Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• The one, the only...

New Snow White and Seven Dwarf coaster is exacty what Disney should be buidling!

I was thrilled to hear that the new coaster was being built in Fantasyland. A new dark ride is exactly the kind of ride that is family friendly. I am also excited about the new ride system. I like it that Disney is willing to push the boundary a little in this kind of ride.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Re: New Snow White and Seven Dwarf coaster is exacty what Disney should be buidling!

I 100% agree! I am very excited for this. When I first saw it back in 2007, I was hopeful it would get built, then it kept getting taken off the table, and here it is! I am soooo excited!
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Re: New Snow White and Seven Dwarf coaster is exacty what Disney should be buidling!

I'm excited for the coaster too, but if it means losing the current Snow White ride to a meet n greet...
    Why can't there be 2 Snow White rides?

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEO,ATIS View Post
    I'm excited for the coaster too, but if it means losing the current Snow White ride to a meet n greet...
    Why can't there be 2 Snow White rides?
    I think they're basically rebuilding Scary Adventure inside the coaster. But using animatronics inside of card board cutouts.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

This is great!!! Love the return to an actual mine train ride. And I'm okay with the original ride being replaced because.... it was never the original anyway. Disneyland's was the original.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Chalk me up as happy about this change as well. One family friendly mine ride is far better than several princess meet and greets.

Losing Snow White's Scary Adventures is a fair trade in this case!
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Glad Disney is bringing variety to the parks. I love Snow White's Scary Adventure, however I don't understand how anyone could possibly be upset on their loss at the Magic Kingdom--there's three other versions elsewhere, all better than the outdated WDW version. The Mine Adventure is a HUGE improvement. I'm intrigued by it exactly, can't wait till more is revealed.

• Senior Minion

I'm happy this was done as well, definitely an improvement to the plans. Now we'll just have to hope that it's going to be a good ride.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Banned User

Yay this sounds awesome!

Splash Mountain showed us thrills and dark ride elements can be blurred successfully, and I hope this is not a step down. Obviously I don't expect this to be near as long or intricate, but it shouldn't just be thrown together either.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

My only hope that it's more than a kiddie coaster and treated with the same care as a Big Thunder or Splash.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch626626 View Post
    I think they're basically rebuilding Scary Adventure inside the coaster. But using animatronics inside of card board cutouts.
    I wasn't really big on the idea for this coaster at first but granted if it's done with the right technology behind it and becomes a worthy successor to SWSA's, I can see this being Fantasyland's big E ticket!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    I wasn't really big on the idea for this coaster at first but granted if it's done with the right technology behind it and becomes a worthy successor to SWSA's, I can see this being Fantasyland's big E ticket!
    It isn't going to be quite that major. More like a souped up Casey Jr. ride than Big Thunder Mountain. This is a smallish Mine Ride with a few show scenes and tilting cars. Should be very well done, but no E-Ticket. Now Mermaid on the other hand may very well turn out to be an E-Ticket. We shall have to wait a bit to see.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Minion

Happy to get confirmation and the new ride system sounds interesting. Like "perfect fit for a Donkey Kong Country ride" interesting.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• MiceAge Columnist

I think it might be closer to Barnstormer than BTMRR, but obviously with much more theme. The swaying cars add a nice new touch.

I'm fine with losing the Snow White dark ride for this coaster (that's the tradeoff in my mind). And I'm glad they veered away from the too-heavy princess version of the Fantasy Forest.
    Kevin Yee
    MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
    Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
    Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
    Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
    Mouse Trap
    Tokyo Disney Made Easy
    101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
    Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast