Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Pixar Pals Countdown to Fun Parade

This is the new parade? I lol'd. Get Steve Davison to do your parades, please, WDW.

I almost feel bad that Disneyland consistently keeps getting the superior entertainment...

Not trying to be optimistic, but could it be that the Remy, Carl, and Mr Incredible "floats" are just stand ins for real floats that are way behind schedule. Somewhere along the grapevine I thought I heard that Ratatoille and Incredible floats were coming from California because they were no longer going to fit under the new Red Car Trolley cable system. OK, I'm taking off the rose colored glasses now.....

But in all seriousness, I'm hoping for a couple of float swap-outs within the next few weeks. And if it ends up staying as is, well, I don't know what to say, by jaw is still on the ground. I will give the soundtrack a thumbs up though.
    WDW-'73,'76,'77,'78,'79,'80,'81,'82,'86,'91,'95,'96,'9 7,'99,'00,'01,'02,'03,'05,'06,'07,
    Jan'08,Feb'08,Sept'09,Feb'10,Apr'10,Sept'10,Jan'11 ,Apr'11,May'11,Sept'11,Dec'11,Mar'12,May'12,Sept/Oct'12,Nov'12
    DL-
    '79,'81,'84,'91,'05,'07,'10

I do not understand the surprise in this thread. The disappointment.... I get that. But not the surprise. I know I was not the only one in this forum that speculated that the "new" parade would be this exactly. Totally on the money with what my expectations and many others from this group. DCA's Pixar Parade soundtrack, same BPB floats. Honestly I am a bit surprise they repainted the smaller toy block like floats and are still using two of the cones at the end. I still think this parade, as bad as it is compared to BPB, its still better then MK's current 3pm offering.

• Banned User

They could have at least not looped the same song 500 times.

what ever happend to that plane were Disneyland parades would be shipped to WDW and then cycled like that? Seemed like such a good idea that was never followed through on...
    "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

WDW probably did not want to pay Disneyland resort for the parade and Disneyland resort probably figured that insteda they wanted to keep it to continue having somekind of entertainment for DCA until be able to bring back the parade for a few months before a new one premiers.

At that point we might see PPP move to WDW if they want to buy it and maybe keep it in tact.

As for this parade, its really bad. They could have at least painted those blocks with soemthing more creative. How about making the blocks for "UP" look like rocks stacked up and then turn the springs into trees and have the head of the bird sticking out.

The block float for Mr. Incredible could have been painted to look like a cityscape.

It was just wierd seeing these big themed floats for Monsters inc and Bugslife next to the aweful block filler floats is just wrong

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Quote Originally Posted by stevo505 View Post
    They could have at least not looped the same song 500 times.
    Yea, that's a good point. It really only uses the first Act of the Pixar Play Parade, which has a different tune for each float. Just a sad state of affairs for over there. Fully copy the PPP, it's good, but don't half-attempt it like they did here.
    -Monorail Man

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

I just want to shake some people by the shoulders at Team Disney, and scream at them "You work at WALT DISNEY WORLD!" Over 9 million people visit Disney Hollywood Studios a year. This parade isn't worthy of those 9,000,000 people's hard earned money!
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Minion

ORDDU: My sisters and I swooped down into DHS this past Sunday, 1/16/11, to see this new parade and, while we weren't surprised by what we witnessed, we still had hopes that it would be better than it was.

ORWEN: There was a nice family standing next to us and after the parade was over they immediately said, "That was all? This parade is too short!"

ORDDU: We agree with those who believe certain management types should be fired for shortchanging Disney guests the way they obviously have.

There's so much wrong with this parade that I'm just going to list the GOOD things. Or at least what I felt was good about it.

1. Monsters Inc float design
    2. Toy Story float design
    3. Bugs Life float design

All of the other floats are crap. It is way to short. Couldn't they add McQueen and Mater to lengthen that thing for like 20 seconds? On a bright note, I didn't know that the Stick Bug was even a character that you could meet!

If they can't figure out what a good parade is, why don't they just bring back the stars and motorcars parade? It was a LOT longer than this, and it had a lot more variety. Yeah, they may need to update it for it to work. Like replacing that JOjo's circus float with something current, but it would be a lot better than this.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

This literally must be the MOST inexpensive parade to run. Can someone go back and count the number of cast members in this? My guess is about 20.

• Theming Fan

Someplace much to far from anything Disney.

I'm probably in the minority, but I quite like the Toy Story and Monsters Inc. floats. Nice detail and such. Rest of the parade is pretty poor, though.
    Please keep your hands, arms, feet, and legs inside the forum at all times.
    Check out my bandcamp!
    http://chaseharrison1.bandcamp.com/

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by Ukulele Guy View Post
    I'm probably in the minority, but I quite like the Toy Story and Monsters Inc. floats. Nice detail and such. Rest of the parade is pretty poor, though.
    well Toy Story, Monsters Inc, and Bugs Life are just recycled floats from Block Party Bash, and are missing a number of their show elements, the UP, Rattaouille, and Incredible floats were filler floats in the Block Party Bash...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Here are some images of the original floats

I love how the Characters would pop out almost like a jack-in-the-box

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

now lets look at the new floats...

again, someone needs to be fired.