Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What can a 1 year old ride at WDW?

This is my first post, although I've beena long-time lurker here.

In february my sister is planning to take my nephew on his very first WDW Trip. My nephew will be 16 months old then and we really aren't sure what if any rides she can take him on.

Obviously rides like space mountain are out, lol.

Do any of you know if there are rides that a child of his size can be taken on?

im thinking rides like winnie the pooh and small world would be okay, but I'm just not sure.

any help or insight that you can provide would be helpful!

Re: What can a 1 year old ride at WDW?

Hm. It's A Small World, Peter Pan's Flight, The Magic Carpets of Aladdin, Dumbo the Flying Elephant, Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, The Great Movie Ride, and the list goes on.

I mean he can ride a ton of rides. Mainly those of which without a height requirement. It's more about what she deems suitable as some rides will have loud noises and flashing lights. But if it's just the fact that you're unsure of whether or not he can go on any rides then you need not worry.

And are you only going to MK? at Epcot, he could go on the ride in Mexico, Living with the land, The Seas with Nemo, & SSE.

At Animal kingdom there is Kilaminjaro Safaris, and a few carnival rides in Dinoland
    Where hinges creak in doorless chambers and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls...Whenever candle lights flicker, where the air is deathly still...That is the time when ghosts are present

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Since listing all the rides suitable for 1 year olds would be too long I will list all the rides not suitable for 1 year olds.

In the Magic Kingdom a 1 year old can ride anything except:

Stitch's Great Escape
    Space Mountain
    Splash Mountain
    Big Thunder Mountain

In Epcot a 1 year old can ride anything except:

Test Track
    Mission: SPACE

In the Hollywood Studios a 1 year old can ride anything except:

Tower of Terror
    Rock N Roller Coaster

In the Animal Kingdom a 1 year old can ride anything except:

Expedition Everest
    Dinosaur
    It's Tough to Be a Bug (?)
    Kali River Rapids
    Primeval Whirl

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

I excluded Ellen's Energy Adventure and Maelstrom because they're loud and/or potentially frightening to young children. Although, my baby sister didn't have problems with even the Haunted Mansion until she was 2 or 3 because she didn't really make the connection yet that it was supposed to be scary.
    Where hinges creak in doorless chambers and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls...Whenever candle lights flicker, where the air is deathly still...That is the time when ghosts are present

• formerly very helpful

I won't mention specific rides, because there are too many. CaptEOATIS had a good list of what's forbidden. I will say we took my son at 13 months, and my daughter at about 16 months. There was a lot for them to do, and they loved it. My son could have spent hours in EPCOT at the Living Seas watching the fish. Small World was loved by both. They literally danced in the ride.
    The only thing as a parent/uncle you need to keep in mind is that he won't have any real lasting memories of the trip. The trip will all be "in the moment" experiences. The adults, however will have lasting memories of his experience.

Also, babies can get overwhelmed by the massive sensory overload caused by the commotion in the parks. Your nephew may likely need a few breaks durring the day. Each park has a baby center where they can eat, change diapers, some supplies can be purchased, or just a quiet break from the commotion. We used the baby centers a lot when the kids were little. It may be just the thing to stop a meltdown before it starts.

• Happy Haunt

I agree with CaptainEO,ATIS list about rides not to do. I'd add Soaring to Epcot.

It's Tough To Be a Bug is scary. I did the show for the first time when I was 22 and sat in the second row and got scared. At one point it got really foggy and you really couldn't see but I could hear people shouting and see stuff falling from the ceiling. I now sit in the back where the whole experience is less intense.

In Magic Kingdom in terms of rides I'd say all of Fantasyland, Adventureland, and ToonTown are good for a 1 year old. Some of Tomorrowland like TTA and Buzz are fine. Frontierland has Country Bear Jamboree which he might enjoy.

Thanks everyone!

That's pretty much what I had thought and had told her, but I thought it best to check.

I appreciate the help very much :-)

• Hello there

Blog Entries

I also would not take the baby to Philharmagic. I took my daughter in there not realizing how loud it was and had to walk out mid show since the noise and booming was just too mych for her.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

I have four kids and my experience is the one-to-two year olds don't know they're supposed to be scared of anything yet. (except for It's Tought to Be a Bug. That's one scary show!) enjoy!

• Minion

ORDDU: I wouldn't even recommend taking a baby that young to a theme park of any kind. It's rather risky and if they cry a lot it ends up ruining the magic for all involved. I'd say wait until they're old enough to enjoy the experience.

• formerly very helpful

You all know your own kids, but my children as babies/toddlers never had a problem with any of the mentioned attractions. They even really liked Tough to be a Bug.

we took my daughter at 18 mos. she loved winnie the pooh, peter pan, small world, dumbo, tiki room, jungle cruise. at epcot she loved Nemo, Spaceship earth, and the Mexico boat ride featuring the three cabelleros. there is plenty to do besides rides for a toddler. like mickey's toontown and all the shows and parades. HAVE FUN!

also the honey i shrunk the kids playset at hollywood studios was a big hit with her at 18 months

PeopleMover? Though parts of it are in the dark...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast