Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5678910111833 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: Disney World - Fantasyland Project Tracker

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    The overall good things: Still will have Prince Eric's Castle with The Little Mermaid attraction. Still will have a Beauty and the Beast themed restaurant and village. Getting rid of the princess overload.

The mediocre: Mine Train Ride. I too prefer the DL style Fantasyland, with several quaint and up close dark rides. This new mine train, I just don't have high hopes for. Roller Coaster attractions usually go to fast to enjoy many of the details and take up a LOT of space ~ and no one is saying this is going to be Big Thunder quality, makes me a little pessimistic. And turning the old ride area into a princess meet and greet, uggggg.
    Actually, insiders are saying the theming is on par with BTM, but the thrill won't be...I just hope that means theming pre-removal of earthquake elements.
    Last edited by Dustysage; 01-20-2011 at 10:25 AM.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
    The mine train ride is hardly boy-centric. Its based on a girly movie, Snow White. This attempt at trying to make more appealing for boy is rather lame.

Still no answer for Harry Potter. I didn't expect to provide an answer and it is plainly obvious no attempt was made. However, the answer is directly under their noses and Disney didn't bite.

Disney must do a Star-Wars-Land!!!
    It is a bummer. Universal is reeling in money like mad thanks to Potter and Disney never cared. But at least something is getting done. I just wish it was an all resort expansion and not just one park.

• former CM

Challenge to Staggs and Iger: B4 2012

What an excellent thread! Thank you!

The changes to Fantasyland now look worthy! Love the Snow White mine ride idea. I hope they make it into a E ticket that is exciting and yet can be enjoyed by 7-year-olds and most of the whole family together.

I'm glad Belle is being kept over those blonde Barbie doll princesses: Aurora & Cinderella
    because Belle loves reading.
    I'm not saying she's an ideal role model; if a guy starts out being really mean, you should probably not stay with him even if "he has a good heart underneath and can change."

Thank you too, Universal/Harry Potter, for making Disney improve.

OK, it's mid-January of 2011 and work has already begun. Disneyland was built in just one year
    so
    I challenge you,
    Thomas Staggs & Bob Iger,
    to open all this 11 months from now,
    before 2012.

Harry Potter isn't getting any older,
    and you could beat the London Olympics/Presidential election year.
    Tom Sinsky
    Last edited by jcruise86; 01-20-2011 at 10:50 AM.

• is too darn hot.

Where does it say anywhere that the seven Dwarfs ride is a roller coaster? All I've seen is it's called "Seven Dwarfs Mine Ride", with no mention of a coaster.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post
    Where does it say anywhere that the seven Dwarfs ride is a roller coaster? All I've seen is it's called "Seven Dwarfs Mine Ride", with no mention of a coaster.
    The Parks Blog calls it a roller coaster...

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Parks Blog
    As with any project of this scale, we’ve also continued to look for additional ways to surprise and delight our guests and I think you’ll be pleased. One opportunity we’re especially excited about is the chance to tell Snow White’s story in a fresh new way. The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train will take you on a rollicking, musical ride into the mine “where a million diamonds shine.” The coaster will feature a first-of-its kind ride system with a train of ride vehicles that swing back and forth as they whisk along the track. The journey will be accompanied by music from the classic Disney film and animated figures of Snow White and the Dwarfs.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Exclusive First Look Behind the Scenes of The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel

It's about the Disney's California Adventure attraction, but it shows what we can expect at the Magic Kingdom.

There are definitely girly moments in Snow White, but I love anything that the Dwarfs are in.

If you think that the Mine Train isn't a boy-centric ride, what would you suggest? There are only so many boy-centric films that Disney could use here. Sure they could add Matterhorn or some other big e-ticket coaster, but is there even enough space for something like that?

Has anyone here seen casey Jr. at Disneyland Paris? Thats on a coaster system, but it doesn't go all that fast. Judging from the concept photos, the cars probably slow down during the indoor scenes.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch626626 View Post
    The reason they kept the Barnstormer is because it's about the only coaster young children want to ride. Unless they've been brought up otherwise, most 4 year olds don't want to ride Space Mountain or even Thunder Mountain. The only kiddie coaster in the entire park is goofy's. That's probably the only reason the Goofy coaster is remaining. .
    Due to the height restrictions, it's the only one many young kids CAN ride.

• Minion

I give a big thumbs up for the mine coaster...Forbidden Journey it certainly isn't, but still it's a much more fitting tribute to Snow White than the second-rate dark ride. Besides which, isn't everyone always complaining about the lack of unique attractions in the parks? This new take on Snow White will give the MK an (as yet) uncloned attraction...instead of a dark ride that was (largely) a clone of what already exists in Anaheim. What's been seen thus far, to me points to a highly detailed ride. And I'm glad it's not a super-fast coaster, where such details would be much harder to appreciate.
    Down with the Hat

Most recent aerial view (Jan. 4), per WDWMagic.

• Nutty about Disney parks

^ Whoa even before the announcement they've been quite busy with the showrooms for BatB and TLM haven't they? I just hope they get on with the Snow White area soon. Because it would be too awkward to open BatB and TLM early and make guests surpass all that construction in the middle to get to those two areas.

Pardon me if this has been mentioned before in the thread as I must have missed it, but what's the expected completion of this entire expansion/refurb? I'd like to know when I should book my flight to Florida

"How do I depreciate this rock?"

• Call me "Mox"

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    ^ Whoa even before the announcement they've been quite busy with the showrooms for BatB and TLM haven't they? I just hope they get on with the Snow White area soon. Because it would be too awkward to open BatB and TLM early and make guests surpass all that construction in the middle to get to those two areas.
    They've been working on BatB and TLM for awhile now. Those were definitely going to happen no matter what. During each of my visits in 2010, I would rush to Fantasyland to see if there was anymore work done that I could see.

The aerial views always look deceiving, With the destruction of Toon Town Faire this expansion/re-theming is massive. I just really hope Disney decides to do something new in Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. Maybe building the Disneyland version of Toon Town, A bigger Star Wars area, and an expansion of Pixar Place at DHS. Then at AK, bringing in some elements that were scrapped like the Jungle Cruise type Dinosaur ride, and do something with Camp Minne Mickey. Epcot needs some updating with Imagination being so... um... terrible and the empty Wonders of Life Pavillion. I really really hope this Fantasyland Expansion is just the beginning and not just a one time update and capacity fix.
    "All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."

Disneyland - 1995, 1988
    Walt Disney World - JAN 2011, OCT 2010, SEPT 2010, MAY 2010, MAR 2010, JULY 2009, MAY 2009, JULY 1999

Next Trips:
    WDW - Valentine's Day 2011
    Disneyland - Late May/Early June

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    It is a bummer. Universal is reeling in money like mad thanks to Potter and Disney never cared. But at least something is getting done. I just wish it was an all resort expansion and not just one park.
    Disney has four parks they have to spread it out ... so if Magic Kingdom gets something in 2012 , 2013 , then hopefully the other parks will follow in subsequent years... It just makes sense to spread it out and use that to your advantage when it comes down to marketing..
    I do hope they do a potter killer eventually and I hope either disney hollywood studios or Animal Kingdom will get it

Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5678910111833 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 01-20-2011, 05:44 AM