Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123451227 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Re: Disney World - Fantasyland Project Tracker

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    From what many people have been saying, this was never meant to counteract Potter, but was requested by the higher ups to increase capacity.
    correct, this has been what has been going on since before they filled in the lagoon.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

From what many people have been saying, this was never meant to counteract Potter, but was requested by the higher ups to increase capacity.
    somethings got to counteract potter, maybe disney hollywood studios will do something.. I like what they are doing at WDW but i dont know if its enough... It is encouraging with what happened at Pooh that theming should be done really nicely

• Honorary Jungle Skipper

An awful lot of that Circus area, particularly the part that was almost Pixie Hollow, looks really empty.

I won't miss Pixie Hollow, but I hope that they get around to some more exciting use of that land some day.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lighttragic View Post
    somethings got to counteract potter, maybe disney hollywood studios will do something.. I like what they are doing at WDW but i dont know if its enough... It is encouraging with what happened at Pooh that theming should be done really nicely
    There are rumblings we may have a few more surprised in store tonight, but it seems this might be all we hear...for now.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Re: new concept art for the new Fantasyland expansion

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    Wait -- they're going to have a bridge over a little stream without rails sticking up 5 feet to keep people from falling in?

• Banned User

I'm very thrilled Disney scrapped the two glorified meet-and-greets for a cool Snow White coaster. I don't think this can counter-act Potter, but at least it looks descent.

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

thanks, i do hope at some point disney does something major and wow to counteract potter, and i still think the right spot is disney hollywood studios... if it is with the star wars property, indiana jones, something new like lord of the rings something that has a huge fan base.
    With fantasyland its great they got rid of two meet and greets for another attraction but does this really solve the boy girl dilemna... i will remain optimistic since so much of what we have seen so far has been positive
    Last edited by lighttragic; 01-18-2011 at 02:11 PM.

It's a shame that we're getting essentially a Princess Fantasy Faire here too. DL has one and everyone who has seen it has hated it because the princesses are virtually stuck there all day and don't get to interact with the guests as much as they normally would walking about. That being said, I love the new Belle, Ariel, and Snow White areas and the Pooh ride looks amazing!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid112 View Post
    I'm very thrilled Disney scrapped the two glorified meet-and-greets for a cool Snow White coaster. I don't think this can counter-act Potter, but at least it looks descent.
    That IS the most promising turn of events for me. Snow White Mine is a nice tribute to the original ride origins I think too. I think they should actually upgrade the Snow White attraction into this and turn Snow White's Scary Adventures into something else.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Removing the three planned exclusive meet and greets in favor of a ride: Good. It looks like it will be pretty, and the Mine Coaster has promise...hope it is fun and well themed, as it should be. Overall a good announcement.

Still...and this is strictly personal...I like dark rides. I like the classic, monsters popping out at you spookhouse type even better. Old school, and a reminder of the old amusement parks. I count losing Snow White with the spooky forest, evil Queen, castle, and the rest as a loss personally. I liked it.

This isn't saying, oh no, Disney is horrible and the new additions suck because of it...I just liked that ride and will miss it, and what it represented. Taking out something even moderately scary...that's a loss for me. Oh well. The newly announced additions look neat and look forward to seeing them as implemented, and cutting way back on the princesses is definitely a positive. Just wish didn't have to lose a ride for more meet and greets.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

This so SO much better than the first version. And if the Pooh remodeling job tells us anything, it's that this expansion is going to look great. I'm not a big fan of the Circus, and I wonder about the number of people that will run screaming from the clowns, but hey. It might actually be cool. If they're smart, they'll let the games you play while you wait for dumbo be free. I'm not going to dish out extra cash just to play some carnival games. The Snow white coaster looks great. It takes everything that's good about Scary Adventure and makes it accessible to an older crowd. It may show scenes from the film, but at the same time, it's a coaster. How great is that!? I'm not to thrilled by the placement of the meet and greets though. They need that building for an extra ride. I'm not a rocket scientist, but I do know that moving a meet and greet into a former ride building is not a smart move. Oh well. It still may be mostly princess oriented, but at least we get an extra ride. And it's a coaster! I wouldn't be to excited if this was just some six flags type coaster, but I love Disney coasters. Hopefully it's just as good as Thunder and Space Mountain.

So... I've looked around and I can't find anything. When is the press meeting tonight?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    That IS the most promising turn of events for me. Snow White Mine is a nice tribute to the original ride origins I think too. I think they should actually upgrade the Snow White attraction into this and turn Snow White's Scary Adventures into something else.

I can't read obviously. So Snow White Scary Adventures becomes a Meet & Greet. I think it's a fair trade.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Theming Fan

Someplace much to far from anything Disney.

Wow.

Every single issue I had with the expansion has been cleared up- right down to actually theming the Train Station!

Excellent work, Disney. Don't screw this up.
    Please keep your hands, arms, feet, and legs inside the forum at all times.
    Check out my bandcamp!
    http://chaseharrison1.bandcamp.com/

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

With THESE new additions I think I'm going to have to add another trip for next year(if the world hasn't crumbled apart by then) to WDW just to see most of the new additions!!! The mine coaster sounds like a blast, and being that Dumbo is one of my aunts favorites I know she'll be excited by basically a dumbo mini-land...

It really looks like they tossed in alittle bit of everything for the whole family here!
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

Made my day! So glad we're getting the mine coaster! The concept art looks amazing. The cencept art reminds me of disneyland's storybook land somehow... It's just so classic disney feeling, a complete throwback from most of what we've been seeing at WDW lately. I just hope the coaster is a good coaster... easy enough everyone can enjoy it, but not too easy that the coaster part isn't fun for older kids/adults. The plans look great, and I REALLY hope they're successful, and show disney that if they put in the work to make something great, they get a great return.

Here's to hoping this goes amazingly as its supposed to, and to many more rides and expansions to come!

Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123451227 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 01-20-2011, 05:44 AM