Page 24 of 42 FirstFirst ... 142122232425262734 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: Disney World - Fantasyland Project Tracker

ORDDU: We do but we aren't allowed to use our magic in this particular dimension. Disney made us sign a contract to that affect.

ORWEN: But if you were ever to visit us in Morva--

ORGOCH: --you'd see the kind a magic Aint Clara used ta make on Bewitched!! Least ways, that's how messed up sister Orwen's magic spells git!

(Sounds of smashing and crashing followed by a low moan...)

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Here is a nice montage of a recent arial shot with the concept art together

Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Dreamer

^^ Awesome! Did you do that?

You should hold on to that and do a comparison after it's finished. Why? No reason, just for fun.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Sadly I didn't make it... but we will hold on to it. It is in my photobucket.

• Banned User

Here's an idea for WDW. In Liberty Square they should add America Sings from DL. That's all I have to say.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Eagle View Post
    Here's an idea for WDW. In Liberty Square they should add America Sings from DL. That's all I have to say.
    America Sings where Hall of Presidents currently resides would be just grrreat. The HoP is such a huge building.

While I enjoy HoP I think it's time has come... The American Adventure at Epcot fulfills the niche that HoP once occupied.

• Minion

ORGOCH: So, King Eric, up there, I gotta question fer ya. Is you the daddy of Prince Eric? If'n so, is ya gittin' excited over the fact yer gittin' a new home built fer yerself an' yer son? An' if'n that's the case, how's it feel ta be gittin' a castle when poor ol' Thickey and Thinnie Mouse just got their houses taken away?

I forgot to post about it but I was at WDW from the 9th-23rd. As of 7/11, the Skyway building was completely gone. The fountain area was still there but no water was in it. When I went back to the Magic Kingdom on 7/20, there was still no water in the fountain area but I noticed there were new walls up around the entrance to Pinocchio's Village Haus, so there was a tiny area where you could exit from the right-hand dining area, squeeze through the path between the Fantasyland expansion construction walls on your left and the new ones on your right to get back out near Dumbo.

The characters from the films have been added to the murals on the construction walls too. Idk if that's been mentioned before or not.

EDIT- Raven on WDWmagic has now stated that there is absolutely no truth to these rumors. Full steam ahead apparently, checked just this morning.

Take this with a grain of salt, but there have been rumors stirring up over at sites like WDWmagic and Discussion Kingdom (among others) that the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train may actually be canned. Something about the tilting technology that would cause the coaster cars to tilt along the track, WDI might be experiencing some serious design issues with getting it to work properly.

Not my words or reports, only echoing what others have said. Lee over there had previously said it wasn't an issue but seems to be backtracking on his original stance (giving this potential cancellation a slight disturbing chance). It's a shame they can't just scrap the tilting tech if it's so much trouble, and just build it like a traditional coaster. I'd much rather see that than have the entire ride scrapped just because the cars can't tilt.

Anyone else heard anything about this? I very much hope this is just an unfounded rumor. At least the entire canning of the project part. I can live with not having the tilting stuff if the ride still is built. Canning the entire thing would be a waste though. If they did it, i wonder what would become of the current Snow White ride as well (will they still tear it down even if they can the new one)...
    Last edited by MerlinTheGoat; 08-05-2011 at 01:06 PM.

Ever since the beginning, there have been problems with what to do with that middle area. Meet and Greets? Snow White Coaster? No Snow White Coaster? I think what it will end up happening to the area...The Snow White Coaster is will be built, but they may scrap the entire tilting carts idea, and replace it with just average coaster carts. Then the meet and greet will still replace SWSA for a few years until a new dark ride is put in place. I just can't see them changing their Fantasyland expansion plans AGAIN.

They could always scrap the coaster and bring back the toad

Quote Originally Posted by mr. taag View Post
    They could always scrap the coaster and bring back the toad
    That will never happen. Disney isn't keen on bringing back rides they took out and besides, Toad is too small to fit into that amount of space. or at least I think it is.

• Minion

ORDDU: A witch would think a rollercoaster would actually take up more space than a dark ride. Mr. Toad would fit in just fine in that middle section. But it most likely won't happen. The thing is, why did Disney announce a new attraction before doing some testing, first, to make sure it would even work? Getting the cart before the horse again, are they?

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    The thing is, why did Disney announce a new attraction before doing some testing, first, to make sure it would even work? Getting the cart before the horse again, are they?
    Sounds like a perfect example of 'they just can't win'. They give fans what they want... the inside angle of things to come.. and when they do.. they get beat up for it?

Change and adapting is just reality when it comes to development.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: A witch would think a rollercoaster would actually take up more space than a dark ride. Mr. Toad would fit in just fine in that middle section. But it most likely won't happen. The thing is, why did Disney announce a new attraction before doing some testing, first, to make sure it would even work? Getting the cart before the horse again, are they?
    I did notice how quickly they went to work on that area of the Fantasyland Expansion shortly after the Mine Coaster was announced. I also found it rather unusual that the initial design/approach to the ride (or what was originally rumored) seemed to contradict what little artwork we've seen of the Mine Coaster. All of this pretty much were warning signs in my head but I didn't want to be too negative about the whole ordeal.

So the question now remains: in the event that the coaster DOES get cancelled, what will become of that area and what will happen to the SWSA? Well one thing I don't want to happen is for Snow White to lose a ride in any form in MK completely. If the coaster does get canned then it makes sense to save SWSA while we still have it. Move the Princess Meet n Greets to those big tents in Circusland and consider something else to put in the Mine Coaster area instead. That would my back-up plan anyway. Hopefully they'll get their stuff together by D23 because that would suck if they had to announce the ride's cancellation at that event.

Page 24 of 42 FirstFirst ... 142122232425262734 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 01-20-2011, 05:44 AM