Page 19 of 42 FirstFirst ... 91617181920212229 ... LastLast

• Disney aficionado

Re: Disney World - Fantasyland Project Tracker

I think that is what they are doing more or less. Competing by making different unique attractions that would appeal to different people at different times. Through competition comes better quality. Without competition we go the way of the Communists. It's how the free market system works.

• Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by Yackerz View Post
    I think that is what they are doing more or less. Competing by making different unique attractions that would appeal to different people at different times. Through competition comes better quality. Without competition we go the way of the Communists. It's how the free market system works.
    I'm all for that but some people take the competition a bit too far. One isn't better than the other, they can both go all out with their attractions, but they are both great in their own way.

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by Yackerz View Post
    Can this expansion compete with Universal's Harry Potter World? I'm sure many of you have talked about that already, but just throwing that at you again now that we now have a good idea of all the details of it.
    Ehh...even if it was intended to I don't think it will be successful. Disney already markets the hell outta their princesses. Any merchandise they sell of Ariel, Belle, and Snow White would probably be no different then what they already sell in a typical Disney Store. The restaurant should be a profitable hit though.

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by johncenas View Post
    Disney world is one of the nice place to enjoy for the kids.There are different disney world in the different cities.
    1)The Walt Disney world
    2)Disney world Hong Kong
    3)Shanghai Disney land
    4)Tokyo Disney
    5)Paris Disney world
    There's only one Disney World. The rest are known as Disneyland.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post
    There's only one Disney World. The rest are known as Disneyland.
    Schematics, I think what he was trying to say was that WDW and the DLs as a whole are much better for the whole family especially younger families to enjoy together than the Uni theme parks...

which I agree with, walking through the IOA/USO parks and looking at the height requirements as well as the warnings you get the feeling that these aren't the places to bring the little ones...better for pre-teens and up maybe but not for younger families..

All of the Parks are great but they each have their particular bread and butter
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

• Mostly Harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by ORD84 View Post
    Schematics, I think what he was trying to say was that WDW and the DLs as a whole are much better for the whole family especially younger families to enjoy together than the Uni theme parks...
    Not to be a jerk but I think you mean semantics. Schematics are technical drawings...
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Anyone know if WDW's Little Mermaid ride will be a complete clone of DCA's on the inside? I really hope it's not. I found the DCA ride to be unsatisfying because it only focuses on the musical aspects of the film and less on the story. Thus "Poor Unfortunate Souls" jumps to "Kiss the Girl" jumps to... ending. I think Walt Disney World having the space should really make this a fleshed out attraction inside the proper building. It'd be so much better.

I care not that DCA's is the original. I care about Disney learning from each step and making things better and better.. especially when it comes to cloned attractions.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Anyone know if WDW's Little Mermaid ride will be a complete clone of DCA's on the inside?
    From what I understood, it will be a clone inside. They built everything twice - from the track and vehicles to all the animatronics and settings - which saves time and money considering they have other unique attractions being built in New Fantasyland.

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Lamp View Post
    From what I understood, it will be a clone inside. They built everything twice - from the track and vehicles to all the animatronics and settings - which saves time and money considering they have other unique attractions being built in New Fantasyland.

Oh poo. It would have been amazing to flesh out the ride with more story elements. I love the music in The Little Mermaid but the most memorable moments to me were more story and character driven.

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Oh poo. It would have been amazing to flesh out the ride with more story elements. I love the music in The Little Mermaid but the most memorable moments to me were more story and character driven.
    Re-Imagineering: The Myth of Story

• Nutty about Disney parks

I don't mind the TLM ride as is but I would like to see a few alternate touchups. Maybe have Atlantica in the background of one of underwater scenes and have different characters appear at the end of the ride. It's a cop-out to have those "Under the Sea" backup animatronics in the ending sequence

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by Coastierox View Post
    Not to be a jerk but I think you mean semantics. Schematics are technical drawings...
    Yes thank you, I blame the drugs...seriously I'm off of work sitting at home on drugs that the clinic gave me for my collapsed knee...

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Lamp View Post
    Yes, but with the added space that they will have in the MK FLE as compared with the west coast version, you'd think that they could have easily added more elements or made the experience more unique...to quote someone from the past to "Plus it." the fact that they don't appear to have done so with the ride inside and just the exterior feels like almost like a cheap cop out IMO
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Saw this on Twitter and thought I'd share:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/par...ons/expansion/

Interesting to note:

Casey Junior Roundhouse water play area
    Scuttle's Scavenger Hunt
    Barnstormer hosted by the Great Goofini.

Nothing really we didn't know, but a few more names added. Of course, I'm sure these are 100% yet either, but we'll see.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

the website is not working

Disney Love from HOUSTON TEXAS!!
    GO TEXANS!!

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    I don't quite believe that applies to my words. That article is a very accurate description of the likes of Pirates of the Caribbean and Haunted Mansion, or even Jungle Cruise. The experience is the most important thing. My first 100 trips on either Pirates or Haunted Mansion I couldn't name you any of the pirates or ghosts in those attractions... and it wouldn't matter.

With the Little Mermaid it is a ride based on an actual film where the story has withstood the test of time and for that reason we now have a ride based on it.

In my defense, the attraction does open and close with Scuttle telling us about these adventures we're going to partake in. That story element in itself is what gives me certain expectations (as well as having experiences in other fantasyland rides that have come before).

Page 19 of 42 FirstFirst ... 91617181920212229 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 01-20-2011, 05:44 AM