Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

•   
    • Seasick

Re: 12 Days in Orlando: Walt Disney World, Universal, and the Kennedy Space Center

Greek food, always a favourite:

Another 2010 newcomer:

I can't say no to cheese fondue:

My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

•   
    • Seasick

Re: 12 Days in Orlando: Walt Disney World, Universal, and the Kennedy Space Center

After a day of eating and drinking, what could be better than a visit to an attraction so intense, there are barf bags in the ride vehicle?

Not to worry, we handled it without a problem, and resumed eating and drinking.

A trio of desserts:

A noodle dish:

The American Adventure sign, all pretty at night:

Lobster roll and crabcake from the USA:

A fuzzy final shot, but included here to demonstrate how pleasantly uncrowded World Showcase was. This was just a few minutes before Illuminations started, and good viewing spots were still readily available. I was expecting bigger crowds for the start of the Food & Wine Festival, on a Friday night no less.

We headed back to pack, and to make sure we got a good nights' sleep, in order to make good use of our upcoming final day in Orlando.
    Last edited by BC_DisneyGeek; 12-14-2010 at 10:30 PM.

Since you've been to both Disney and Universal can you tell me which one is better? My family's thinking about a trip down to Orlando and we only have time to do 1 park. I'd love to see the Harry Potter stuff, but there's really only 3 attractions. I'm not much for intense coasters, and it seems like Universal is only for the coasters. Is there stuff to do there for a full day at least without coasters? I know that Disney can take a full day, but I don't want to get to Universal and find out I wasted 100 bucks for 3 rides. Your thoughts?

•   
    • Seasick

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch626626 View Post
    Since you've been to both Disney and Universal can you tell me which one is better? My family's thinking about a trip down to Orlando and we only have time to do 1 park. I'd love to see the Harry Potter stuff, but there's really only 3 attractions. I'm not much for intense coasters, and it seems like Universal is only for the coasters. Is there stuff to do there for a full day at least without coasters? I know that Disney can take a full day, but I don't want to get to Universal and find out I wasted 100 bucks for 3 rides. Your thoughts?
    I wouldn't necesscarily say one is better than the other. There are different parks for different tastes. Universal has far less to do for the youngest visitors.

Islands of Adventure does have more to do than coasters, and if you buy a park-hopper ticket you'll find plenty to do between the two Universal parks. Harry Potter will take several hours, and then there's the Cat in the Hat ride, Jurassic Park, the two water rides, Poseidon's Fury, and some others. If you hop to Universal Studios there's E.T., Men In Black, Jaws, The Simpsons, Terminator, Shrek, and others.

Have you been to Disneyland? Have you been to Walt Disney World? If you've been to Disneyland, skip the Magic Kingdom and hit up Universal, Epcot, or Animal Kingdom. If you've been to Walt Disney World recently, there's not much new of note.

Right now, Islands of Adventure is the place to go if you want to see the latest, most amazing rides. Spider-Man and Forbidden Journey are worth the price of admission alone. Disney hasn't added much of note since Expedition Everest, and even that isn't a revolutionary ride like what Universal is offering up.

Quote Originally Posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
    I wouldn't necesscarily say one is better than the other. There are different parks for different tastes. Universal has far less to do for the youngest visitors.

Islands of Adventure does have more to do than coasters, and if you buy a park-hopper ticket you'll find plenty to do between the two Universal parks. Harry Potter will take several hours, and then there's the Cat in the Hat ride, Jurassic Park, the two water rides, Poseidon's Fury, and some others. If you hop to Universal Studios there's E.T., Men In Black, Jaws, The Simpsons, Terminator, Shrek, and others.

Have you been to Disneyland? Have you been to Walt Disney World? If you've been to Disneyland, skip the Magic Kingdom and hit up Universal, Epcot, or Animal Kingdom. If you've been to Walt Disney World recently, there's not much new of note.

Right now, Islands of Adventure is the place to go if you want to see the latest, most amazing rides. Spider-Man and Forbidden Journey are worth the price of admission alone. Disney hasn't added much of note since Expedition Everest, and even that isn't a revolutionary ride like what Universal is offering up.
    Actually, I've been to Disneyworld 2 times and Disneyland once. Disneyland is much nicer than Magic Kingdom, but the Magic Kingdom was the first disney park I ever visited, so I personally prefer Magic Kingdom over Disneyland. And actually, my second time to Orlando was during the summer. I've got relatives who live their now, so I'm planning on going once a summer. Thanks for the tips.

•   
    • Seasick

Day 12: October 02

All good things must come to an end.

We got up bright and early and did airline check-in, in the hotel lobby. A handy feature, which I hadn't used before (you can't do it for flights to Canada, but we flew out of Seattle this trip).

We had enough time to hit a theme park, and since any days above six or seven on a Walt Disney World park-hopper are essentially free, one can spend a few hours in a theme park without feeling like you wasted your money.

Our destination, the Magic Kingdom.

We hadn't done Astro Orbiter, and it wasn't too busy first thing, so we started there.

It was a quiet Saturday morning, so we were able to hit up Space Mountain with minimal wait, and of course took one last obligatory tour on the People Mover.

Liberty Square:

•   
    • Seasick

I took some photos around the hub:

Day 12, and I don't think I'd even taken this photo yet:

•   
    • Seasick

Dapper Dans:

Love the well-designed coverings they use during construction:

City Hall:

One last look down Main Street, USA:

•   
    • Seasick

We still had time to kill back at our hotel. We took a scenic walk from Port Orleans French Quarter to Port Orleans Riverside and back.

You might occasionally find peeling paint or burnt out light bulbs in the theme parks, but I have to say the upkeep at the hotels tends to be meticulous. Perhaps because that's where they make the most money?

•   
    • Seasick

•   
    • Seasick

The first time vince saw the Riverside mansions, he actually lamented we didn't stay there. They are nice, but I'd still take the smaller French Quarter (with one bus stop instead of four, when not sharing with Riverside) if given the choice.

•   
    • Seasick

We'd had a few breakfasts, but hadn't eaten a lunch or dinner at our resorts quick service location yet. The shrimp Po' Boy and fresh Beignets</B> were really good.

We converted our remaining Dining Plan snack & quick service credits into various snacks (the fresh rice krispie treats were especially good), and headed back to the airport via Disney's Magical Express.

The bus driver was somewhat off-putting. He was barking at people about not getting on without a ticket, and his perpetual unfunny narration grew tiresome. Not a big deal, but you could tell he wasn't a Disney cast member.

Phew, that was a long trip report. Thanks to everyone who took time to read it. Thanks to everyone who commented. Thanks to yoyoflamingo to featuring it in the round-up twice.

And of course, thanks to the owners of MiceChat for providing this fantastic resource in which we can share our photos, experiences, memories, rants, raves, and everything else.

The End.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

This trip report was soooo much fun to follow!!!! Great job FIVER STARS! Two Thumbs Up! The Philadelphia Tribune says "BC DisneyGeek's Trip Report will make you laugh, will make you cry, it is the must read trip report of the year" lol

•   
    • Seasick

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    This trip report was soooo much fun to follow!!!! Great job FIVER STARS! Two Thumbs Up! The Philadelphia Tribune says "BC DisneyGeek's Trip Report will make you laugh, will make you cry, it is the must read trip report of the year" lol
    Thanks for the support!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678