Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst ... 456789101732 ... LastLast

• Nutty about Disney parks

Re: new concept art for the new Fantasyland expansion

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post

So hopefully with this shot people can get a real idea of the size.
    It's not as big as I thought land-wise. Still I'm very curious to see what's gonna be done with those big tents now that they're staying. What are they gonna put in them? I imagine they'll probably keep that one surplus gift shop or maybe move it and put like a kiddie circus-themed show in the big tent? Or maybe they can turn it into a restaurant? That would require alot of imaginative thought to make it work though.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: new concept art for the new Fantasyland expansion

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    It's not as big as I thought land-wise. Still I'm very curious to see what's gonna be done with those big tents now that they're staying. What are they gonna put in them? I imagine they'll probably keep that one surplus gift shop or maybe move it and put like a kiddie circus-themed show in the big tent? Or maybe they can turn it into a restaurant? That would require alot of imaginative thought to make it work though.
    Don't forget this is an older picture, and Toontown Fair will also be included in the expansion. Also, the Mansion and Small World show buildings look like they would fit comfortably in the area already started - that's pretty big to me!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Re: Disney World - Fantasyland Project Tracker

The overall good things: Still will have Prince Eric's Castle with The Little Mermaid attraction. Still will have a Beauty and the Beast themed restaurant and village. Getting rid of the princess overload.

The mediocre: Mine Train Ride. I too prefer the DL style Fantasyland, with several quaint and up close dark rides. This new mine train, I just don't have high hopes for. Roller Coaster attractions usually go to fast to enjoy many of the details and take up a LOT of space ~ and no one is saying this is going to be Big Thunder quality, makes me a little pessimistic. And turning the old ride area into a princess meet and greet, uggggg.

The poor: Dumbo's Circusland, I still hate the idea of two exact same Dumbo rides ~ why can't they something really creative and build an indoor style darkride in the style of Peter Pan, where you can fly with Dumbo to different places, instead of just around in circles. THIS is the character that really needed a makeover, rather than Snow. Then, keeping Goofy's coaster?!?!?! This is just as pitiful as the Goofy makeover of Mulholland Madness in DCA. How about returning a favortive attraction, with a new spin ~ Bring back Mr Toad, and give guests an even Wilder crazier ride, than before! That's THE WDW attraction that everyone wanted to save! NOT Goofy's Barnstormer!

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    The overall good things: Still will have Prince Eric's Castle with The Little Mermaid attraction. Still will have a Beauty and the Beast themed restaurant and village. Getting rid of the princess overload.

The mediocre: Mine Train Ride. I too prefer the DL style Fantasyland, with several quaint and up close dark rides. This new mine train, I just don't have high hopes for. Roller Coaster attractions usually go to fast to enjoy many of the details and take up a LOT of space ~ and no one is saying this is going to be Big Thunder quality, makes me a little pessimistic. And turning the old ride area into a princess meet and greet, uggggg.

The poor: Dumbo's Circusland, I still hate the idea of two exact same Dumbo rides ~ why can't they something really creative and build an indoor style darkride in the style of Peter Pan, where you can fly with Dumbo to different places, instead of just around in circles. THIS is the character that really needed a makeover, rather than Snow. Then, keeping Goofy's coaster?!?!?! This is just as pitiful as the Goofy makeover of Mulholland Madness in DCA. How about returning a favortive attraction, with a new spin ~ Bring back Mr Toad, and give guests an even Wilder crazier ride, than before! That's THE WDW attraction that everyone wanted to save! NOT Goofy's Barnstormer!
    The reason they kept the Barnstormer is because it's about the only coaster young children want to ride. Unless they've been brought up otherwise, most 4 year olds don't want to ride Space Mountain or even Thunder Mountain. The only kiddie coaster in the entire park is goofy's. That's probably the only reason the Goofy coaster is remaining. And as far as turning a former ride into a meet and greet is definetly a bad decision. It would be so easy to either replicate a dark ride from Disneyland OR make a new one and fill the building with a brand new ride. Unfortunately, Disney feels that a meet and greet still needs to be done. What NEEDS to be done, is to find a new place for Mickey's home at Disney World. If they're going to keep the Barnstormer, they should also keep the homes. Maybe after this whole expansion is finished, they'll build a real Toontown, someplace in the park. Maybe rip out the Skyway Station and replace it with a path leading to a Disneyland styled Toontown.

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

If TDO really wants to have some things in Fantasyland for boys there's a certain submarine ride they could update and bring back...

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEO,ATIS View Post
    If TDO really wants to have some things in Fantasyland for boys there's a certain submarine ride they could update and bring back...
    But where would it go? There isn't exactly a lagoon siting there for use. Wait...What does TDO stand for? It's not the glossary part of the forum.

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch626626 View Post
    But where would it go? There isn't exactly a lagoon siting there for use. Wait...What does TDO stand for? It's not the glossary part of the forum.
    Looking at the photo above they have plenty of room north for it. TDO stands for Team Disney Orlando.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

Sure they've got plenty of land. They have TONS of unused land all over the entire resort. But the question is how much further do they want to expand. They could just kept going and going and going, building out Fantasyland. But do they want to? It's only 1 land out of quite a few others. You could say that almost all of the lands can build out further, but do they need to? While this new version of the expansion may not completely solve the boy problem, boys have plenty of other rides to enjoy. Yes, girls can enjoy the other attractions just as much as the boys. But girls can like lots of boy things, but can boys like lots of girl things? There will always be a girl that loves everything that a boy loves, but can you say the same thing about boys liking girl things? No. But does Princess rides stop boys from riding them? No. Otherwise, boys wouldn't ride the SWSA. Yet they do it anyways. Getting rid of the meet and greets and adding a mine coaster-ride-thing does give boys more to do and I doubt boys will object to the Little Mermaid dark ride. Dumbo is a neutral theme that both boys and girls can enjoy. if they can put up with clowns. Then you've got the Beauty and the Beast stuff. Story time with Belle is more for little girls than anyone else, but the restaurant and village is for everyone. Boys will enjoy seeing all the guns and horns and such inside Gaston's Tavern and shops are intended to attract all guests. I really don't see that much of a problem with their current line up. Yes, I'd love for the Nautilus to return. Will it ever happen? Doubtful. Most people don't even remember 20,000 leagues under the sea anymore.

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

interesting point about what WDI Eric Jacobson called the Great Goofini coaster, he mentions goofy is a stunt pilot... .sounds a little familiar to Goofys Sky School I wonder if it will have similar design elements.. its not the same coaster type but it could share the similar scenery
    Last edited by lighttragic; 01-19-2011 at 09:48 PM.

• Dream in wonderful color!

another aerial view from a different angle

- Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

• Disappearing/Reappearing

It all looks lovely....except, I'm a little saddened that they won't have Pixie Hollow anymore. That looked really nice. And I'm hoping the circus games...don't get morphed into a "boardwalk" game or arcade type thing. Pfft

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nonob88 View Post
    another aerial view from a different angle

An old view too. Mr Keating has more recent photos available for viewing over at WDW Magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post

The reason is Dumbo is a classic. I am not sure why, but for anyone that goes to the MK or DL with a toddler can swear too, once they see Dumbo there is no turning back! Its your standard Carival Ride but its also a toddler magnet. Aladdin's Carpet, nope. Trike Spin? Nope... but may parents have to make a Dumbo or Bust park strategy. Many guide books, including the Unofficial Gude to WDW address this phenominon with Dumbo. The big draw back is.... the LINE. This isn't actually the fastest ride to load and unload, and while Dumbo maybe the most important thing to the toddler, 45 minutes for a 1 minute wisk through the air is not high on most others things to do list. If I am going to stand 45 minutes in line, there better be a Mountain ride at the end of the line. And that is the point of "dueling Dumbos". Make the line entertaining AND double the capcity of the attraction but.... well duplicating it. After all, two dumbos will be able to process all those toddlers twice as fast, satisfing the toddler and getting the parents back to what they really want to do just a bit faster.

• MiceAge Columnist

The aerial view makes it look like the Mine Coaster will be no longer than Winnie the Pooh plus Snow White dark rides put together. It's looking more and more like "glorified Barnstormer" (but with a new car system)
    Kevin Yee
    MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
    Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
    Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
    Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
    Mouse Trap
    Tokyo Disney Made Easy
    101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
    Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

• Banned User

The mine train ride is hardly boy-centric. Its based on a girly movie, Snow White. This attempt at trying to make more appealing for boy is rather lame.

Still no answer for Harry Potter. I didn't expect to provide an answer and it is plainly obvious no attempt was made. However, the answer is directly under their noses and Disney didn't bite.

Disney must do a Star-Wars-Land!!!

Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst ... 456789101732 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 01-20-2011, 05:44 AM