Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234561328 ... LastLast

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Re: Disney World - Fantasyland Project Tracker

Very nice. Though I'm still dissapointed they are going ahead with plans to turn one of the classic rides into a meet n greet.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEO,ATIS View Post
    Very nice. Though I'm still dissapointed they are going ahead with plans to turn one of the classic rides into a meet n greet.
    Agreed.

Re: new concept art for the new Fantasyland expansion

This photo is dated already. In the center, the trees are all gone and new exterior shells of buildings are already up and in place. Pixi Hollow is gone, and toon town is closed down. It's A Small World is already tied in with the castle and Pooh is looking great. I believe Magic Kingdom Dr. will be rerouted as well.

• Metro-Retro Historian

This updated version looks good enough, but I have two questions. When with the Princess Fantasy Faire meet and greet be replaced with an attraction of actual substance, and how long will that take?
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Much better than the first version. I'll wait until everything is done in a few years, then visit MK again.

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by harpist1991 View Post
    It's a shame that we're getting essentially a Princess Fantasy Faire here too. DL has one and everyone who has seen it has hated it because the princesses are virtually stuck there all day and don't get to interact with the guests as much as they normally would walking about. That being said, I love the new Belle, Ariel, and Snow White areas and the Pooh ride looks amazing!
    I'm just glad that the suits have finally woken up to the reality of the situation. 5 girl themed meet and greets is NOT a real park expansion of any kind. I'm glad out of those that the Cinderella meet and greet was dropped because to have the chateau behind the castle like that would've been too awkward and too redundant.

And I'm willing to accept that Princess Meet and Greets are a big market but to waste so much land on that would've been disastrous. I could see them transforming the rooms inside of SWSA to be colorfully themed to each Princess who will participate in that Meet and Greet.

And worse they were excluding so many major demographics. The Snow White roller coaster will finally change all of that! Now the adults and thrill seekers have something in this expansion to look forward too!
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• Not here to help

Now this is an expansion worth waiting for! Looks great!
    What irritates me is that Im going to WDW in 2011 and not 2012... oh well. Someday in the future...
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    This updated version looks good enough, but I have two questions. When with the Princess Fantasy Faire meet and greet be replaced with an attraction of actual substance, and how long will that take?
    Probably never. I'm sure they were told that they could only add NET 1 new ride, which is why the original Snow White had to go. To the public, it'll appear as two new rides but it's really only one more attraction.
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    And I'm willing to accept that Princess Meet and Greets are a big market but to waste so much land on that would've been disastrous. I could see them transforming the rooms inside of SWSA to be colorfully themed to each Princess who will participate in that Meet and Greet.
    That would have been an excellent idea, so long as they stuck to those characters that were actually princesses (i.e. not including Mulan or Pocahontas). Plus, it would've been easily changeable into something more practical and entertaining in a year or so!

Just thought about the fact there will be two mine-themed coasters now... Might be confusing for some guests?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by harpist1991 View Post
    That would have been an excellent idea, so long as they stuck to those characters that were actually princesses (i.e. not including Mulan or Pocahontas). Plus, it would've been easily changeable into something more practical and entertaining in a year or so!
    Which hopefully will happen. I know it was an option on the table from what I've read...
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Well, 1 mine train is just a thrill ride, while the other is half thrill ride, half dark ride. At least that's what I think. It's going to be like an intense dark ride basically.

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Ummmmm no has clarified that it will be along line the line of barnstormer coaster with show scenes and enhanced technologies , and it will be longer than a minute... unlike barnstormers duration which is around 58 seconds.

To me thing that I can think of that woudl be the closest minus the track swinging technology would be the dragon at legoland in california

That's not what I meant. I KNOW that it's going to be more than the Barnstormer. As for the new technology and scenes, I'm not sure. I haven't actually seen or heard an official statment by Disney to what it is. I'm just guessing. But yeah. I do know, or at least I think I know, that it's going to be more along the lines of Thunder Mountain. A big coaster type ride. Maybe like Matterhorn in California? I don't know.

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch626626 View Post
    That's not what I meant. I KNOW that it's going to be more than the Barnstormer. As for the new technology and scenes, I'm not sure. I haven't actually seen or heard an official statment by Disney to what it is. I'm just guessing. But yeah. I do know, or at least I think I know, that it's going to be more along the lines of Thunder Mountain. A big coaster type ride. Maybe like Matterhorn in California? I don't know.
    one of the resident insiders Ummmno has suggested what I posted... of course nothing is final untill we see it

Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234561328 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 01-20-2011, 05:44 AM