Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Minion

Re: New Snow White and Seven Dwarf coaster is exacty what Disney should be buidling!

ORWEN: Well, us cauldron girls had read that the princess meet and greet in the former Snow White dark ride would only be temporary, anyhow. Someone here on MiceChat had said this a while back. Eventually Snow White's current dark ride is supposed to be turned into a dark ride for either Sleeping Beauty or Rapunzel according to the person who posted this on another thread a while back. Then a more permanent meet and greet for the princesses would be built over where the former sky way now is. We'll eventually see if this all happens.

• Inappropriate

Re: New Snow White and Seven Dwarf coaster is exacty what Disney should be buidling!

"Temporary" in Disney World means 15 years or more!

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzapants View Post
    "Temporary" in Disney World means 15 years or more!
    20+ in terms of Birthdayland/Starland/Toontown Fair.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

I don't understand why they don't build a new attraction to replace Snow White immediately. Wouldn't it make more sense to just build another ride? They could even keep the same track. Just retheme it.

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch626626 View Post
    I don't understand why they don't build a new attraction to replace Snow White immediately. Wouldn't it make more sense to just build another ride? They could even keep the same track. Just retheme it.
    Cuz theyre so desperate for their big giant Princess Meet n Greet is why.

I agree. What happened to the plans to locate the meet n greet by the old skyway?
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

Are they EVER going to do anything with the skyway station? It just sits there an rots. How long has it been closed anyways? Most tourists just bypass it wondering what it is. I went twice and it wasn't until I got back from my second trip did I realize what it was. At least they could throw a tarp over it. To keep people from walking up the ramp.

I think they have every intention of keeping the Meet and Greet but keep referring to it as temporary so they don't look cheap. Trust me, one year after opening they'll be an announcement that due to popular demand it will become a permanent fixture in the park.

However, if they are being honest and are actually desperate for a dark ride.... there is a certain Toad that could use the space. I know, I know, it'll never happen, but if theres one thing Uncle Walt taught us its a man can dream.

• and too all a good fright

There is a certain darkness that SWSA brings to fantasyland that really captures the spirit of the grimm fairytales. I hope the evil queen is not left out of the new coaster.

Why does everyone want Toad back? Was it really that great a ride? I found it quite boring compared to peter pan. I just don't understand what's so great about the ride that it's become a legend on this site. Of how the toad was smashed by the bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORWEN: Well, us cauldron girls had read that the princess meet and greet in the former Snow White dark ride would only be temporary, anyhow. Someone here on MiceChat had said this a while back. Eventually Snow White's current dark ride is supposed to be turned into a dark ride for either Sleeping Beauty or Rapunzel according to the person who posted this on another thread a while back. Then a more permanent meet and greet for the princesses would be built over where the former sky way now is. We'll eventually see if this all happens.
    Yes this is correct. It will be Temporary, just like the Mickey Star Land Tents.

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch626626 View Post
    Why does everyone want Toad back? Was it really that great a ride? I found it quite boring compared to peter pan. I just don't understand what's so great about the ride that it's become a legend on this site. Of how the toad was smashed by the bear.
    This brilliantly put-together photo essay on Widen Your World describes the merits of WDW's Toad as well as can be done. Definitely worth a read:
    Widen Your World - Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

dp

Toad was just the perfect dark ride. Duel track, great nuttiness, it was accessible for any age, had a great gleeful dark humor to it, and didn't just retell the story. I personally don't hate Pooh, its a good ride itself, but I'll take Toad over anything currently in Fantasyland.

• 1st visit 1975

The old Snow White ride should be replaced with someting NEW. Not an old ride or a copy.

How about Sleeping Beauty!

Not just a girls ride either:

Sleeping Beauty's Prince Phillips Adventure

This is solely my opinion, but I think putting a meet and greet area inside the old Snow White ride is a good idea. It takes two or three meet and greets and condenses it into one. Meet and greet characters need an air conditioned, dry location to meet with guests. The likely reason why they don't use the old skyway station is because it may not be in very good shape and people with wheelchairs may have trouble getting to it. I don't think that we should beg for change and then when the change comes,we are all all upset about it. Keeping every attraction for ever and ever is not abiding by Walt's wishes. They are building a new attraction in leu of this attraction. One that is shiny and new and has a brand new "Concept" to it. I have a big nostalgia for old attractions, but lets face it. We have to support new endeavors. You can still get Snow White in California and soon, we'll only be able to see the new attraction there. The parks.... for now... are going to be even more unique.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast