Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

• TDS and TDL FUN times

Re: New Snow White and Seven Dwarf coaster is exacty what Disney should be buidling!

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    i doubt a Pinnochio ride would ever take its place. If the area is really temporary like they say there is a bigger chance of it becoming a Tangled attraction.

That movie not only appeals to girls but also to boys and would be a much more logical choice
    Agreed considering its Disneys most recent fairytale and its hot both in Box office and merchandising it would be great if disney could take it to the next level and put a classic Dark ride... Meet and Greets could always be relocated... my guess is they will make this look something like Princess Fantasy Faire that Disneyland currently has.

• Characters are my friends

Re: New Snow White and Seven Dwarf coaster is exacty what Disney should be buidling!

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    I don't see how it is any more or less dangerous than Southern California's similar heat. I also don't imagine that anyone would want to stand around in a downpour to get their picture taken with Bre'er Bear, so not having them out in the rain would hardly matter.
    It's not only because of weather. When the characters just walked around, they would get mobbed by guests (which still happens when they walk to/from their location). And it would be very hard for people to get their picture with the character without a ton of other people in there as well.
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL DreamJan 20-24, 2014: DCL MagicFeb 17/18, 2015 AS Music

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
    May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
    May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
    May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
    Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
    Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
    May 16, 2010~ Fulltime

• and too all a good fright

Quote Originally Posted by Joelio View Post
    Hardly a 'new' ride system though? Revisiting a failed concept would be more apt.
    huh? could you expand on this for those of us not in the know?

Back to topic, I am not THRILLED with the closure of an old classic like Snow White. Correct me of I'm wrong, but didn't Walt himself work on it? If continue to close classics like this, we might as well take the Walt out of Walt Disney World.

Also, I do like the fact they're putting something more appealing to guys in, as long as it tells a good story, I won't hate it like I hate Stitch.

One more thing: when it comes to put in a new dark ride in, what would they do. Besides Tangled, nothing currently built or "out there" seems to "fit." Alice and Pinocchio have their other attractions/dining to far from the site.

No wait, well it's possible, but it can't be! Could this actually be an opportunity to bring Mr. Toad's Wild Ride back to the Magic Kingdom!!!!!?????!!!!!?????!!!!!?????

Thoughts on anything I've said?

Tangled would make sense for a replacement ride, and I understand the problem they would have with adding Alice on the opposite side of Pooh away from the Tea Cups. I know the restaurant is on the opposite side of the carousel, but I really wish they'd add give Pinocchio a ride on the east coast. Because of this, I'm sort of bias against anything non-Pinocchio. Another film I think could make it as a replacement would be Sleeping Beauty. It'd be unique to that park and right now, I can't think of anything that has to do with Sleeping Beauty in Fantasyland. Can anyone else?

As for Toad, I don't see them returning an attraction after it's been gone only about 10 years.

• Nutty about Disney parks

If there gonna add any new dark rides in the future it would have to be something completely new as opposed to an old prexisting attraction like Toad, Alice, or Pinocchio.

The family is fired up about the new mine ride! As a musician, I'm looking forward to hearing the score that is played throughout...it's suppose to incorporate more of the film score on a broader scale.
    Now, if MK is plussing Fantasyland, how about the other dark rides? DL's Peter Pan ride is wonderful and could easily be adapted to MK. TDL has the best Pooh ride, why not reproduce it for MK? And wouldn't it be fantastic if Toad Hall 'magically' reappeared?!!
    Beggars can't be choosers, huh, so I guess I'll be happy to get the Mine Ride, Storybook Circus Land, and the Great Goofini!

May you be surrounded by your pals this holiday season!

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch626626 View Post
    As for Toad, I don't see them returning an attraction after it's been gone only about 10 years.
    Yeah, like how I don't see them bringing back a show starring Michael Jackson 15 years after it closed.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

While Mr. Toad was my favorite ride in Fantasyland (and I'm a huge fan of the film), I also wouldn't mind seeing a dark 'thrill' ride represented by "Ichabod Crane and the Headless Horseman", "Robin Hood", "Sword and the Stone", "Tangled" or even something from "Fantasia".

I'd encourage something not typically thought of, but beloved and unique nonetheless. Depending on the actual size/square footage of the SWSA property- it'd be exciting to see more of a thrill ride concept incorporated.

And as far as the gorgeous new concept art for Fantasyland- kudos! It seems very lush and pastoral. Hopefully there is spacing for literal forest and gardens in the Teutonic style of the Black Forest region of Germany (home to Brothers Grimm), as well as rococo art by Fragonard ("Girl on a Swing" was inspiration for "Tangled" concept art).

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEO,ATIS View Post
    Yeah, like how I don't see them bringing back a show starring Michael Jackson 15 years after it closed.
    That was different. Michael Jackson died encase you didn't notice. They brought it back as sort of a tribute to him because of his death. I don't think Toad has died yet. Maybe with the general public he has, but he's never died on screen. They are 2 completely different things.

[QUOTE=ryran75;1056407591]While Mr. Toad was my favorite ride in Fantasyland (and I'm a huge fan of the film), I also wouldn't mind seeing a dark 'thrill' ride represented by "Ichabod Crane and the Headless Horseman", "Robin Hood", "Sword and the Stone", "Tangled" or even something from "Fantasia".

I'd encourage something not typically thought of, but beloved and unique nonetheless. Depending on the actual size/square footage of the SWSA property- it'd be exciting to see more of a thrill ride concept incorporated.
    QUOTE]

I think that The story of the Headless Horseman would be the best choice, it'd give a good thrilling dark ride if done properly, and it's a story that people (at least here in the US, not sure if the folklore is actually told in Europe) have heard throughout history..

Though I'd like to see more of a fast riding dark ride than I would like to see a thrill ride per say, maybe a dark ride as the headless horseman is chasing you through the woods, and your Ichabob Crane..
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDude12 View Post
    Back to topic, I am not THRILLED with the closure of an old classic like Snow White. Correct me of I'm wrong, but didn't Walt himself work on it? If continue to close classics like this, we might as well take the Walt out of Walt Disney World.
    Walt died not long after the WDW property was bought. Roy Disney (Walt's brother) oversaw the development and construction of the resort in his place. The ride is based on the Disneyland original which Walt did oversee but has been plussed over the years well past the version Walt experienced.

I too am very intrigued by the mine car ride and hope it is at least a mini big thunder as opposed to a nicer Barnstormer. It's been a long time since I've been to WDW and the new Fantasyland is tempting me to make plans in a couple years once it's complete.
    Mike_M

Disneyland Trips
    1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1989
    1990, 1992, 1993
    2006, 2007, 2009
    2010, 2011, 2014

Walt Disney World
    2000, 2001

• Banned User

Is this ride going to be a D Ticket?

• Mouse at work

I'm going to be sure to go ride this as soon as it's open.
    "Ian, in life, whatever you do, DO NOT give up your dreams and goals of the past, present, and future and only then will you be successful!" - Walter Elias Disney

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEO,ATIS View Post
    Your Delusional. They Brought back the show as a tribute due to his death. And it was just a 3D-show with some in house light effects. Easy. You can't bring back a full on dark ride attraction. Well I guess you can. But Disney has never done it nor do I think they will. Plus they'd be taking steps backward not forward.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast