Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3101112131415162338 ... LastLast

Re: Disney World - Fantasyland Project Tracker

[QUOTE=yoyoflamingo;1056435277]Oh, I know what you were referring to. There are also the "Rainbow Brite" outfits of the 80's EPCOT, or the newer Mission:Space outfits as well. So many spacesuits, but no one decided to use them I guess?

LMAO!! Thanks for takin' me back. I totally remember the Rainbow Brite'esque "space age" outfits- neon puffer vests basically. How retro. LOL!!

In all seriousness though, as much as I 'get' that this is Fantasyland, I would like to see costume technology advance even more to be as realistic as possible. Height has always been a huge question...why are the mice, ducks, etc so freaking HUGE and why even in 2011 do we sometimes still see zippers/separation of head & body?

I know that there were studies done on a interactive, speaking walkaround in Tokyo. Any further information on that? And what would the script be and how restricted would it be?

• film975

Here's a question I got for everyone here. Now that they are putting in the Little Mermaid ride, the Beast's Castle, and Belle's Village in Fantasyland... will they get rid of the Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast shows at the Hollywood Studios? If they are, I wonder what they will be replaced with.

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by film975 View Post
    Here's a question I got for everyone here. Now that they are putting in the Little Mermaid ride, the Beast's Castle, and Belle's Village in Fantasyland... will they get rid of the Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast shows at the Hollywood Studios? If they are, I wonder what they will be replaced with.
    This was brought up in a thread months ago and the answer was very unlikely considering that the attractions are located in a separate park and DHS needs those shows to absorb traffic.

Besides there's a Nemo ride in Epcot with a Nemo show running at DAK.

• film975

The Mermaid and Beast shows in the Hollywood Studios are really subpar compared to the Finding Nemo Musical at AK. And the Fantasyland Expansion will make these shows even more subpar. It maybe time to replace them with something new and/or better. New attractions would be my vote for something new there. But who knows? Maybe we will hear something about that at the D23 Expo.

They should take out Beauty and the Beast and bring back Hunchback of Notre Dame. I miss that show so much! And BatB has enough representation in the parks, especially now that Belle will have her own world, plus there's the Broadway musical. I say Hunchback, followed by Pocahontas (although she does regular meet and greets in AK, you never see characters from Hunchback).

I meant in the Studios, sorry! Should have specified that!

• film975

How about a Tangled show?

I think they need to give Mulan some exposure, i vote for a Mulan show and i would not mind if they cloned it in DCA to replace Alladin

hehehe sorry, but I just chuckled at "I think they need to give Mulan some exposure".

Many men may very well agree!

• film975

They used to have a Mulan parade at Disney World. And Mulan was made at the Disney Animation Studio that used to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by film975 View Post
    How about a Tangled show?
    Rapunzel, since she's a princess, will be in the PFF. I wouldn't object to a Mulan show though since you only see her every once in awhile in Epcot and she's not a princess.

• Metro-Retro Historian

So instead of visiting Mickey and his pals in their country homes, they now visit us as traveling circus performers? The more I learn about this circus land, the more it seams like Mickey's Birthdayland v1.4, and the less I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEO,ATIS View Post
    I guess this proves the line that Florida needs meet and greets because the heat is so awful that characters NEED to be in an air conditioned building and can't just walk around the park is a bit of a myth.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

[QUOTE=ryran75;1056439478]
    Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    I know that there were studies done on a interactive, speaking walkaround in Tokyo. Any further information on that? And what would the script be and how restricted would it be?
    That was actually done at Disneyland in Anaheim, not in Tokyo. If you search the Disneyland forum, there's a thread that has a YouTube video of one the test meet & greets. Was pretty impressive.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    So instead of visiting Mickey and his pals in their country homes, they now visit us as traveling circus performers? The more I learn about this circus land, the more it seams like Mickey's Birthdayland v1.4, and the less I like it.

I guess this proves the line that Florida needs meet and greets because the heat is so awful that characters NEED to be in an air conditioned building and can't just walk around the park is a bit of a myth.

No that doesn't prove that wrong. Characters are outside all the time, but the problem with it is, as the temperature rises, their sets get shorter and shorter, to where they can only be on stage for 15 intervals, where as in an air conditioned building they can be on stage for over 45 mins.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post

Last time I checked it's still winter and it's been rather chilly in Florida recently. When it's hot out they only stay out for short periods of time.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

LinkBacks (?)

1. 01-20-2011, 05:44 AM