Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 122734353637383940 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: Fantasyland Project Tracker

ORDDU: What I read said that the second half of Dumbo's Circus would open in July--not the Beauty & the Beast Restaurant. The restaurant isn't going to be ready until the holidays--like maybe Thanksgiving.

• Pilot EdForceOne

That was the worst titled blog post. Dates and then they basically gave no dates
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Insomniac

^^Agreed! It was basically a junk post but I thought it was worth mentioning on the project tracker anyways...
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

I'm going to be at WDW the second week of June so I'm slightly irked that the second half of Dumbo will be opening a couple weeks after I leave... especially since it seems like it's taken them so much longer than it should have to install it, judging by the photo reports I've been reading for the last few months. Oh well.

Here's some (new?) concept art for the inside of Princess Fairy Tale Hall, courtesy of DaMouse.com. Looks pretty cool.

• Insomniac

Disney Parks Blog just realeased an interesting look into the Be Our Guest Restaurant.

Imagineers Share How

Idk how I feel about this. They say the scale has to be just like in the movie but it looks like the room is WAY to small! That and the fact that I will never get super excited about a restaurant (especially one I'll probably never go to!) makes me a little bit less excited about the whole expansion. Really one of the biggest additions to the park is a freaking restaurant? All that theming, all that detail, all that rock work, for a restaurant! I feel like if TDO spent more money on upkeep and new attractions and less money on resorts, restaurants, and shops they would end up making a whole lot more money with higher attendance. That and guest satisfaction leads guests to spend more money then they do if you constantly add new ways to suck more money out of their wallets!
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

^All of the additions are big. We're talking about a roller coaster, dueling dumbos, a multi-million dollar darkride, and an epic restaurant. The Fantasyland expansion is a huge addition to the park, and each part of it is equally impressive IMO

• Minion

ORDDU: My sisters and I agree that adding another restaurant to the Magic Kingdom is a mistake--especially when you consider they don't even use all the restaurants they have now. A new attraction would have been much more welcomed by us.

• Minion

Will the Be our guest restaurant and little mermaid be open for my trip on Dec 10th?
    Jeff Wayne

• I'm a Lutheran

Did anyone else see the Maleficent Dragon and Tic-Toc the Croc on the bottom level stained glass windows?
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
    Will the Be our guest restaurant and little mermaid be open for my trip on Dec 10th?
    They said both should be open in time for the holidays, so me thinks yes.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

A sneak peak at the Dumbo interactive queue. Hopefully there is more interactivity than a McDonalds playplace; this is only a small section of the queue at least: Sneak Peek: Kids Will Star in the Show at the Big Top Tent at Dumbo The Flying Elephant Disney Parks Blog
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    A sneak peak at the Dumbo interactive queue. Hopefully there is more interactivity than a McDonalds playplace; this is only a small section of the queue at least: Sneak Peek: Kids Will Star in the Show at the Big Top Tent at Dumbo The Flying Elephant Disney Parks Blog
    My thoughts exactly. In fact, my local McDonalds has a better playplace than that. This will do the job in entertaining the young ones, I just expected more.

Whatever happened to interactive ques that adults could enjoy just as much as the kid? Seems like a huge waste of space and money for such little interactivity that is only intended for kids who are small enough to fit inside their playplace. Sure small children will be entertained but what are the rest of us supposed to do? Sit there and screw around on our phones or talk to each other. Same thing we'd do in an un-"interactive" que. Only good thing about this is that it's air-conditioned.

^This is, afterall, the Dumbo ride we're talking about. Not the Haunted Mansion. The queue caters to the age group the ride does. Yes, you can argue that the ride is for everyone, but in the end, the key demographic of Dumbo is small kids, who will eat this queue up.

^^ Those small kids have to be watched by someone. Who do you think that someone is? The parents. They should be able to enjoy themselves just as much as their kids do if they're going to have to stand in line for it.

Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 122734353637383940 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 01-20-2011, 05:44 AM