Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Post Walt Disney World Resort Update 11-20-05

Greetings from the promised land... err, Disney World.

Here's this week's New and Improved WDW Update... now with photos!

Magic Kingdom...

The tarp is still on the train station, and work is being done round the clock to finish before the insane week we call Christmas-New Year's Eve. This segment of the curb rehab is done, but the new grates haven't arrived yet. Currently they have pieces of wood with holes in it to use as grates.

New Wet Paint signs have replaced the traditional Donald Duck Wet Paint signs... there's a photo in the photo section... I'll post the link later.

The Haunted Mansion is still in need of a better rehab. I didn't notice any improvements since before the last mini-rehab.

The VMK Tours have switched to Series 2 Cards... All Pirates of the Caribbean Themed. Arrrgghhh.

The Magic Kingdom Christmas Tree will be moved back into Town Square in Early December after the Christmas Day Parade is filmed during the first week of Dec.

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith is being sold at almost every register in every park for the low price of $15.99. Get yours today!

Holiday Wishes was very good. Let me know if anyone can host a giant video file (prob about 50 megs, more or less) on a server for free for about a month. Also, take a look at some of the photos I took before the show, take a good look at those snowflakes on the castle!
    And for photos of the actual show, go here:
    http://www.mkt3000.com/pics/disney_11-16-05/

The long time Vegas showman Wayne Newton was in the Magic Kingdom last night. He was in Tomorrowland riding the Indy Speedway with his family.

The sidewalk is cracking very badly at the main bridge entrance to Tomorrowland. I almost tripped it's so bad. It needs to be fixed pronto.

Timekeeper is scheduled to open this Wed. through Sat. from 10am to 8pm.

Splash Mountain is under rehab.

Epcot...

Club Cool is open. It's basically the same without the ice tunnel. Well, it's been totally redone, but it's the same concept. Because I didn't get any photos, you can view photos here...
    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14659

The Epcot Character Connection, a new concept for character Meet and Greets, will open in what was most recently the Food and Wine Festival Center. It replaces the Characters on Holiday Bus.

Spaceship Earth has removed almost all AT&T logos. Some were just covered up.

Soarin'... no update yet... haven't been on it since last week. Sorry guys.

The Lights of Winter are now up at Epcot. They are not running yet, but they are up.

The new Viking Exhibit is up at Norway. Didn't get a chance to look though, but I will soon!

There's something wrong with the Fountain of Nations, many nozzles are out, and some are squirting mist in the air. Many lightbulbs need replacing as well, it's just not bright enough at night right now.

Almost all Food and Wine areas have been removed. The Botswana area is still being removed, and they switched out the 10 Cake at the entrance overnight. (See photos for what has been put in its place)

Disney-MGM Studios...

Spectacle of Lights are up and more awesome than ever. They stretch a little more than they did last year. Sorry, no photos.

Nothing else to report really from the Studios.

Disney's Animal Kingdom...

When you get off Kilimanjaro Safaris, the smell is getting pretty bad from the nearby gorillas. I wonder if they can do anything about that?

The narration is now done by Cast Member on the train to Rafiki's Planet Watch. I assume this was changed a long time ago, as I hadn't been there in ages. But I was just pointing it out in case you're like me and haven't been there either. Ha!

DINOSAUR's first Carnatorus is out for rehab... a little pop-up dino is in it's place. It kinda looks really cheap. LOL. Note that this was observed last week, I just forgot to post it, so the info might already be outdated.

Tarzan ROCKS is reported to be closing for good in Jan to accomidate the last of the holiday season crowds. So see it while you can.

Everest has a tentative schedule now:

Now... Imagineering Testing (Imagineers are riding Everest now.)
    Dec... Imagineer openings... (Not really sure what that means... Perhaps Imagineers and their families?)
    Mid Jan... The CM Opening Team Reports for training.
    Late Jan... Guest Soft Openings with the opening team.
    Late Feb or March... AP & Cast Previews

Waterfalls aren't on yet on Everest. Soon though!

And at the Polynesian...

The new Wyland Gallery has opened in place of "News from Polynesia." See the update for photos of the old location and the new location.

Captain Cooks is scheduled to close after the first week of Jan for a long rehab. A temporary Quick Service Shop is to be set up in the Conference Room near Moana Mickey's Arcade during the closure of Captain Cooks. The new Captain Cooks will take over that entire side of the Polynesian, and it will include the new format of restaurant similar to The Mara at Animal Kingdom Lodge. No date has been set for completion.

And that's the latest from the Disney World!

Oh yes, and thanks to the magic of Facebook, here are some photos!

http://ucf.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2004087&l=86119
    Last edited by captsmith84; 11-20-2005 at 01:00 PM.

• Official MC Thread Killer

Re: Walt Disney World Resort Update 11-20-05

Great update! I freaking LOVE Holiday Wishes.. there is a swell video on LaughingPlace..

By the way.. there are rumoured DVC previews as well for Everest, which will more than likely be at the same time as AP/Cast previews.. I just hope there are previews between March 5-10
    BLOCK - PARTY - BASH
    I'm gonna sing it; from the heart behind these hands

Please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated inside the theater safely

Great update, Bill.

Are these going to be weekly now? I need my Mouse fix ...

Just a few comments on yours:

<<The Haunted Mansion is still in need of a better rehab. I didn't notice any improvements since before the last mini-rehab.>>

I believe, but am not 100% certain, that this 'rehab' was strictly a mechanical chewing gum and wire fix to keep the attraction running. There was no cleaning, refreshing, fixing or updating of anything show related.

<<Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith is being sold at almost every register in every park for the low price of $15.99. Get yours today!>>

I noticed this two weeks ago and couldn't figure out why. They are doing more of a hard-sell on this than they are with the Cinderella Special Ed. All I can think of is Disney is trying hard to get back in George Lucas's good graces and maybe George has a vacation at WDW upcoming!

<<The long time Vegas showman Wayne Newton was in the Magic Kingdom last night. He was in Tomorrowland riding the Indy Speedway with his family.>>

Not that this has anything to do with Disney, but if you can ever see him perform in Vegas (or elsewhere) do so. Even if you think you won't enjoy him, you're likely wrong. He is a performer!

<<The sidewalk is cracking very badly at the main bridge entrance to Tomorrowland. I almost tripped it's so bad. It needs to be fixed pronto.>>

Been like that for a while ... much of the MK needs to be repaved, but won't be. And certainly not with expensive brick-work like DL.

<<Splash Mountain is under rehab.>>

Not the real 3-4 month closure that it desperately needs.

<<Tarzan ROCKS is reported to be closing for good in Jan to accomidate the last of the holiday season crowds. So see it while you can.>>

Yes and it's replacement will NOT be Nemo-themed despite everything popping up saying that.

<<Everest has a tentative schedule now:

Dec... Imagineer openings... (Not really sure what that means... Perhaps Imagineers and their families?)
    Late Feb or March... AP & Cast Previews>>

I'll be there for MLK weekend in January and I have a very good feeling about riding.

• I was deleted.

As far as HM goes, the main reasson for updating it was to put in a new track. Anything else was just gravy.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    Great update, Bill.

Are these going to be weekly now? I need my Mouse fix ...
    Hopefully... though Thanksgiving Weekend Update will come from the Disneyland Exhibit in Dearborn at The Henry Ford. And from Disneyland Resort on Dec 15th!!!

Just a few comments on yours:
    ok...
    <<The Haunted Mansion is still in need of a better rehab. I didn't notice any improvements since before the last mini-rehab.>>

I believe, but am not 100% certain, that this 'rehab' was strictly a mechanical chewing gum and wire fix to keep the attraction running. There was no cleaning, refreshing, fixing or updating of anything show related.
    ah, ok. Too bad.
    <<Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith is being sold at almost every register in every park for the low price of $15.99. Get yours today!>>

I noticed this two weeks ago and couldn't figure out why. They are doing more of a hard-sell on this than they are with the Cinderella Special Ed. All I can think of is Disney is trying hard to get back in George Lucas's good graces and maybe George has a vacation at WDW upcoming!
    See, I think that George is making Disney do this before he'll come back to Disney for another Lucas ride! (Or an update to Star Tours)

<<The long time Vegas showman Wayne Newton was in the Magic Kingdom last night. He was in Tomorrowland riding the Indy Speedway with his family.>>

Not that this has anything to do with Disney, but if you can ever see him perform in Vegas (or elsewhere) do so. Even if you think you won't enjoy him, you're likely wrong. He is a performer!
    Yup, he is awesome. Saw him at MGM Grand a few years back, when MGM had a theme park there. LOL

<<The sidewalk is cracking very badly at the main bridge entrance to Tomorrowland. I almost tripped it's so bad. It needs to be fixed pronto.>>

Been like that for a while ... much of the MK needs to be repaved, but won't be. And certainly not with expensive brick-work like DL.
    Honestly... brickwork may be more expensive, but I don't like it in most places... I prefer either the themed paths (Like AK has and Adventureland near the Magic Carpets) or just the plain old slabs. Call me odd. Ha!
    <<Splash Mountain is under rehab.>>

Not the real 3-4 month closure that it desperately needs.
    Yeah... very true.
    <<Tarzan ROCKS is reported to be closing for good in Jan to accomidate the last of the holiday season crowds. So see it while you can.>>

Yes and it's replacement will NOT be Nemo-themed despite everything popping up saying that.
    I've heard that before... (about the Nemo thing being wrong...)
    I've also heard that Joe absolutely hates that area of the park anyway. He is demanding that the theater be enclosed and that it be re-themed to fit in with Dinoland. Hopefully that is true.

<<Everest has a tentative schedule now:

Late Feb or March... AP & Cast Previews>>

I'll be there for MLK weekend in January and I have a very good feeling about riding.
    Hmmm... so do I.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    The Epcot Character Connection, a new concept for character Meet and Greets, will open in what was most recently the Food and Wine Festival Center. It replaces the Characters on Holiday Bus.
    Description please? If it's a new concept, what's it about?

DINOSAUR's first Carnatorus is out for rehab... a little pop-up dino is in it's place. It kinda looks really cheap. LOL. Note that this was observed last week, I just forgot to post it, so the info might already be outdated.
    Is this ride essentially a whole bunch of jump scenes popping out of the dark? That's the impression I've been getting, and I think I may actually not go on it and try Indy instead (true story: never been on Indy in two visits to DL) in May or something.

Late Feb or March... AP & Cast Previews
    *cheer*

Hello. You say "The Magic Kingdom Christmas Tree will be moved back into Town Square in Early December after the Christmas Day Parade is filmed during the first week of Dec."

Do you know what day and time the filming is??

Thanks....

According to MouseSavers, the parade will be taping December 2nd and 3rd. No times listed, however.

Thanks for the update, Bill. Looking forward to our trip in 10 days!

Thanks for the dates. Will just miss it. We are at WDW starting 12/4 thru 12/11.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    Description please? If it's a new concept, what's it about?
    The Character Connection is basically a mega meet and greet... similar to the Fantasyland Character Festival. It's not really new from our standpoint, it's simply new becuase it's one moving line to meet them all rather than seperate lines for each character. It's just a better way to greet I suppose.

Is this ride essentially a whole bunch of jump scenes popping out of the dark? That's the impression I've been getting, and I think I may actually not go on it and try Indy instead (true story: never been on Indy in two visits to DL) in May or something.
    Go on both. They're both great rides in their own right. And Dinosaur isn't jump outs everywhere. It may seem like it at times, but there is so much more. I swear I see something new every time I go. The animatronic running Carnator is one of the most advanced AAs I've ever seen, and it's said to be similar to the Yeti on Everest, just on a much smaller scale. Bottom line... ride it if the wait is less than 20 min, or if you get a Fast Pass. Otherwise skip it.

• Sock Puppet

Wait so WHICH Carnotaur is out exactly? The running one or the first/yelling one.

• Banned User

The first one is missing and was replaced temp. with a cheap pop up head...

Def. not our Dino, go go go!

Hopefully... though Thanksgiving Weekend Update will come from the Disneyland Exhibit in Dearborn at The Henry Ford. And from Disneyland Resort on Dec 15th!!!
    Have fun!

I'll beat you to DL though as I'm heading there for a day next week (and just found out I'm going to DLP for the first time in May!!!!!!!)

<<Yup, he is awesome. Saw him at MGM Grand a few years back, when MGM had a theme park there. LOL>>

I knew there had to be 1 or 2 people out there, other than myself, that actually visited MGM Grand Adventures or whatever it was called. I only remember a raft ride that ruined some shoes and a rolley coaster in the dark ... oh yeah, and no other visitors in the middle of Spring Break. I may get tix to see Wayne again if he's performing in Vegas next week.

<<Honestly... brickwork may be more expensive, but I don't like it in most places... I prefer either the themed paths (Like AK has and Adventureland near the Magic Carpets) or just the plain old slabs. Call me odd. Ha!>>

OK, you're odd.

I love the pavers they installed at DL and the look of the F-Land paths. I really don't care whether they use bricks or not, at the MK or other parks, so long as they maintain them. They aren't at the MK, that's for sure.

<<I've heard that before... (about the Nemo thing being wrong...)
    I've also heard that Joe absolutely hates that area of the park anyway. He is demanding that the theater be enclosed and that it be re-themed to fit in with Dinoland. Hopefully that is true. >>

I haven't talked with him about that the few times I've been lucky to speak with him, but I can believe it. I would say the Tarzan Rocks area is not really themed, which I could see bothering him. It has a generic theme park theater feeling to it. Like you could stick it at any park USA and it would fit. Unlike everything else in the park.

The first one is missing and was replaced temp. with a cheap pop up head...

Def. not our Dino, go go go!
    Sounds like really bad show ... and something they never would have done a decade ago. It would have been closed until it was completely operational.

• Banned User

wow.. You did get your up before me..

</procrastination>

lol

I "could" have had the MK stuff up... but you did better.. (i got better poster picture..)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast