Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 6212829303132333441 ... LastLast

• Sawasdee! สวัสดี! :)

Re: Fantasyland Project Tracker

The first phase of the Fantasyland Expansion will opens on in Summer, which includes Ariel's Undersea Adventure, Be Our guest restaurant and more!

Zooming into 2012 Disney D23

Sorry for grammar mistakes! I'm not really good in English!

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by switttdrfan View Post
    The first phase of the Fantasyland Expansion will opens on in Summer, which includes Ariel's Undersea Adventure, Be Our guest restaurant and more!

Zooming into 2012 Disney D23

This article doesn't specifically say what will open as part of Phase 1 but rather advertises what is part of the expansion (note that Storybook Circus is never mentioned despite being ahead of schedule). Still I'm very impressed that the FL expansion is proceeding at a faster pace than the projects at DCA.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    This article doesn't specifically say what will open as part of Phase 1 but rather advertises what is part of the expansion (note that Storybook Circus is never mentioned despite being ahead of schedule). Still I'm very impressed that the FL expansion is proceeding at a faster pace than the projects at DCA.
    Two reasons for that: The Fantasyland project is smaller un scope than the DCA projects, and they have no qualms about doing loud, heavy work during the day.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

it would be odd if they opened the little mermaid attraction this summer especially since it sits right in the back of all the construction. That would require lots of construction walls to line up both side of a walkway leading up to the attraction since the surrounding area still has lots of work to do.

Would they be able to control summer crowds funneling through an area like that?

---------- Post added 12-30-2011 at 10:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post

We have to take a couple things into consideration. all the animatronics and props for the WDW mermaid attraction were made and tested at the same time they did the ones for DCA. All they had to do was install them and run them through the final test and adjust, WDI also went through several phases of testing the figures within a showroom environment when the DCA one was built so it is a matter of using what they learned in the WDW and just doing minor tweeks.

Another thing is DCA has remained opened during construction with much of the construction zones surrounding guest walkways which required tremendous amounts of walls that had to be constantly shifted and also created barriers and limitations for construction workers. At WDW all they did was wall of a section of mostly unused property.

we also have to remember that at WDW they are pretty much working on an open canvas only the circus area had buildings that are being reused at DCA they had to do demolition before they could even begin building

• Bangarang!

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    it would be odd if they opened the little mermaid attraction this summer especially since it sits right in the back of all the construction. That would require lots of construction walls to line up both side of a walkway leading up to the attraction since the surrounding area still has lots of work to do.

Would they be able to control summer crowds funneling through an area like that?
    Part of me thinks that they don't bother with concerns like that these days. Sure it looks untidy, but its a case of "deal with it".

And, as its (arguably) the big marquee attraction for the land, I guess they want to open it as soon as possible. Plus it creates a drip feed situation. You're forcing people to walk by "coming soon" and theoretically enticing them back.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Hathaway Browne View Post
    Part of me thinks that they don't bother with concerns like that these days. Sure it looks untidy, but its a case of "deal with it".

And, as its (arguably) the big marquee attraction for the land, I guess they want to open it as soon as possible. Plus it creates a drip feed situation. You're forcing people to walk by "coming soon" and theoretically enticing them back.
    looks like its working for DCA... its pretty much free advertising... you have people who are gonna be there anyway... why not make them part of the updates. do they have some kind of preview center in WDW? like in Epcot or DHS?

• Bangarang!

^Nope 'cause Preview centres cost money. Shame really as they could have done a nice little Fantasyland style Blue Sky Cellar Chalet.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Insomniac

^^I think although money is always an issue, in terms of the blue sky cellar type of attraction in WDW it makes a lot less sense. In DCA, with there being so many AP's, the Blue Sky Cellar draws enough visitors that it makes it worth the cost. In WDW, however, the smaller number of AP's means less interested guests and makes it not worth the money. But knowing TDO's reluctance to spend any money I still doubt they would put it in.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• film975

They at least had the Fantasyland model on display at the D23 Expo last year. That was very impressive. It would be nice if they displayed it at the One Man's Dream exhibit over at the Studios park. I have video of it below that starts at 3:22.

So how intense is the mine coaster supposed to be? Is it going to be on par with a Big Thunder Mountain/Space Mountain, or more of a Barnstormer?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin6592 View Post
    So how intense is the mine coaster supposed to be? Is it going to be on par with a Big Thunder Mountain/Space Mountain, or more of a Barnstormer?
    It is going to be slower than barnstormer but should feel more thrilling with the few tunnels.

I saw the model a number of years ago, and most of it is outside on the the hill, with a few show scenes inside the hill.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Minion

ORDDU: I didn't know there was a model of the Dwarf coaster in existence a number of years ago. Isn't this a more recent idea that came into being a little over a year ago?

• Sawasdee! สวัสดี! :)

New Dumbo Testing
    Sorry for grammar mistakes! I'm not really good in English!

Smile Re: Fantasyland Project Tracker

Just a very quick video showing progress...IT WAS REALLY COLD AND MY HANDS WERE SHAKY SO IN ADVANCED I AM SORRY!!

Toy Story Midway Mania Guide post Toy Story 3 Update:
    http://micechat.com/forums/walt-disn...ore-guide.html

My journey to 592k on Toy Story Midway Mania(WDW):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2vD3XRUyOc

Check out my YouTube channel, constantly taking video of the Fantasyland construction and currently taking requests on my channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/BeAPartOfTheMagic

• film975

I heard that the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train has been in development for a very long time at Walt Disney Imagineering. It was Tom Staggs who finally gave the word to actually do it for the Fantasyland Expansion. To me it seems that this ride will be along the lines of Big Thunder but slowing down in parts for the show scenes you will pass through. I always felt that the Magic Kingdom’s Fantasyland always needed a thrill ride like this.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 01-20-2011, 05:44 AM