Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 12345671429 ... LastLast

• Dreamer

Re: Disney World - Fantasyland Project Tracker

This is exciting news. I'm a bit disappointed Cinderella's chateau was scrapped - I really like the design of it - but I, too, wouldn't be happy for another meet-n-greet waste of space. The dwarves' cottage is a much more memorable sight though and I'm already excited to see that realized.

And speaking of designs, is there any more detailed artwork on the beast's castle mock-up or will they simply replicate the one in DLP' storybook land on a larger scale? I...must...know.

Edit: Come to think of it, this expansion is starting to look like a large-scale version of storybook land itself.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Lamp View Post
    And speaking of designs, is there any more detailed artwork on the beast's castle mock-up or will they simply replicate the one in DLP' storybook land on a larger scale? I...must...know.

The Beast's castle appears to be a forced perspective model which sits on top of the restaurant roof.

It's a really clever design.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

So when does this open? 2012?

Re: new concept art for the new Fantasyland expansion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Wait -- they're going to have a bridge over a little stream without rails sticking up 5 feet to keep people from falling in?
    That was my first reaction too! Haha! Legal is going to pull out their hair over that one! Then again, it looks like the stream is about 2 inches deep...

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post

The Beast's castle appears to be a forced perspective model which sits on top of the restaurant roof.

It's a really clever design.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patsy
    It's only a model...
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur, King of the Britons
    SHH!
    On second thought, let's not go to Fantasyland. 'Tis a silly place.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

Ok.... at the risk of being a wet rag, but after watching Pixar Pals.... whatever they called it at Hollywood Studio.... I am losing faith this can be done right. don't get me wrong.... I do like the plans, but I am still not blown away as many seem to be.

Issue one. I do not understand the other half of Town Town Fair. : One half is clearly becoming Storybook Circusland. Weee. The other half of Storybook Circus land, judging only by the artist drawings, look like the tents are definitely remaining. Ok... fine. The temporary tents of Mickey's Birthdayland... no I mean Mickey's Starland... opps, Toon Town Fair, are now once again embraced for Storybook Circusland. Sigh.

Lets all hug the tents as rumor or not, the wise money says they are staying. That said, why move the princesses into Snow White's Scary Adventure and lose a ride count? Maybe because the princesses wouldn't fit with Storybook Circusland because honestly, would that be any different then the current mis match of them being at a country fair, the theme of Toon Town Fair.

So why go through the expense of losing an attraction and moving an meet and greet when both can be kept and that money spent else where, or spent on a redo of the snow white attraction into something else that still keeps the ride system. There are plenty of Disney movies with out a dark ride.... Pick one and re-theme this attraction to it.

Issue two : VERY high expectations of the Dwarf Mine ride : speculation about the Dwarfs Mine coaster being a possible E ticket? or something like BTTM by some, but definitely NOT ME. I have read posts comparing this to BTTM and even the Matterhorn. I don't believe Disney is leading anyone to believe this. BTTM is the "Wildest Ride in the Wilderness", "Soarin' is an exhilarating simulated hang-glider flight over California's famous natural and manmade wonders.", the Disney's oldest and slowest coaster, the Matterhorn, is "a high-speed thrill ride that will throttle you through icy chutes, around perilous precipices and into the lair of the legendary abominable snowman! " So I really I don't think "a rollicking, musical ride into the mine “where a million diamonds shine.” is intended to mean major Disney Coaster type ride. Coaster yes, but MAJOR coaster like BTTM or the Matterhorn.... no.

The look of it all is fantastic, and I am looking forward to the changes. I am just not blown away, even with this 2.0 version. Overall, I approve of the new plan, and despite the tone of this post, I am genuinely excited to see its completion, even if it features the needless removal of a classic if not slightly too scary for kids, dark ride. But I do think on-line speculation is making this project, especially the new dwarfs attraction, so much bigger then its really going to be. The footprint of the Dwarfs mine ride is really NOT that big of an area.

One last gripe. I tire of this being billed as the "largest expansion in MK history". Is it really an expansion OR is it just the long over due re-use of that land previously occupied by the 20k attraction?
    Last edited by Kidgenie; 01-19-2011 at 02:18 AM.

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Entertainment at disneyworld and imagineering are two seperate departments so you can still take a optmistic approach this will be done right... if steve davison was allowed to work on disneyworlds entertainment things would be alot different... But as for the case of this expansion its defnitely a huge improvement for the park...
    I also agree with you , the snow white attraction will not be a major e ticket it may only be a C+ from what I understand
    but lets hope we are both suprised!

• TDR... It gets the love!!

Does anybody know when the earlier attractions will open? Originally i thought the Little Mermaid was opening around the same time as DCA's equivalent, but now I'm hearing that not even the first phase will open until the end of 2012. Anyone know more?
    Yes. We all know that I am psychic. Don't believe me? Well... I'm sensing that you like Disney. I see that look of bewilderment, hmmm?

Quote Originally Posted by Exomonia View Post
    Does anybody know when the earlier attractions will open? Originally i thought the Little Mermaid was opening around the same time as DCA's equivalent, but now I'm hearing that not even the first phase will open until the end of 2012. Anyone know more?
    Everything I have read recently says that everything won't start opening until 2012 now but that everything will be phased out through 2013. The DCA ride is already opened.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by harpist1991 View Post
    Everything I have read recently says that everything won't start opening until 2012 now but that everything will be phased out through 2013. The DCA ride is already opened.
    The DCA ride does not open until May. From what I've read, late 2012 would be the earliest, but different people are giving different timeframes. Late 2012 would be the earliest.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Will the Storybook Circus be it's own land or will it be a part of Fantasyland?
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Will the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train really be a "first-of-its kind" ride system?

It sounds familiar...

Mack Rides GmbH & Co KG | Products | Coasters | e-motion Coaster | Info | e-motion Coaster

I cant say for sure cause we haven't actually seen the ride vehicles they are using in the Dwarfs Coaster. However, im pretty sure they are not using the mack E-Motion coaster. That coaster "drifts" left and right with the pivot point in the front of the car. From what I can tell from the drawings of the Dwarf Coaster, those cars will swing side-to-side just like a real ore car can do.

And, if thats the case, think of all the fun they could have with outward banking and over-banking on this ride!

Quote Originally Posted by mickey11 View Post
    I cant say for sure cause we haven't actually seen the ride vehicles they are using in the Dwarfs Coaster. However, im pretty sure they are not using the mack E-Motion coaster. That coaster "drifts" left and right with the pivot point in the front of the car. From what I can tell from the drawings of the Dwarf Coaster, those cars will swing side-to-side just like a real ore car can do.

And, if thats the case, think of all the fun they could have with outward banking and over-banking on this ride!
    I didn't mean to suggest that it was going to be a Mack coaster. Although now that you mention it, maybe it will be.

The e-motion doesn't pivot or drift as you described it. It tilts in side to side and back and forth, just like a mine car ride should. You're thinking of a coaster made by Premier Rides, the Drifting Coaster.

And apparently [Link to unauthorized site removed] is having this same exact conversation.
    Last edited by mcstewart37; 01-19-2011 at 09:50 AM.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kidgenie View Post
    Ok.... at the risk of being a wet rag, but after watching Pixar Pals.... whatever they called it at Hollywood Studio.... I am losing faith this can be done right. don't get me wrong.... I do like the plans, but I am still not blown away as many seem to be.
    I don't blame you for thinking that at all. They've given you reason to be skeptical due to their recent performance at Disney World. However, all indications we are getting here (on and off the record) are VERY positive for this project. And early criticism here and elsewhere that the project was off-focus were heard and addressed. That's why the many meet-and-greets have been consolidated and a family friendly mine ride added. It's good stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Kidgenie View Post
    One last gripe. I tire of this being billed as the "largest expansion in MK history". Is it really an expansion OR is it just the long over due re-use of that land previously occupied by the 20k attraction?
    It really is the largest expansion in the park's history on terms of land use, cost, and number of attractions being added. It is quite simply a massive construction project.

I'm one of the company's biggest critics. So you can be sure that if I'm blowing the horn of approval, it must really be something good. Though you can be sure that I'll be one of the first people crying foul if they start cutting budgets on this project. Disney World needs something of the highest quality Imagineering can muster, and while this project is really just a bunch of kiddie attractions, it is very high quality.

This will not be the Harry Potter killer that so many of us are yearning for (and it was not intended to be), Disney has yet to announce that project. If the Fantasyland project brings in lots of new crowds, more big projects will likely follow.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 12345671429 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 01-20-2011, 05:44 AM