Page 34 of 42 FirstFirst ... 92431323334353637 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: Fantasyland Project Tracker

ORDDU: According to our sources, Rapunzel will be joining Aurora, Snow White and Tiana at the new princess meet and greet that will be overtaking Snow White's Scary Adventures. But we had also heard--many moons ago--that there had once been an idea to build a new structure for a princess meet and greet where the former Fantasyland skyway tower had once been.

ORGOCH: 'Course that was befer they decided ta go an' build an out house there instead!

ORDDU: Restrooms, dear, they're building modern, indoor facilities--not out houses.

ORGOCH: Well, ta me they's still just glorified outhouses!

ORDDU: Anyway, it would be nice if they also built a tower in Rapunzel's honor and added it to the new Fantasyland expansion. Can you imagine all the fun certain men would have while climing up Rapunzel's hair--hoping to receive a kiss from her if they were fortunate enough to climb all the way to the top of the tower???

ORGOCH: That ol' Skin Flint Ryder might have somethin' ta say 'bout that!

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: According to our sources, Rapunzel will be joining Aurora, Snow White and Tiana at the new princess meet and greet that will be overtaking Snow White's Scary Adventures. But we had also heard--many moons ago--that there had once been an idea to build a new structure for a princess meet and greet where the former Fantasyland skyway tower had once been.

ORGOCH: 'Course that was befer they decided ta go an' build an out house there instead!

ORDDU: Restrooms, dear, they're building modern, indoor facilities--not out houses.

ORGOCH: Well, ta me they's still just glorified outhouses!

ORDDU: Anyway, it would be nice if they also built a tower in Rapunzel's honor and added it to the new Fantasyland expansion. Can you imagine all the fun certain men would have while climing up Rapunzel's hair--hoping to receive a kiss from her if they were fortunate enough to climb all the way to the top of the tower???

ORGOCH: That ol' Skin Flint Ryder might have somethin' ta say 'bout that!
    Tell me, ladies, but you wouldn't happen to know Esmerelda Weatherwax, Gytha Ogg and Magrat Garlick, would you? Maybe Agnes Nitt?
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• Minion

ORDDU: The names do ring a bell, but we don't know them personally, BassBone, duckling. They must belong to a foreign coven of witches we haven't had the pleasure of meeting.

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: The names do ring a bell, but we don't know them personally, BassBone, duckling. They must belong to a foreign coven of witches we haven't had the pleasure of meeting.
    Lancre is fairly remote. One ended up becoming queen of that country, not a fitting profession for a witch in my considered opinion.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    The leaving of the clock tower is the bit that keeps standing out to me. Maybe that does tie into the idea of tangle M&Gs and they retrofit the existing tower for that.

But given the age of it, I have to imagine they would prefer rebuilding it if it really was going to be some structure that included cast members moving in it at all.

Or maybe it will remain as just some tribute piece... who knows

The pictures posted online on how this clearing is impacting the HM queue side are interesting. Hopefully Disney does enough to camouflage what will be the backside of this area so HM isn't impacted.
    It looks to me like the clock tower will not be staying. You can see in this new photo from Epcyclopedia.com that the tower has been gutted at the base. Of course, they could be reworking it to be an entry point to the restrooms or something.

Although not Fantasyland it may be something everyone is interested in seeing!!

Also as previously posted new Fantasyland construction, including a view from the railroad, the old dumbo spinner partially moved and missing from previous location, and some BTM construction!! Enjoy!!
    Toy Story Midway Mania Guide post Toy Story 3 Update:
    http://micechat.com/forums/walt-disn...ore-guide.html

My journey to 592k on Toy Story Midway Mania(WDW):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2vD3XRUyOc

Check out my YouTube channel, constantly taking video of the Fantasyland construction and currently taking requests on my channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/BeAPartOfTheMagic

• Minion

First part of the Castle Wall has emerged Fantasyland news - PHOTO - First section of the new Fantasyland castle wall unveiled
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 02-19-2012 at 10:17 AM. Reason: link removed per FAQ
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr

• Minion

ORGOCH: Great! Now Cindersmelly and Prince Alarmin' can start ta protect their turf from Dumb Belle an' that flea bitten beast! Cain't wait fer them princess wars ta git goin'.

• film975

Did anyone catch this update from the Disneyparks blog? It announces the final operating date for Snow White's Scary Adventure.

Part of New Fantasyland

• Program

Quote Originally Posted by film975 View Post
    Did anyone catch this update from the Disneyparks blog? It announces the final operating date for Snow White's Scary Adventure.

Part of New Fantasyland
    And here I was thinking that Disney changed it's mind because we haven't heard about it closing in so long...

• Minion

I'm glad I squeezed in a bunch of rides on SWSA last summer! A lot of other people seemed to be doing the same thing.

• Minion

ORDDU: It's such a shame that Florida's Magic Kingdom is losing Snow White's Scary Adventures because it was the best version of this attraction there is. All the other versions from California to Tokyo focus mostly on the evil queen, whereas the Florida version told most of the story from beginning to end. It wasn't in as bad a condition as some fans would have you believe, either. It's certainly in better shape than Peter Pan's Flight to Neverland.

• keep moving forward...

It's great to see how much has been completed already. I was on my first college program working in Magic Kingdom when they first started construction. I remember going to Fantasyland on my day off one morning, and after two minutes of thinking that something was different about that section of the park, realized that the Winnie the Pooh tree had moved across the street. I cant wait to see this after it is all completed, even if it is sad that we have to loose a classic attraction in the process. I always felt like Magic Kingdom must be the hardest park to integrate new experiences into, because so many of the attractions are regarded as classics, and are pretty much untouchable.

Scaffolding is up around the clock tower so it doesn't look like it's going anywhere... the rumor about a Tangled meet-and-greet could be true, and the clock tower could be in the process of being redesigned as Rapunzel's tower from the film.

• Minion

ORDDU: There will be restrooms going in the area where the clock tower is. Rapunzel will be meeting and greeting with Snow White, Aurora and Tiana in the new same area that is replacing Snow White.

Page 34 of 42 FirstFirst ... 92431323334353637 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 01-20-2011, 05:44 AM