• MiceAge Columnist

MK 40th Anniversary "40x40" Meet - Mickey's House (meet #1)

I’m holding an unofficial, fan-driven appreciation of all forty rides/shows in the Magic Kingdom in honor of its 40th birthday. Since I want to finish on the 40th weekend (which just happens to be the day of the 40th birthday), we have to start on January 1. We’ll meet every Saturday at 2pm, in the Enchanted Grove frozen drinks eatery. We refer to this area privately as the “Enchanted bathroom” (there are restrooms nearby). No RSVP is required, but anyone who shows up can expect a free handout from me celebrating the “ride of the week” and giving some trivia. I’d love to meet you on your vacation to Orlando, so drop by if you can!

The first meeting is Saturday, Jan. 1, for Mickey's House.

Here's the full meeting schedule.
    Kevin Yee
    MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
    Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
    Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
    Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
    Mouse Trap
    Tokyo Disney Made Easy
    101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
    Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Re: MK 40th Anniversary "40x40" Meet - Mickey's House (meet #1)

I plan on being there, if I may. I have a training session all morning, so it depends on if I get out alive!

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• MiceAge Columnist

Re: MK 40th Anniversary "40x40" Meet - Mickey's House (meet #1)

Cool! I hope you come by. It's not ideal to have the first meet right after the New Year's Eve festivities (it will be epcot for us), but it can't be helped. Hopefully 2pm is late enough
    Kevin Yee
    MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
    Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
    Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
    Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
    Mouse Trap
    Tokyo Disney Made Easy
    101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
    Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather