Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst ... 34567891631 ... LastLast

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Re: Disney World - Fantasyland Project Tracker

Quote Originally Posted by harpist1991 View Post
    Everything I have read recently says that everything won't start opening until 2012 now but that everything will be phased out through 2013. The DCA ride is already opened.
    No it's not. They still need to cover the steel on one whole side of the building. Not until May of this year my friend.

What I don't undertand is that everything in New Fantasyland is all beautiful and rich with theming.
    Then you go to Storybook Circus Land and it's like the average carnival. Why can't Dumbo's land be like all the other areas in New Fantasyland?

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• Metro-Retro Historian

Huh, I never noticed that Disney used "dwarfs" as the plural for dwarf instead of "dwarves". Learn something new every day.

Hey! The blurb says, "And now you can join their merry band on a wild ride through the rolling countryside..." I guess it's already open. That was fast.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEO,ATIS View Post
    No it's not. They still need to cover the steel on one whole side of the building. Not until May of this year my friend.

What I don't undertand is that everything in New Fantasyland is all beautiful and rich with theming.
    Then you go to Storybook Circus Land and it's like the average carnival. Why can't Dumbo's land be like all the other areas in New Fantasyland?
    Thanks! I knew I was close
    I, personally, would rather Dumbo's land not be there at all. Dumbo creeped me out as a child and I watched it again not too long ago (thinking I just didn't understand it or something) and not only did it still creep me out, I was also sobbing every time Dumbo went to visit his mother. I know Walt loved Dumbo but a whole land themed after it? If they wanted an area more geared towards boys, why not introduce an Aladdin area or Peter Pan (even though Walt didn't like Peter himself, the characters have made quite an impression in the parks!). I think kids of today's era would respond to one of those areas more than Dumbo.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KevinYee View Post
    Steve B. snapped a pic this morning of the FLE construction walls - new artwork is up for the interior of the Mine ride:

Attachment 9766
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinYee View Post
    ARGH!! THE APOSTROPHE IS WRONG IN THE NEW ARTWORK!!!

Sigh. Fix it, please, Disney... I'm such the grammar police now
    First thing I noticed.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Here's a video interview with Eric Jacobson about the expansion. A few more details, but helps to build the excitement:
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Quote Originally Posted by mcstewart37 View Post
    I didn't mean to suggest that it was going to be a Mack coaster. Although now that you mention it, maybe it will be.

The e-motion doesn't pivot or drift as you described it. It tilts in side to side and back and forth, just like a mine car ride should. You're thinking of a coaster made by Premier Rides, the Drifting Coaster.

And apparently [Link to unauthorized site removed] is having this same exact conversation.
    Ah, ok. Your'e right, I was thinking of that one. Either way though, the e-motion car does not swing like the ones on this Dwarfs coaster will.

Mine Coaster is one step up from the Barnstormer? Hopefully it's a massive step up, otherwise it's just going to be a faster dark ride. And did anyone notice that people don't enter or exit from the Dwarfs Cottage? I wonder what will be placed inside there.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Re: new concept art for the new Fantasyland expansion

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post

So hopefully with this shot people can get a real idea of the size.
    Wow. That gives me a totally different view. Looks less appealing now..

• Inappropriate

I like this version a lot better than the last, but I don't understand one thing: The circus land will have Dumbo and the Barnstormer. What about the entire other half of it with the tents? What's going there? Shops? Looks like a lot of area for nothing.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch626626 View Post
    Mine Coaster is one step up from the Barnstormer? Hopefully it's a massive step up, otherwise it's just going to be a faster dark ride. And did anyone notice that people don't enter or exit from the Dwarfs Cottage? I wonder what will be placed inside there.
    MiceChatter Ummmmm,no has said it will be like the Barnstormer with dark ride scenes and will be longer than a minute.

CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• Banned User

Comparison shot:

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

I see lots of changes in the colors, some things in Dumbo, and - of course - Snow White.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEO,ATIS View Post
    MiceChatter Ummmmm,no has said it will be like the Barnstormer with dark ride scenes and will be longer than a minute.
    That guy in the video said that it was one step up from the barnstormer for children. Like the next thing after the very first starter coaster for small children.

I don't know anymore. Everyone is saying something different. I wonder if anyone really knows what the ride will be like besides the designers.

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch626626 View Post
    That guy in the video said that it was one step up from the barnstormer for children. Like the next thing after the very first starter coaster for small children. I don't know anymore. Everyone is saying something different. I wonder if anyone really knows what the ride will be like besides the designers.
    Video?
    EDIT: Nevermind, I didn't see it before.

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    Comparison shot:
    Ice101 Thanks for posting... this really helps see the difference

Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst ... 34567891631 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 01-20-2011, 05:44 AM