Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst ... 789101112132035 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: Disney World - Fantasyland Project Tracker

Quote Originally Posted by mickey11 View Post
    ^When the park opened, when there used to be water transportation that went over there. I don't remember if it was an actual dragon or just a flame thrower and a sound system.
    It was a cave with suits of armor strewn about and flames and sounds coming out of it. No actual dragon, though there was (is) a water feature shaped like one as well.

Thanks for adding the DCA Little Mermaid video to the first post, Dusty! Really gives you some excitement to how great this attraction will be!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I'm not sure I understand you, fabfive. When was the last time WDW really got some REAL LOVE? They're getting necessary attention in Fantasyland and about time. Everest was built but in a park that was never a full day to begin with. Their fire breathing dragon doesn't even spit fire anymore. They still never got their promised new land! And Hollywood Studios? They got a clone of a DCA original attraction and American Idol. That isn't love! It was cunning! SHE'S A GYPSY! GYPSIES AREN'T CAPABLE OF REAL LOVE......

O_O

My point is... WDW is finally doing right now what is absolutely NECESSARY. The bare minimum way behind schedule. The only love WDW really gets is in their stores and resorts these days. They don't even have Pleasure Island anymore.
    Hey you stole my line

• Nutty about Disney parks

Yeah I'm just gonna look at this from the positive and be glad that something is finally getting done. A resort as big as WDW shouldn't be getting one little addition every few years. If you're gonna do one little addition in one park it should be a once a year thing.

2013 is going to be a great year to go to both resorts. If I could afford it by then my plan is to buy the premier pass and experience both resorts (never been to Disneyland) plus The Lion King suites at the Animation Resort.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

I will be missing Snow White's Scary Adventures terribly, but I'm really looking forward to the exploring that comes with a new world at Disney. XX

• Dreamer

Despite all the hullabaloo about the changes, are there any pictures of the construction site showing progress around?

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Quote Originally Posted by Glindy View Post
    I will be missing Snow White's Scary Adventures terribly, but I'm really looking forward to the exploring that comes with a new world at Disney. XX
    Well said.. Hopefully some day they will replace Snow whites scary adventure witha new dark ride/attraction

• Call me "Mox"

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Lamp View Post
    Despite all the hullabaloo about the changes, are there any pictures of the construction site showing progress around?
    Quote Originally Posted by Santana View Post
    Most recent aerial view (Jan. 4), per WDWMagic.
    I was just there in January and there's a lot of work being done to TLM and BatB, until they close Toon Town Fair they won't be able to work on Dumbo.
    "All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."

Disneyland - 1995, 1988
    Walt Disney World - JAN 2011, OCT 2010, SEPT 2010, MAY 2010, MAR 2010, JULY 2009, MAY 2009, JULY 1999

Next Trips:
    WDW - Valentine's Day 2011
    Disneyland - Late May/Early June

• Minion

There's an aerial photo from Jan 24th on wdwmagic. I would link it but forum rules don't allow me to do that, so go check it out if you like.
    Down with the Hat

Here's that new aerial view from WDWMagic.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

BanksLee is reporting the first spires are going up on Prince Eric's castle for the Little Mermaid attraction.

Looks like the first spire of Eric's Castle is up at Fan... on Twitpic

Also, WDWMagic insider Lee has posted a Paint tracing of the track layout of the Mine Train coaster.

Of course, all credit goes to Lee:

Last edited by yoyoflamingo; 01-26-2011 at 05:50 PM.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

It's nice to finally see that the project is starting to go vertical...I'm getting pumped for this ride and the mine coaster, from the High Def pic and this track layout, it looks long and enjoyable, thoroughly immersive...hopefully looks aren't decieving
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

• Dreamer

Thanks for the aerial pics, I've bookmarked the site already.

I keep hearing people refer to The Little Mermaid dark ride as being comparable to Peter Pan and Winnie the Pooh, but based on the aerial pictures it looks almost as large as the Haunted Mansion? Am I just crazy or does it look to be double the size of Winnie the Pooh and Snow White across from it?

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Quote Originally Posted by SeeJackRunn View Post
    I keep hearing people refer to The Little Mermaid dark ride as being comparable to Peter Pan and Winnie the Pooh, but based on the aerial pictures it looks almost as large as the Haunted Mansion? Am I just crazy or does it look to be double the size of Winnie the Pooh and Snow White across from it?
    It will be better than both Pan and Pooh, Its considered a 100 million dollar attraction... with full Animatronics...

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    BanksLee is reporting the first spires are going up on Prince Eric's castle for the Little Mermaid attraction.

Looks like the first spire of Eric's Castle is up at Fan... on Twitpic

Also, WDWMagic insider Lee has posted a Paint tracing of the track layout of the Mine Train coaster.

Of course, all credit goes to Lee:

At the bottom of the map it shows that they are planning a fastpass for this attraction. Wow, that is a bad idea. This will not have the volume to make fastpass work. It will make the stand-by line take forever.

Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst ... 789101112132035 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 01-20-2011, 05:44 AM