Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Person killed by bus at Walt Disney World

Disney bus involved in deadly accident

Seems another bus accident, this time at Port Orleans, leaving a 69 year old man dead. He was crossing not in a crosswalk and the bus driver didn't have time to stop. Police are still investigating.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Re: Person killed by bus at Walt Disney World

This is sad and tragic. How tragic to lose a loved one on your christmas vacation. GET RID OF THE BUS SYSTEM!

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    This is sad and tragic. How tragic to lose a loved one on your christmas vacation. GET RID OF THE BUS SYSTEM!
    The bus system has nothing to do with this accident. The man walked in front of the bus. He could have just as easily walked in front of any other vehicle that would still be at the Resort, regardless of what Disney Transportation utilizes. The constant ignoring of facts and reality in these sad cases only works to diminish the respectability of the arguments against the current bus system and those making the arguments. There are plenty of reasons to dislike and advocate against the bus system, but there is absolutely no need to try and twist tragedy to the cause.

• Nutty about Disney parks

Oy...that's all I can say really.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    Disney bus involved in deadly accident

Seems another bus accident, this time at Port Orleans, leaving a 69 year old man dead. He was crossing not in a crosswalk and the bus driver didn't have time to stop. Police are still investigating.
    Saw the news on a facebook post from another site.

One dead in accident involving Disney World bus - Disney News

Link to that one.

Have not seen anything on the major news services yet.
    Last edited by penguinsoda; 12-26-2010 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Link to non partner site removed per board policy

SEMPER ABSURDA

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    The bus system has nothing to do with this accident. The man walked in front of the bus. He could have just as easily walked in front of any other vehicle that would still be at the Resort, regardless of what Disney Transportation utilizes. The constant ignoring of facts and reality in these sad cases only works to diminish the respectability of the arguments against the current bus system and those making the arguments. There are plenty of reasons to dislike and advocate against the bus system, but there is absolutely no need to try and twist tragedy to the cause.
    Agree^ This is not a result of Disney choosing to use buses verus boat/monorail/other and out of respect for the deceased should not be presented as such.

• Not here to help

Again?! WOW!
    They really do not get the hint to build a more complete monorail system over at WDW.
    I wonder who is next up to end under a bus at Walt Disney´s World...
    RIP
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Knight that says Nee!!

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    Again?! WOW!
    They really do not get the hint to build a more complete monorail system over at WDW.
    RIP
    Probably the next person to cross the bus rout with out using the crosswalk and who steps in front of the bus.

If we read a report about a guy who was running in the pool area of one of the hotels (where it is posted no running) and he slips and is injured and killed, will people rally to have the pools throughout the resort closed?

Holy crap. Again?

Get rid of the bus system? why dont't we get rid of cars alltogether?

I feel so sorry for the family.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Nutty about Disney parks

I posted this in the news thread but I think the real culprit here was something that was out of anyone's control. The moderate resorts are not really designed for convenience. The layout of having each moderate resort surrounded by a body of water required buses to drive within the resorts and pick up at several depots. And driving within a resort poses its risks as the last incident with the boy who was killed riding his bike in Ft Wilderness has proven.

Map again.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    Again?! WOW!
    RIP
    Maybe you should get the hint that this incident, nor the one at Fort Wilderness, has anything to do with the bus system. This is the fault of physics, not anybody at Disney.

The busses never really go that fast either. I always hated driving behind them.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

This was more the pedestrian's fault as they were not using a crosswalk. They stepped in the path of a moving bus. You have no idea how many times I've had to slam on my brakes (at WDW and in my own neighborhood) to avoid hitting some yahoo who suddenly darts out into the street.

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

Ok this is starting to become truely epicly tragic, while both these cases are because the pedestrians did not properly follow the walkway, crosswalk, bike path, whathaveyou. This still should be another arguement for a more elevated transit system, even if it is light rail elevated tracks and NOT a monorail obviously something needs to be done to remove the transit system from the ground level at the resorts where these accidents have been occuring. This is obviously becoming more and more an issue as people are using less and less common sense.

The buses I believe drive at 15 mph I have yet to be stuck behind one that didn't hug that speed limit like a childs safety blanket, yet these types of accidents continue to occur. Maybe the speed limit needs to be reduced further, until a more permanent solution can be found.

Still I feel for the family having to deal with this tragedy the day after Christmas.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

Wow. That guy needed to have his brain checked out. "I think I'll walk right out in front of a moving bus!" thought the man.

Feel sorry for his family, but this is not the bus driver, nor the systems fault. If you see some guy running across a highway, you try to drive around him, right? Well there might be a driver who does see the guy on the highway and SPLAT. Man dead. All because he was to stupid to cross a highway. It's not the systems fault, it's the stupidity of the man.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast