Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 82330313233343536 ... LastLast

• Disney aficionado

Re: Fantasyland Project Tracker

My wife has lost her job . Next time, we make it to WDW or DL for that matter will be after the construction is complete undoubtedly. I sincerely doubt that we'll have enough funds to make more than a 2 or 3 day trip though. I can't wait to see the new Fantasyland though, so 2 or 3 days will have to do it.

• Mostly Harmless.

Won't happen, but just a thought... Judging by the arial pics on another site the carousel should be moved to the North-East about 15 feet or so to free up some elbow room...
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• Minion

Word's going around that they're capping the Mermaid castle now.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi View Post
    Word's going around that they're capping the Mermaid castle now.
    I read that somewhere as well. Been waiting for some pictorial evidence all day. *gnaws on imaginary Mickey hat*

• Minion

M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• Minion

ORWEN: Did anybody else notice how Prince Eric's Castle is being short changed? If you compare it to pictures of how it looked in the original animated movie you'll notice that one of the tall narrow towers is missing from the theme park version, and several other sections and wings got left out, too. I still like the castle that they're building for Prince Eric. But it would have been nicer to include the whole castle instead of just part of it.

ORGOCH: It's called budget cuts, sister, an' ya oughtta be used to it by now! Heck! That dang prince is lucky he's got a home t'all! That's more 'n what two certain mice can say!!!

• Dreamer

Making the whole castle would've been overkill compared to the whimsical coastline. I'm quite happy so far with the details in those turrets and roofs. I can't wait to we the whole thing!

• Minion

ORWEN: Well, that's what I was saying, too! I wanted to see the whole thing! But they only gave us a scaled down version of Prince Eric's castle! A full blown castle wouldn't've been over-kill at all. Instead we're getting under-kill.

ORGOCH: Just be glad that ain't gone an' given ya ROAD kill!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yackerz View Post
    My wife has lost her job . Next time, we make it to WDW or DL for that matter will be after the construction is complete undoubtedly. I sincerely doubt that we'll have enough funds to make more than a 2 or 3 day trip though. I can't wait to see the new Fantasyland though, so 2 or 3 days will have to do it.
    So sorry to hear that! I hope that she finds another one shortly!!

The pics of the top of Prince eric's castle make me happier than anything else has so far!!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Cool Re: Fantasyland Project Tracker

Recently uploaded, quality will increase over time 1080p quality! Subscribe for more I am at the parks every weekend!!!!
    Toy Story Midway Mania Guide post Toy Story 3 Update:
    http://micechat.com/forums/walt-disn...ore-guide.html

My journey to 592k on Toy Story Midway Mania(WDW):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2vD3XRUyOc

Check out my YouTube channel, constantly taking video of the Fantasyland construction and currently taking requests on my channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/BeAPartOfTheMagic

• Minion

Just my two cents in regards to some of the comments above...

I think the Mermaid exterior looks pretty terrific so far...far more evocative than the DCA version, however nicely detailed the latter might be. I don't think it's "underkill" at all. While it might not be "overkill" to recreate the whole castle, a full blown castle certainly isn't necessary here. If any of you saw the extras on the Little Mermaid "platinum" DVD realeased a few years ago...the original concept (1990s) for the showbuilding was indeed a larger version of Eric's castle. But there wasn't any rockwork...the queue wasn't nearly as "atmospheric."
    Down with the Hat

• Dreamer

^ That's true, the original concept called for a little more elaborate castle but a smaller cliff:Name:  dlrpmermaid16.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  32.3 KBvs.Name:  75e22fcf.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  138.7 KBOf course, the ride was originally designed for a much smaller footprint for DLP. Though, I'd still love to see it realized there - in a revised version, of course - but I'm happy they went for the new concept for MK.

• Minion

ORWEN: Some cast members in Fantasyland are so funny and full false information. One we talked to this past weekend claimed that the Florida version of The Little Mermaid dark ride was going to be different from the one at DCA. He said it would tell Ariel's entire story, whereas the one in CA doesn't. We told him we had read that the two dark rides would be exactly the same except for the exterior. He denied this and said he knew they would be different. We had to throw a whole box of salt at him after that.

Scaffolding is down from Dumbo's new circus tent. @DisneyProjects tweeted this picture earlier today -

They also tweeted a couple days ago that the flags on top are real, unlike the plastic-looking fake flags on DCA's entrance. Looks good! They also tweeted these pics, showing that the Fantasyland Skyway Station is now completely gone!

Last edited by Santana; 02-14-2012 at 09:38 PM.

• Pilot EdForceOne

The leaving of the clock tower is the bit that keeps standing out to me. Maybe that does tie into the idea of tangle M&Gs and they retrofit the existing tower for that.

But given the age of it, I have to imagine they would prefer rebuilding it if it really was going to be some structure that included cast members moving in it at all.

Or maybe it will remain as just some tribute piece... who knows

The pictures posted online on how this clearing is impacting the HM queue side are interesting. Hopefully Disney does enough to camouflage what will be the backside of this area so HM isn't impacted.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 82330313233343536 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 01-20-2011, 05:44 AM