Page 18 of 42 FirstFirst ... 81516171819202128 ... LastLast

Re: Disney World - Fantasyland Project Tracker

Guys on the WDW magic fourm there has been talk that TLM ride could be completed christmas 2011
    Why?
    A guy said that the track is already layed down and that they have the props and scene stuff ready since they made 2 of each when they started DCA plus they are being held near by
    Here come's the bride.
    As long as we live.
    Till death do us part.
    You may kiss the bride.

• Bri and Nae'

This looks amazing. We will be there in early February 2012. Hopefully some of it will be open!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomBoy View Post
    Guys on the WDW magic fourm there has been talk that TLM ride could be completed christmas 2011
    Why?
    A guy said that the track is already layed down and that they have the props and scene stuff ready since they made 2 of each when they started DCA plus they are being held near by
    I can't really believe that. Just does not seem feasible to me. I think it took nearly a year at DCA's version from the track going down to the show sets and AA's being installed, programmed, tweaked & all that to where they are now, just a few weeks from the grand opening.

Don't forget the whole exterior facade of Prince Eric's castle needs to be done and the rockwork and water features that are in the concept art for WDW's version.

They're at least a year off from opening, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I can't really believe that. Just does not seem feasible to me. I think it took nearly a year at DCA's version from the track going down to the show sets and AA's being installed, programmed, tweaked & all that to where they are now, just a few weeks from the grand opening.

Don't forget the whole exterior facade of Prince Eric's castle needs to be done and the rockwork and water features that are in the concept art for WDW's version.

They're at least a year off from opening, I think.
    You dont know what could happen
    They could work around the clock.
    Here come's the bride.
    As long as we live.
    Till death do us part.
    You may kiss the bride.

Does anybody know when they are shutting down SWSA for good?
    "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

You dont know what could happen
    They could work around the clock.
    Part of HKDL's expansion is done nearly a year ahead of scedual. So who knows. It does sound unlikely, but I go to Disney with band April 2012 so I hoping this is the truth as well.

•   
    • Main Street VIPs

Quote Originally Posted by 22036Disneyfan View Post
    It does sound unlikely, but I go to Disney with band April 2012 so I hoping this is the truth as well.
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
    Rick

• Forgotten Spirit

"Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid" started laying the omnimover track not too long ago. It was on the Disney blog. I don't understand why the name is so convoluted..thats what the blog poster titled the ride @_@

• Disney aficionado

Can this expansion compete with Universal's Harry Potter World? I'm sure many of you have talked about that already, but just throwing that at you again now that we now have a good idea of all the details of it.

• Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by Yackerz View Post
    Can this expansion compete with Universal's Harry Potter World? I'm sure many of you have talked about that already, but just throwing that at you again now that we now have a good idea of all the details of it.
    There is no need for Disney World to compete with Universal Studios Orlando. Many theme park enthusiasts wil go to either park since both have something unique to offer.

It's also a question what you like more, Harry Potter or Disney animated classics. Personally, I'd get more excited to have a dinner and a show at the Beast's castle than going on a magical trip in Hogwarts castle.

^.^
    I would say that disney offers a unique experience than universal such as that Universal takes you into real life movies (movies with real people)
    but Disney takes you inside the animation to the fantasy realm which i find very great! There is no need for competing because each park must have something unique or otherwise the park will have nothing special.
    This expansion will increase WDW capacity and take you into fantasyland forest which is a good theme since forests in Disney movies are shown alot e.g. Snow White , Beauty and the Beast, Princess and the frog.
    I think disney has something about Forests :P
    Am i the only one who thinks the fantasyland forest will be like back garden?
    Here come's the bride.
    As long as we live.
    Till death do us part.
    You may kiss the bride.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by MrHatboxGhost View Post
    "Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid" started laying the omnimover track not too long ago. It was on the Disney blog. I don't understand why the name is so convoluted..thats what the blog poster titled the ride @_@
    Have you not seen the title of DCA's? "The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel's Undersea Adventure".

I think it's fine- and it describes perfectly what happens in the ride. It's not like they decided to go with something completely unimaginative like "Mermaid Ride" (Cars Land I'm looking at you).

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

because each park must have something unique or otherwise the park will have nothing special.
    Is that not what competition is? Trying to lure in guests with different attractions, competing for their attention and dollars?

in my eye its not because i see it as if its unique in one way or have its own uniqueness i say its a great park but if a park copies its bad
    Here come's the bride.
    As long as we live.
    Till death do us part.
    You may kiss the bride.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

I'm not saying they should copy each other, but vie for your attention by trying to have the best collection of attractions and shows, thus making it a harder decision for you to pick which park/resort you want to go to. THAT is competition, IMO.

Page 18 of 42 FirstFirst ... 81516171819202128 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 01-20-2011, 05:44 AM