Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Re: New Snow White and Seven Dwarf coaster is exacty what Disney should be buidling!

The problem I have with the Meet N Greet idea is it will only attract to girls (unless boys like princesses). A ride that attracts all audiences should go in it's place for capacity. Not a silly Meet N Greet. Whatever happened to walk around characters?

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• Characters are my friends

Re: New Snow White and Seven Dwarf coaster is exacty what Disney should be buidling!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEO,ATIS View Post
    The problem I have with the Meet N Greet idea is it will only attract to girls (unless boys like princesses). A ride that attracts all audiences should go in it's place for capacity. Not a silly Meet N Greet. Whatever happened to walk around characters?
    It became too unsafe for them. Plus this way it's easier for people to meet the characters
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
    May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
    May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
    May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
    Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
    Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
    May 16, 2010~ Fulltime
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 07, Spring 08, Fall 08, Spring 09

Having walk around characters in Florida is pretty dangerous considering the heat. Also, rain. Just having characters walk around means that when it rains, there are no characters.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Metro-Retro Historian

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    Having walk around characters in Florida is pretty dangerous considering the heat. Also, rain. Just having characters walk around means that when it rains, there are no characters.
    I don't see how it is any more or less dangerous than Southern California's similar heat. I also don't imagine that anyone would want to stand around in a downpour to get their picture taken with Bre'er Bear, so not having them out in the rain would hardly matter.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

• Minion

Hardly a 'new' ride system though? Revisiting a failed concept would be more apt.

California has dry heat. Florida has very humid heat. Also, a building will allow people to stand in line, not in the pouring rain. I think the downside of not having them out in the rain is that guests won't be able to see the characters... I think thats more of a guest satisfaction issue.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

It's only temporary, remember. SWSA will be gutted and (I'm guessing cheaply) redone for the M&G and the space will eventually be filled with a new ride, possibly Pinoccio. So let's not get too worked up over it.
    Where hinges creak in doorless chambers and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls...Whenever candle lights flicker, where the air is deathly still...That is the time when ghosts are present

I loved that they designed such detailed spaces out of those films and tried to make the meet and great experience real and unique like going and seeing that character (even if I had no interest in doing it myself). So I do kind of wish we got to see it done and Cinderella and Aurora's houses looked very beautiful and if the transformation of Cinderella had worked I'm sure it would be amazing. I hope we get to see that special effect incorporated into some sort of show in the future.

I am however very happy about the MK having a unique attraction with a unique ride system and lush, expanded Fantasyland. Now the part where they dropped the ball is removing SWSA for more generic meet and greets! Why do they think they always have to remove something to add something? There is plenty (PLENTY!) of unused space that could go in, one of them being the abandoned skyway building. I understand it would be redundant to have two Snow White rides but I wish they had gone the extra step and given us a new dark ride. It couldn't have been that hard and would have made Fantasyland even more special. Alice in Wonderland, Pinocchio, Tangled, take your pick!

EDIT: And I don't believe that "temporary" thing for a minute. It never actually happens.

From the looks of the concept art we're going to get either of 2 things with the meet and greet. It will either be extremely cheap and tacky because it's only temporary, or, it will be extremely well done because it's not going anywhere anytime soon.

• Metro-Retro Historian

Or extremely cheap and tacky and still not go anywhere anytime soon, like those Mickey's Birthdayland/Starland/Toontown Fair tents.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Or extremely cheap and tacky and still not go anywhere anytime soon, like those Mickey's Birthdayland/Starland/Toontown Fair tents.
    This. Notice the concept art didn't even look exciting. And doesn't it usually look way better than the actual attraction? It's just another tent marquee like the rest of the old Fantasyland with a meet and greet inside. If it were anything more I would think they would have hyped it that way.

• will-o-the-whip

"Temporary" in Disney-speak means at least 20 years.

Come on. The old tents from Mickey's Birthday land have got to have been better than they are today. At least they weren't rotted out.

Yeah that temporary thing is such bs. Look at that Narnia walk through over at DHS rotting away. Look at Innoventions. "Oh, we'll update it to reflect modern technology." Right. Why would they go to the trouble to build a whole meet and great area for these characters only to build an entirely new meet and greet for them a few years later?

Quote Originally Posted by giggling_gargoyles View Post
    It's only temporary, remember. SWSA will be gutted and (I'm guessing cheaply) redone for the M&G and the space will eventually be filled with a new ride, possibly Pinoccio. So let's not get too worked up over it.

i doubt a Pinnochio ride would ever take its place. If the area is really temporary like they say there is a bigger chance of it becoming a Tangled attraction.

That movie not only appeals to girls but also to boys and would be a much more logical choice

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast