Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst ... 67891011121934 ... LastLast

Re: Disney World - Fantasyland Project Tracker

Quote Originally Posted by KevinYee View Post
    The aerial view makes it look like the Mine Coaster will be no longer than Winnie the Pooh plus Snow White dark rides put together. It's looking more and more like "glorified Barnstormer" (but with a new car system)

More like the distance of where the Pooh Fast Pass use to be to where Dumbo is. You'd have to get past Dumbo to get to Snow White. This is what I have been saying.... There is too much D ticket, (and by some hoping it will be turned into an E) expectations for the Mine Ride. I too am thinking Glorified Barnstormer. Its a VERY small foot print for any type of coaster attraction.

Ok, I know this is totally off topic, but it's been really bothering me! What is the difference between an E-ticket ride and a D-ticket ride, or all of the other letter-ticketed rides? I can't figure it out!

• Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by harpist1991 View Post
    Ok, I know this is totally off topic, but it's been really bothering me! What is the difference between an E-ticket ride and a D-ticket ride, or all of the other letter-ticketed rides? I can't figure it out!
    An E-ticket ride is an exceptionally thrilling or expensive ride, the term comes from the long defunct paper ticket labelled "E", which is reseved for the most thrilling rides in the park, for example Space Mountain. The D-ticket rides are the lesser but still popular ones such as Jungle Cruise and the A, B and C-rides are the least exciting rides and attractions.

• Honorary Jungle Skipper

Disney used to use actual physical tickets for each attraction you attended and they were lettered A through E. E tickets were the biggest, best, and most popular attractions (Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain) and each letter lower was a little less popular or less elaborate. We still refer to those letters as shorthand to refer to how awesome we expect an attraction to be, E still meaning the most awesome.

As to how long the Dwarf ride will be or last, we don't know how quickly the ride will move nor do can we assume that an attraction about going through a mine will only be one level. Perhaps it will have more than one floor! Maybe the cars will stop and start between various scenes.

It is so awesome to see some attention and love going to the East coast!
    I reject your reality, and subsitute my own!

Quote Originally Posted by iheartdisney View Post
    It is so awesome to see some attention and love going to the East coast!
    See the thing is, i feel, living out here on the west coast. its only been love given to the east coast for so long.

Yes, land is limited out in Anaheim, but in all honesty, for the most part, WDW has gotten everything and more in terms of what we have in Anaheim. Yes DCA is getting cars land, and a huge entrance re theme. But TLM is going to be in WDW too. They got soarin when we got it. We are both getting star tours (thats not surprising)

DCA should have vast differences than anyhting over there because its supposed to be a way different park than what we have over in Florida. There needs to be differences between the resorts so tourists will come to each. But really, im bias towards DL since its my home park. it really frustrates me when WDW gets the same things as DL.

I know they are one entity. but in reality there is a rivalry between the two. I feel that disneyland gets the highest quality so to speak, because they have to disperse money over a narrower field. Where as WDW has to disperse it over a broad field.

But still. WDW has three more parks than the DLR.(yes and more land i understand). But still as far as I'm concerned WDW has always gotten and is still getting the most attention, ever since it has been built.

All the way down to press and popular culture and media. Its no longer, "we just won the super bowl we're going to disneyland" its "We're going to disney world"

Thanks for clearing up the stuff about the tickets! It does make sense.
    fabfive- I think more people go to Disney World rather than Disneyland nowadays because there is so much more there and it's much cheaper. You can stay in one of the value resorts and go to a different park almost every day of the week. Disney World also has some still competition nearby and they constantly have to update in order to keep up with the competition. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Disneyland has other major theme parks around it. I hope it doesn't sound like I'm bashing Disneyland, I would really like to be able to go there someday, but it does cost a lot more to go there than it does to go to Disney World.

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by lighttragic View Post
    Disney has four parks they have to spread it out ... so if Magic Kingdom gets something in 2012 , 2013 , then hopefully the other parks will follow in subsequent years... It just makes sense to spread it out and use that to your advantage when it comes down to marketing..
    I do hope they do a potter killer eventually and I hope either disney hollywood studios or Animal Kingdom will get it
    Beastlie Kingdomme would be an ideal expansion for Animal Kingdom and if done correctly could be a Potter killer.

Quote Originally Posted by fabfive View Post
    See the thing is, i feel, living out here on the west coast. its only been love given to the east coast for so long.

Yes, land is limited out in Anaheim, but in all honesty, for the most part, WDW has gotten everything and more in terms of what we have in Anaheim. Yes DCA is getting cars land, and a huge entrance re theme. But TLM is going to be in WDW too. They got soarin when we got it. We are both getting star tours (thats not surprising)

DCA should have vast differences than anyhting over there because its supposed to be a way different park than what we have over in Florida. There needs to be differences between the resorts so tourists will come to each. But really, im bias towards DL since its my home park. it really frustrates me when WDW gets the same things as DL.

I know they are one entity. but in reality there is a rivalry between the two. I feel that disneyland gets the highest quality so to speak, because they have to disperse money over a narrower field. Where as WDW has to disperse it over a broad field.

But still. WDW has three more parks than the DLR.(yes and more land i understand). But still as far as I'm concerned WDW has always gotten and is still getting the most attention, ever since it has been built.

All the way down to press and popular culture and media. Its no longer, "we just won the super bowl we're going to disneyland" its "We're going to disney world"
    When was the last time they spent a billion dollars on a park at WDW? The West Coast parks get new attractions regularly. It's been years since there have been any new attractions at the East Coast parks. As for your last point, Disneyland is the second-most visited theme park in the world with 15.9 million visitors in 2009, right after the Magic Kingdom which had 17.2 million visitors in that year. And the "I'm going to Disneyland/World" commercials? They film two versions. Disneyland for the West Coast states and Disney World for the entire national market. They generally don't advertise Disneyland East of the Mississippi because Disneyland is not big enough to be a weeklong destination. In conclusion, your view is not well-substantiated and inaccurate. All that being said, I go to Disneyland regularly and I love it. This is why I haven't been back to WDW this year and I am not planning on returning until after this expansion is done.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

Thanks for clearing up the stuff about the tickets! It does make sense.
    fabfive- I think more people go to Disney World rather than Disneyland nowadays because there is so much more there and it's much cheaper. You can stay in one of the value resorts and go to a different park almost every day of the week. Disney World also has some still competition nearby and they constantly have to update in order to keep up with the competition. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Disneyland has other major theme parks around it. I hope it doesn't sound like I'm bashing Disneyland, I would really like to be able to go there someday, but it does cost a lot more to go there than it does to go to Disney World.
    Oh no doubt WDW has way more to offer for the price. I dont doubt that at all. Disneyland does have Universal Studios Hollywood, Knotts Berry farm. San Diego Zoo, The wild animal park. Six Flags Magic Mountain, and lego land. But in all honesty NONE...not a single one even can be called a competitor.

Due to the fact that there are only two parks at the DLR most people will get a three day park hopper for disneyland and than go to one or two of the other places while visiting Southern California. BUt at the end of the day, no one really goes down there to just go to one of the other places. Its just Disneyland and (fill in the blank with said park)

I used to be a Disenyland CM and spent about 20 minutes talking to some WDW cms who had never been to DL before. They said they were astonished at the quality of everything that was at DL. and being Die hard fans that jsut so happened to be CM's they found the fact that Disneyland to be the original place that started it all, the place that Walt walked, was very moving. They said it felt more magical as opposed to commercial. It wasnt so much of the Disney brand as it was as the Disney experience.

@BassBone

I understand everything that you are saying. I'm not talking about attendance. Disneyland Park is extremely popular. If land were not a problem there would be a third gate by now at the DLR. and also, if it werent for the miss fire that was DCA 1.0 we could have possibly had a third gate instead of the DCA refurb/ expansion. Disenyland can afford to keep the parks up because there is less to distribute too. its really that simple. But it took until 2001 for the second gate at the DLR to open. I understand what youa re saying. but overall WDW has been given just as much attention if not more than the DLR from a quantity standpoint for a longer period of time. Thats just my opinion.

Sorry for hijacking this WDW thread with a DLR discussion.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I'm not sure I understand you, fabfive. When was the last time WDW really got some REAL LOVE? They're getting necessary attention in Fantasyland and about time. Everest was built but in a park that was never a full day to begin with. Their fire breathing dragon doesn't even spit fire anymore. They still never got their promised new land! And Hollywood Studios? They got a clone of a DCA original attraction and American Idol. That isn't love! It was cunning! SHE'S A GYPSY! GYPSIES AREN'T CAPABLE OF REAL LOVE......

O_O

My point is... WDW is finally doing right now what is absolutely NECESSARY. The bare minimum way behind schedule. The only love WDW really gets is in their stores and resorts these days. They don't even have Pleasure Island anymore.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Exclamation Re: Disney World - Fantasyland Project Tracker

ADMIN NOTE

Interesting side discussion about which resort gets more money and love (DLR or WDW). However, that is off-topic to this thread. If you all would like to keep discussing that topic, please do so in a new thread.

Cheers and thanks for your help in keeping our discussions on-topic,

Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I'm not sure I understand you, fabfive. When was the last time WDW really got some REAL LOVE? They're getting necessary attention in Fantasyland and about time. Everest was built but in a park that was never a full day to begin with. Their fire breathing dragon doesn't even spit fire anymore. They still never got their promised new land! And Hollywood Studios? They got a clone of a DCA original attraction and American Idol. That isn't love! It was cunning! SHE'S A GYPSY! GYPSIES AREN'T CAPABLE OF REAL LOVE......

O_O

My point is... WDW is finally doing right now what is absolutely NECESSARY. The bare minimum way behind schedule. The only love WDW really gets is in their stores and resorts these days. They don't even have Pleasure Island anymore.
    DAK had a fire breathing dragon? When? Also, I'm sad I never got to experience the Adventurer's Club.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

^When the park opened, when there used to be water transportation that went over there. I don't remember if it was an actual dragon or just a flame thrower and a sound system.

Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst ... 67891011121934 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 01-20-2011, 05:44 AM