Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Return our Adventurer's Club

Kungaloosh Adventurers,

I know it has been a while since I've posted here, and I'm also aware that the Save The Adventureres Club thread has been closed for some time, but I have a proposition for the next step in the ever popular fight to return Adventure to Walt Disney World! As we know, a few days ago Disney has announced what they believe the public wants out of Pleasure Island, Hyperion Wharf. I'm not going to get into the details, for I'm providing the link to the Official Disney Parks Blog where you may read the announcement at your leasure. However, the most interesting thing is that about 95% of the first 283 comments about Hyperion Wharf mention the Adventurers Club by name, either lamenting its loss, demanding its return or wondering where it fits into the new plans. So Adventurers, we are not alone in wanting Adventure returned to Downtown Disney, and here is our new outlet to let Disney know it! Please flood this Blog's comment board on what we, the public, truely want, our Adventurers Club's immediate return, and not what my latest propoganda poster depicts. . .

Disney should not be able to turn blind eye to their own Official Blog, and, if your post doesn't make it by the moderator, then please try again, just a little toned down. As long as the majority of comments deal with the Adventurers Club our point should be getting across. Here's to hoping for another Hoopla in 5189 Hill St.!

Kungaloosh!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/11/first-look-waterfront-district-hyperion-wharf-among-plans-for-downtown-disney

Some days you eat the mouse.
    Some days the mouse eats you.
    But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!

• Tonka's Skipper

Angry Re: Return our Adventureres Club

Bring Back my Adventurers Club!

• formerly very helpful

Re: Return our Adventureres Club

I suppose it's worth a shot. A letter-writing campaign saved Star Trek in the 60s.

Its so exciting reading the comments on the blog and seeing that every single one is about the Adventurer's Club. It truely was a unique and well loved experience and I only hope Disney is listening to the demand. I wouldn't have such a huge problem with it being gone if they were actually doing something unique and worthwhile with its replacement but all were getting is a shopping mall. Who cares? I just don't get it. If they can't create new Disney experiences, at least bring back the old ones.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Maybe the AC would do a lot better back at CA.

• Honorary Jungle Skipper

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    Maybe the AC would do a lot better back at CA.
    That would at least make me happier than the nearest one being in Hong Kong.

Still, one in Florida could've made a lot more money with food and/or souvenirs consistently available.

So here is the question Adventureres. What I place before you is a piece of Hyperion Wharf concept art that I've heard that Disney posted somewhere, but quickly removed due to a certain roof in the background.

If we look closer (which I know is hard to do since no one grabbed a larger version of this piece) at the space under the eyesore balloon, the Adventurers Club roof is still standing in Hyperion Wharf!

Is there hope left for Merriweather's Earthbound Treehouse? I like to think so! Keep the hope alive Adventurers!

Some days you eat the mouse.
    Some days the mouse eats you.
    But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!
    Last edited by Master_Gracey; 11-26-2010 at 08:37 PM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

I could see them bringing this back as a dinner show esq venue, and that is about it. But all that stuff that filled the AC has been hauled off all over WDW, and the world.

^ I'm hopeful this means anything but I mean, just because they don't plan to demolish the building doesn't mean the Adventurer's Club is coming back. It's been sitting there empty for months now.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by theeighthpassenger View Post
    ^ I'm hopeful this means anything but I mean, just because they don't plan to demolish the building doesn't mean the Adventurer's Club is coming back. It's been sitting there empty for months now.
    According to plans, they do plan on demolishing the building, although perhaps the outcry will spare it.

In this article, which includes discussion with Keith Bradford, VP of Downtown Disney, and Alex Wright, creative director,
    Quote Originally Posted by article
    The final phase will be the removal of Adventurers Club and BET Soundstage Club, which eventually will be replaced by restaurants. The new restaurants will add 1,500 seats to the area.
    We'll see if Disney listens to their own blog comments however. I still don't really understand the need to change this one club, since it is apparent there is so much emotional attachment to it. Keeping this one club would be a no brainer if I were in charge...

Disney Pleasure Island changes: Changes at Disney's Pleasure Island - OrlandoSentinel.com
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

The Building that held both The Adventurer's Club and the BET Soundstage is scheduled for demolition. The Construction permits say so.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Nutty about Disney parks

I actually posted an idea (well I dont give any details) for an Adventurer's Club type nightclub/show for Disney Cruises.

Or even better...what if there was an Adventurer's Club/Mystic Manor type house on Castaway Bay?

I feel like if they try to replicate it, it will lose a lot of its charm.

• Cool Yule

Hey its worth ago.... if they listen. I can't see how they can ignore the volume of comments though.
    Heck the turn out on closing day should have been enough for someone high up in Burbank to ask "which idiot decided to close it?"

There's one way to dangle the carrot. The notion that if they return it, people will return and if they managed to have a small, yet perfectly stocked exclusive AC merchandise (at reasonable prices) then fans will buy no end of AC tees, sweaters, mugs, hats.. you name it.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by Hathaway Browne View Post
    Hey its worth ago.... if they listen. I can't see how they can ignore the volume of comments though.
    Heck the turn out on closing day should have been enough for someone high up in Burbank to ask "which idiot decided to close it?"

There's one way to dangle the carrot. The notion that if they return it, people will return and if they managed to have a small, yet perfectly stocked exclusive AC merchandise (at reasonable prices) then fans will buy no end of AC tees, sweaters, mugs, hats.. you name it.

Yeah I guess the popularity of a place, or the amount of cover charges sold dont mean squat to the suits if people arent buying food and merchandise. I guess that explains the closure of many of Pleasure Island's joints but to keep Disney Quest up? Seriously I find DQ a bit lame. Who needs a cheap virtual park experience when you can just take a quick drive or bus over to four of the real thing?

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast