Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: Pixar Pals Countdown to Fun Parade

PATHETIC. And the Disney shills wonder why we scream and rant about sliding quality at Disney World. Open your eyes folks! It doesn't take a genius to pull the plug on crap like this. Someone at Disney approved this parade and thought that it was good enough to get away with.

NOTE TO DISNEY MANAGEMENT: Time to clear out the dead wood and bring in some folks who actually give a crap about quality and understand what Disney-class entertainment means.

Disney World is in some serious trouble. And Meg Crofton (President of Walt Disney World) wonders why the fans hate her. Look at the garbage you are allowing to pollute your parks Meg! You'd have been better off to cancel the parade altogether and offer NOTHING than show people how little you really know about Walt Disney World and what your guests EXPECT from an expensive Disney vacation.

You're on borrowed time Meg. If there was any hope you'd redeem yourself and save your job, that time has passed. Perhaps Paul Pressler is hiring, the two of you should get along just fine!
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Rrrrreecite!

wow that parade=total fail!

• Circle of Ancients

I'm not a "parade" person, so the length of this one is perfect as far as I'm concerned.

Other than the music and the re-used Block Party Bash floats (Bugs, Monsters, Toy Story) I can't think of any other good thing to say about this parade. The Ratatouille, Incredibles and Up "floats" are an absolute disgrace.

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    You'd have been better off to cancel the parade altogether and offer NOTHING than show people how little you really know about Walt Disney World and what your guests EXPECT from an expensive Disney vacation.
    I rarely agree with this type of sentiment, but in this case, I think it's entirely correct. It would be better off to have guests wonder when they'll be bringing in a new parade than to put out this kind of low quality production. It looks like they let high school interns develop the parade, with no adult supervision and little more than a few used floats. At a town fair, this might be a decent parade. At a Disney park, it is well below what people have come to expect.

I feel bad for the performers. They have to know that the parade is boring and weak, yet they have to keep their happy faces on the whole time.
    Fight On! Beat the Utes!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

I kept watching hoping for something wonderful to happen. The only wonderful part was that it ended and I didn't have to watch it anymore. I didn't know anything could have been worse than Celebrate :-( I guess I was WAY off on that one.

•   
    • Main Street VIPs

Why does the second float say "Davison's" on the front?
    Rick

• Keeper of the fruit rolls

Those boxy-filler "floats" were not too bad in their original form but trying to pass them off as the main elements of a parade is pathetic. They uglied them up for this and cut most of the entertainment out of it. The recycled real floats were good. Toy Story float is espcially cute. That soundtrack got on my nerves by the end of the short parade. The 2 song loop isn't bad songs but got old quick. If they add a 3rd and 4th section to the soundtrack it'd be fine...especially if it was specific to the characters you see as it's playing.
    I'm so glad that the Original D has such high standards still. I hope WDW finally learns something from DLR and that DLR don't EVER take lessons from WDW!
    -Jennelle AKA Blue AKA Dory

Quote Originally Posted by drphibes View Post
    SBF's lasso of truth makes grown men want to go pee pee.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendGonzo View Post
    Have you considered buying a bed?...as far as I can tell you live in an apartment with a computer, a coupon for hungry howies, and there may or may not be a llama there...
    DLR trips in 2011: Jan 12,29,30, Feb 10, March 29, April 3, 22, May 14, 18, 25, June 9, August 8, 21...hopefully soooooooooon

FB, Twitter

• Keeper of the fruit rolls

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    I don't get it. So the fun at the end of the countdown was a pair of giant traffic cones?

YAY CONES!!!!!!

The giant traffic cones are exciting because it means that the piece of crap is over and you can actually go find something better to do with your time!
    -Jennelle AKA Blue AKA Dory

Quote Originally Posted by drphibes View Post
    SBF's lasso of truth makes grown men want to go pee pee.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendGonzo View Post
    Have you considered buying a bed?...as far as I can tell you live in an apartment with a computer, a coupon for hungry howies, and there may or may not be a llama there...
    DLR trips in 2011: Jan 12,29,30, Feb 10, March 29, April 3, 22, May 14, 18, 25, June 9, August 8, 21...hopefully soooooooooon

FB, Twitter

I can understand people killing this parade for its awfulness. It is indeed awful.

What I don't understand is why anybody thought Block Party Bash was any better.

At least this parade does not stop. It keeps moving until all the crap has safely exited Hollywood Studios, hidden out of sight for another 24 hours.

BPB had those awful show stops, with tacky "pop music" (if by "pop" you mean the ever-relevant Gloria Estafan). Otherwise, it's the same parade. so they painted some oversized child's building blocks to look like blocks of cheese and stuck Remy on it? How is that any different than it was before?

I for one am thankful to see the show stops go. Get crappy WDW entertainment out of my face as quickly as possible, do not stop and bludgeon me for extra minutes with it. My kids don't need a "magical moment" at the expense of my brain cells.

BPB was horrible. This is more of the same, but shorter. That's a step in the right direction.

And do not fool yourselves. Disneyland's entertainment is equally bad. All these filler parades and character shows are a mockery on the Disney name.
    -Shane

An obsession with arcane, obscure, and absurd secrets of Walt Disney World

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch626626 View Post
    If they can't figure out what a good parade is, why don't they just bring back the stars and motorcars parade? It was a LOT longer than this, and it had a lot more variety. Yeah, they may need to update it for it to work. Like replacing that JOjo's circus float with something current, but it would be a lot better than this.
    Stars and Motorcars was sent to Walt Disney Studios Paris where it currently is running.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hazelrah View Post
    I can understand people killing this parade for its awfulness. It is indeed awful.

What I don't understand is why anybody thought Block Party Bash was any better.
    I think you hit upon why people are so upset. Block Party Bash wasn't a very good parade, but it did have energy and a good cast. What WDW did was replace it with something even worse.

It all reeks of disdain for the guests. Recycled floats, fewer castmembers and lower cost are the recipe for a parade that only an accountant could love.

Who's minding the store at WDW these days? How could a parade this bad get produced and released?
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Minion

ORWEN: We went and called Walt Disney World to complain today--which was pretty tricky since we don't even have a cellulite phone or any other kind of phone. We told the Pest Relations person what we thought of the new parade and she transferred us to somebody at the 'Help Desk' who listened to our complaint all over again. This second person then transferred us to a third person in the Entertainment Dept., who wasn't even there. So we left a message telling THAT one how awful we thought this new parade was. Don't know if it'll do any good. But at least 3 cauldron girls have let their opinions to be known!!!

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

From the creators of Stitch's Great Escape, Disneyland's Innoventions, The Tiki Room: Under New Managment, Light Magic, and Great Moments With Mr. Eisner - Pixar Pals Countdown to Fun Parade!

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• Banned User

Just saying, Light Magic was leaps and bounds better than this.
    Last edited by Ice101; 01-17-2011 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Gramatical issues

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    Who's minding the store at WDW these days? How could a parade this bad get produced and released?
    Same people who produced Disney Dance Crew at DCA is my guess.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)