Page 14 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4111213141516172439 ... LastLast

Re: Disney World - Fantasyland Project Tracker

Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post
    Last time I checked it's still winter and it's been rather chilly in Florida recently. When it's hot out they only stay out for short periods of time.
    If it is hotter out, I have often seen the characters set up near buildings or cast only exits and after fifteen minutes or so the characters have to go backstage for a second to go do something. When I met Chip and Dale a year or so ago, every ten to fifteen minutes they had to step inside the building to "pick up a snack".

yesterday (Friday)...the Meet N Greets were very FEW and far between.

The only ones I noticed in Fantasyland were Mary Poppins sort of 'hidden' in a corner next to Philharmagic (no waits at all) and Pooh n' Tigger across from the Pooh ride. That was IT!!!

We were in shock. Other encounters were Ariel & Eric in Adventureland veranda (1 hour wait at 10:30am), Woody & Jessie at base of Splash Mountain (40 min. wait), Buzz at Space Ranger Spin (no wait), Daisy & Pluto at Roy Disney bench sculpture (20 min. wait).

Supposed to be "Princess & The Frog" encounters at Liberty Square footbridge all day...but we didn't see them at ALL.

Just to let you know that Woody and jessie and splash mountain isnt bad because spalsh mountain is kinda a wesern area ryan.
    Maybe alot of people were ill which couldnt let them do them all
    Here come's the bride.
    As long as we live.
    Till death do us part.
    You may kiss the bride.

I never said that the location was 'bad'. I was simply stating approximate wait times and locations.

A possible reasoning of minimal character encounters (according to a close friend CM's personal thoughts) was the exceedingly high volume capacity in MK yesterday.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post
    Last time I checked it's still winter and it's been rather chilly in Florida recently. When it's hot out they only stay out for short periods of time.
    Last time I checked (and I live in central Florida), it's been getting close to 80 (or a little more) almost every day in Florida the last couple weeks. The warm weather is here to stay until next winter.

Quote Originally Posted by ryran75 View Post
    yesterday (Friday)...the Meet N Greets were very FEW and far between.

The only ones I noticed in Fantasyland were Mary Poppins sort of 'hidden' in a corner next to Philharmagic (no waits at all) and Pooh n' Tigger across from the Pooh ride. That was IT!!!

We were in shock. Other encounters were Ariel & Eric in Adventureland veranda (1 hour wait at 10:30am), Woody & Jessie at base of Splash Mountain (40 min. wait), Buzz at Space Ranger Spin (no wait), Daisy & Pluto at Roy Disney bench sculpture (20 min. wait).

Supposed to be "Princess & The Frog" encounters at Liberty Square footbridge all day...but we didn't see them at ALL.
    Well the characters come out everyday it could just be you walked by areas on their breaks. Throughout the morning and early afternoon Fairy Godmother, Lady Tremaine, Drizella, Anastasia, Peter Pan, Mary Poppins, Pinochio, Alice, White Rabbit, Rapunzel and Flynn Ryder all appear throughout Fantasyland. Then Buzz, Stitch, Chip and Dale all appear in Tomorrowland. Goofy is by the Pirates League, Donald in Frontierland, Pluto, Daisy, and Snow White in Town Square, I could keep going. I really think it's just a matter of if you go by their locations while they are out or not because they all come out everyday at specific locations and times like clockwork. Also the amount of guests in the park don't determine if meet and greets happen. If it's crowded they're actually more likely to happen because it's another thing for people to do in the parks.

• Dreamer

There was a time when you met characters in the park by chance. The whole meet 'n greet business takes the magic out of these encounters. I find it more exciting if they would appear in random areas in the parks so you'd have the chance to run into them more than once without going to the same places every time.

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

Any new updates??? Just wondering last I was there they were building the show building for the BatB restaurant and for TLM but other than that and the new walls going up...I couldn't really see a whole lot....

I can't wait for my camera so I can FINALLY upload my pictures...
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

Does anyone know if the Tinkerbell Shop in Fantasyland is going to remain after expansion is complete? We love to catch a glimpse of Tink in the keyhole there!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMamma View Post
    Does anyone know if the Tinkerbell Shop in Fantasyland is going to remain after expansion is complete? We love to catch a glimpse of Tink in the keyhole there!
    There has been no mention of anything happening to the shop, so I'm assuming it will stay.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Some news from the Disneyland Paris Forum: A recent refurbishment presentation indicated the organ in the Main Street store Disney & Co. will move to the new Storybook Circus area.

Here's the organ in question:

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Future Disney Imagineer

If the HitchHiking Ghosts re-do is part of this thread, then I'd like to say that I've read some really interesting news on discussion kingdom about how the new effects will be. Can I post a link from another discussion board?

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^I dont thin so but you can "quote" it if you want....I would love to hear what they think is going to happen to the ride

• Future Disney Imagineer

Ok a whole article is found on insidethemagic.com, but here are the basic points, since I don't know whether or not I'm aloud to "Copy and paste":

-There are going to be a mix of new effects in each ride every time you go on, instead of the ghoul just smiling at you.

-They're not AAs

-They use a technology similar to Xbox kinect to outline your body with sensors and recognized roughly where your head is, so a ghost can rip off your head and replace it with its own, or even let you try on their new hats.

Quote Originally Posted by Incrediboy View Post
    -They use a technology similar to Xbox kinect to outline your body with sensors and recognized roughly where your head is, so a ghost can rip off your head and replace it with its own, or even let you try on their new hats.
    That sounds so cool! I can't wait until I get to experience this!

LinkBacks (?)

1. 01-20-2011, 05:44 AM