Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

• Seasick

Re: 12 Days in Orlando: Walt Disney World, Universal, and the Kennedy Space Center

I agree with this sentiment so much, it's not even funny:

Back to Islands of Adventure. Gotta love these wait times:

Looking out towards the Lost Continent, Wizarding World, and Jurassic Park:

My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• Seasick

Re: 12 Days in Orlando: Walt Disney World, Universal, and the Kennedy Space Center

Marvel Superhero Island. Will the rumours come true? Will Disney buy out Universal, sending this area to Yesterland?

Now I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but visiting in the off-season and seeing empty queues is the only way to do it:

• Seasick

Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls had the most uncomfortable ride vehicles I've ever encountered. It was ridiculous trying to get in, and they weren't comfortable. Like other Universal Rides, you will get drenched. The coin operated water cannons at the end are fun, moreso when you're not the one being targeted.

The Jurassic Park River Adventure delivers an impressive splash-down:

• Seasick

Back at Wizarding World, the line for Olivander's was quite lengthy by the afternoon:

The sights along the pathway to the Dragon coasters:

We checked out the Sinbad stunt show:

An impressive set, but the show didn't overly thrill me:

Since the sun has returned, let's end with a few last shots of Hogwarts:

• Seasick

We didn't have dinner reservations this day, but we somehow ended up with two more Table Service credits remaining on our dining plan than we should have, so we decided to use them. The same thing happened to me in 2006. Is it wrong to use them? Meh, I gave Disney enough money this trip I wasn't going to question it.

We returned our rental car and endured a looong bus ride to the Boardwalk Resort, so that we could walk to Epcot. The bus stopped at the Swan & Dolphin resorts, and Beach Club resorts first. I think we could have gotten off earlier and still walked, but we weren't sure.

The Walt Disney World busses are okay, but I really don't think multiple resorts should ever share busses, even if it means half-empty busses. Time is money on this kind of vacation, and if I'm staying at a certain hotel, I shouldn't have to wait while the bus services other hotels at the same time. Spend the extra bucks Disney, and make our vacations that much better.

Eventually, we entered Epcot via the World Showcase entry.

Vince was interested in China's Nine Dragons, having perused the menu earlier, and it's one of the least popular Epcot eateries, so getting a table without a reservation was a breeze.

I'm assuming this sign says "Nine Dragons":

Bonus, they offered a set menu that included an appetizer. I was sold:

You can practice your chinese on the menus:

Vince had the Fish Sichuan. Whitefish, tofy, and vegetables in a spicy-savory broth. It was too spicy for my tastes:

I had the General Tso's chicken. Loved it. One of my favorite dinners of the entire trip, in fact:

A look at the restaurant:

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

LOVE your photos!!!! Great IOA Shots!! Looks like your vacation was just epic!

• Seasick

We took advantage of Evening Magic Hours at Epcot, journeying into our imagination with Figment, yet again:

Epcot is pretty at night:

We visited with Nemo and friends again, and spent a bit of time looking around the pavillion:

Mission: Space had instantly become one of Vince's favourites, so we did that again. I just wish I didn't have to endure the pre-show every time. I swear they remind us, like twenty times, that the ride is intense. I'm surprised we don't have to sign a waiver to ride.

Ooh, pretty:

Another day ends with a Photopass opportunity. The Food & Wine Festival displays were now out, as the event was set to have their soft opening the next day:

I'm guessing you guys are boyfriends? It's ok to make physical contact in a photo. I mean Homer Simpson got the most play in any of the photos I've seen!

• MC Blogger

Blog Entries

Absolutely great photos and report! Thanks. I've never seen the mini golf courses, so I'll have to try them out next trip...
    Mark

Disney parks and art, movies, music, more... Over 1, 000 Posts!
    www.InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

• Seasick

Quote Originally Posted by wdwprince View Post
    I'm guessing you guys are boyfriends? It's ok to make physical contact in a photo. I mean Homer Simpson got the most play in any of the photos I've seen!
    Uh, it was hot and we were sweaty and gross? I guess I tend not to squish in with anyone in photos, significant other or otherwise. The photographers did admonish us a few times to get closer.

• Seasick

Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    Absolutely great photos and report! Thanks. I've never seen the mini golf courses, so I'll have to try them out next trip...
    I recommend them. It's the kind of thing that's easy to skip when there are E-ticket attractions and fireworks spectaculars to experience, but they really are a nice relaxing change of pace. A lot of effort and attention to detail went into them.

• Seasick

Day 10: September 30

We return to the confines of Walt Disney World, as we enter the home stretch. I love WDW, but I couldn't help but feel let down after the amazing Wizarding World of Harry Potter and Islands of Adventure. Without any major new attractions, WDW definately felt a bit stale in comparison.

In hindsight, we were pondering whether we would have been better off getting a rental car for a longer period, staying on Universal property, staying off-site in general, etc. We're not the only ones feeling this way. Universal has raised the bar, and the lure of WDW is not quite what it once was.

We started our day in the Magic Kingdom, where there were still several attractions we hadn't seen yet, including the delightful Philharmagic:

I hadn't wandered through Mickey's Toontown Fair yet, so I did so. Vince decided it held no appeal for him, so he sought out some food in Tomorrowland instead.

Minnie's House:

Mickey's mailbox and house:

Inside Mickey's house:

Hey, Mickey's kitchen looks exactly like mine!

Unlike Disneyland's Toontown, Mickey has opted not to live in his house, and has set up shop in a tent instead. I declined to pay him a visit at this time.

• Seasick

Donald's boat:

Nice Halloween decor:

The view from Cosmic Ray's in Tomorrowland. It features standard fast-food fare, but I love the option to get cheese sauce for my fries at the toppings bar.

We did Space Mountain quite a few times this trip. The Magic Kingdom's version has a more interesting track layout than Anaheim's, with more unexpected drops and turns, but the ride is jerkier and inferior overall. The new speakers added ambient music, and did a decent job I thought, but again pales in comparison to Disneyland's masterful onboard soundtrack.

It didn't hurt that wait times this day were minimal.

Heading back through Fantasyland, let's take a look at the construction, the scope and size of which doesn't fully come through in photos.

• Seasick

A decidely non-busy hub allowed for a front-row view of Celebrate! A Street Party, already in progress:

• Seasick

Peter Pan in Florida compares poorly to Anaheim's, mostly because the flight over London lacks the immersive starfield. At least in Florida we were able to use Fastpass to skip the line:

Onward to Adventureland:

We picked up Jungle Cruise Fastpasses for later in the day. We had a really good skipper, who seemed to be a little more into it than what I've experienced in Anaheim lately. The tunnel adds a nice touch to the East coast version.

No Tarzan here!

I'd like to say that they don't mess with classic attractions as much in Florida (Tiki Room aside) because they don't want to ruin classics, but I honestly think they just don't want to spend the money.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast