt Disney Parks & Resorts
    Team Disney Building
    Burbank CA 91521-4873

Mr. Robert Iger
    Chief Executive Officer
    The Walt Disney Company
    Burbank, CA 91521-4873

Never give up Adventurers!

Kungaloosh,
    Hathaway Bronwe
    Last edited by Master_Gracey; 03-24-2013 at 03:02 PM.
    KUNGALOOSH!

• New Member Goes Forth

Definatly bring it back
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

Just saw this over at the "Save the Adventurers Club" Facebook group:

Kungaloosh Adventurers,

Exciting news for this year's ConGaloosh Weekend! A new side project has been developed entitled "Adventures in Charity" and will be a show in the "Hoopla" tradition, starring some of our favorite Permanent Members: Andrea Canny, Philip Nolen, Karl Anthony, Graham Murphy, Jim Roberts, Sheila Smith Ward, Joy Anderson Bowes, John Connon, Mindy Wally Dietterich and Joy Anderson Bowes with proceeds benefiting the individual actor's charity of choice!

It will take place Saturday, September 28, 2013 at 6:00PM at the:
    Holiday Inn Resort Lake Buena Vista
    13351 State Road 535, Orlando, Florida 3282

Now just to keep things clear, this is not a Disney sponsored event. Stay tuned to the event page to find out how to order tickets, info on a silent auction and details about the cocktail hour!

KUNGALOOSH!

Happy 24 birthday Adventurers Club and Pleasure Island! May we be partying like it is 1989 one again before your 25th comes around!
    KUNGALOOSH!

Happy 4th of July Everyone! And for you Pleasure Island Histarians out there:

The story begins in New South Frewsberg, Pennsylvania, on July 4th, 1873. “Gold Rush Gus” Pleasure, free-wheeling millionaire prospector/explorer, paces in his study. A smiling nurse enters and announces the birth of a bouncing baby boy to him and his wife, the former Miss Lydia LaMarr, an early star of the American stage (known professionally as “The American Venus”). The boy is named “Merriweather” after Gus’ own father. . .

. . .Their first son, Stewart, is born on July 4th, 1901. A second son, Henry, is born in 1905, also on July 4th. . .

. . .On July 3rd, 1911, his daughter and the last Pleasure child, Merriam is born. Merriweather has the date legally changed to July 4th. Merriam proves to be the most beloved of his children, a soul-mate, friend, and companion on his round-the-world jaunts. . .

. . .Henry Pleasure marries ZENOBIA DUBOIS, Kissimmee Society Debutante, on July 4th,1926. . .

. . .An elaborate wedding worthy of royalty is held when Pleasure’s daughter Merriam marries an ambitious tango composer from Argentina, Raoul Manzanera, on July 4th, 1933. . .
    ~An exerpt from "The Pleasure Island Papers"

Happy 140th Birthday, Merriweather Adam Pleasure! My your Adventurers Club reopen this year and once again bring joy to Adventurers everywhere!

M. A. Pleasure

Also, I'd like to extend a Happy 112th Birthday to Stewart Pleasure, 108th Birthday to Henry Pleasure and 102th Birthday to Merriam Pleasure. Also Happy 87th Wedding Anniversary to Henry Pleasure and Zenobia Dubois and 80th Wedding Anniversary to Merriam Pleasure and Raoul Manzanera! Oh the Pleasure Family, as American as apple pie and Walter Elias Disney (Why else would he rename The Cox-Sherohman Floating Arts Palace the Empress Lilly)!
    KUNGALOOSH!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast