Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Post WDW Media Event News - Let the Memories Begin, Star Tours, Fantasyland

Disney World just began their Let the Memories Begin media event. While we don't expect a lot of new news, there are tid bits of important dates and confirmations which will help solidify what is going on at the resort.

Here's what's been announced so far:

Let the Memories Begin Campaign
    - Photos will be projected on the castle during nightly show titled The Magic, The Memories, and You
    - The photos are taken from that day's Photopass
    - Castmembers crop and prepare the images but a computer program selects 500 of them.
    - It takes 16 projectors to wrap the images around the castle (they are mounted on rooftops of surrounding buildings.
    - Uses the same digital mapping technology that Imagineers used on the exterior of Disneyland's Space Mountain during Halloween

Star Tours: The Adventures Continue
    - Will open on May 20th at Disney's Hollywood Studios
    - Darth Vader and pals make an appearance for the media

Fantasyland
    - The project changes that we had previously posted have been confirmed: Fantasyland Project Tracker

more news to come
    Last edited by Dustysage; 01-18-2011 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Updated News
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Re: WDW Media Event News - Let the Memories Begin, Star Tours, Fantasyland

Do we know when these photos will be projected on the castle? I really hope it's not constantly. It'd be cool at certain times... but not all night. Thanks for the info, and Can't wait for more!!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Info about Fantasyland Expansion that we had previously posted has been confirmed:

Fantasyland Project Tracker
    Last edited by Dustysage; 01-18-2011 at 06:31 PM.
    Find us on Facebook:

• Theming Fan

Someplace much to far from anything Disney.

Yay! I'm going in June, so its great news to me that ST:TAC will be open.

Also, the Fantasyland changes are awesome. Just saying.

EDIT: The links that are supposed to lead you to the Fantasyland Project Tracker take me to a thread on the Flights Of Fantasy parade. Might be worth fixing to avoid confusion.
    Please keep your hands, arms, feet, and legs inside the forum at all times.
    Check out my bandcamp!
    http://chaseharrison1.bandcamp.com/

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Quote Originally Posted by Ukulele Guy View Post
    Yay! I'm going in June, so its great news to me that ST:TAC will be open.
    But it will be a loooooooooooooooong line!

Great update by the way, Dusty!

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• MiceAge Columnist

The photo projections are not all night. I think a 20-minute show? It will be before fireworks, so the Kiss Goodnight routine post-fireworks should stick around unmolested.
    Kevin Yee
    MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
    Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
    Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
    Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
    Mouse Trap
    Tokyo Disney Made Easy
    101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
    Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Some insiders are claiming that there are other things in the cards too... things that will WOW us, and please fanboiis, possibly heading to Shanghai too. Not announced, but perhaps soon?

Maybe they're saving things for the Expo?
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    Some insiders are claiming that there are other things in the cards too... things that will WOW us, and please the fanboiis, possibly heading to Shanghai too. Not announced, but perhaps soon?

Maybe they're saving things for the Expo?

LOL - I sure hope not. It wouldn't make a lot of sense for them to wait until the campaign is half way over and after the busy summer season to "Wow" us.

While the Fantasyland and Star Tours stuff is awesome, this Memories campaign is just too saccharin for me - so overstuffed with fake "Memories" and "Magic" that it just comes across as insincere. But, as long as they don't put too many of those picture frames around the park, it is also pretty harmless stuff. Though it would be nice to have a year without a big marketing campaign plastered all over the parks . . . wouldn't it?
    Find us on Facebook:

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

I actually wasn't talking about the campaign Dusty. Personally, I haven't even read or seen anything regarding the campaign at all - it is completely indifferent to me. I was referring to an addition.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    LOL - I sure hope not. It wouldn't make a lot of sense for them to wait until the campaign is half way over and after the busy summer season to "Wow" us.

While the Fantasyland and Star Tours stuff is awesome, this Memories campaign is just too saccharin for me - so overstuffed with fake "Memories" and "Magic" that it just comes across as insincere. But, as long as they don't put too many of those picture frames around the park, it is also pretty harmless stuff. Though it would be nice to have a year without a big marketing campaign plastered all over the parks . . . wouldn't it?

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

They screened the new castle show tonight just before fireworks. The music was emotional and inspiring. The technology was amazing. The visuals were spectacular at times. The highlight for the assembled crowd was a rocket taking off (one of the castle towers is turned into a rocket and takes off). And the show ends with Walt. The weakness is the guest photos that they project onto the castle. It will be hard for folks to see themselves and no one else is going to care about seeing some other guest. However, the technology of the projections and what they can do with them is amazing.

If the guest "Memories" were dropped and general Disney "Memories" were exchanged, it would be a better show. But, I must say that it was impressive!
    Find us on Facebook:

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    They screened the new castle show tonight just before fireworks. The music was emotional and inspiring. The technology was amazing. The visuals were spectacular at times. The highlight for the assembled crowd was a rocket taking off (one of the castle towers is turned into a rocket and takes off). And the show ends with Walt. The weakness is the guest photos that they project onto the castle. It will be hard for folks to see themselves and no one else is going to care about seeing some other guest. However, the technology of the projections and what they can do with them is amazing.

If the guest "Memories" were dropped and general Disney "Memories" were exchanged, it would be a better show. But, I must say that it was impressive!
    I just watched it too and have to admit I was floored. Of course, it would be better without the specific photos, more like the holiday show on Small World at DL, but this was MUCH better than I was expecting. Really, really, well done for what it is.

• The Study of Wumbo

I saw the end of "The Magic, The Memories, and You!" on WDWToday's broadcast of it online and it looks way more awesome than anybody (especially anybody here) expected.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wumbology View Post
    I saw the end of "The Magic, The Memories, and You!" and it looks way more awesome than anybody (especially anybody here) expected.
    I'll agree with that. The show technology is amazing (as I mentioned above). It could be improved by dropping the hokey guest pictures, but it is a great show.
    Find us on Facebook:

• Disney Lover in Orlando

Thanks for reporting this Dusty!
    Tomorrow is just a dream away!

WOAH! I just watched a youtube video of it... I couldn't believe that that was actually the castle... I thought it was a drawing! Doesn't Disneyland Paris have something of that sort on their castle?

The show seems like a great idea... the pictures are meh. Its a good start though. Let's hope they incorporate it even more in the future. I can see Special event fireworks getting even better with this. As long as they don't overuse it, of course, we still want to see the castle. haha.

Surprisingly good!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast