Disney World just began their Let the Memories Begin media event. While we don't expect a lot of new news, there are tid bits of important dates and confirmations which will help solidify what is going on at the resort.
Here's what's been announced so far:
Let the Memories Begin Campaign
- Photos will be projected on the castle during nightly show titled The Magic, The Memories, and You
- The photos are taken from that day's Photopass
- Castmembers crop and prepare the images but a computer program selects 500 of them.
- It takes 16 projectors to wrap the images around the castle (they are mounted on rooftops of surrounding buildings.
- Uses the same digital mapping technology that Imagineers used on the exterior of Disneyland's Space Mountain during Halloween
Star Tours: The Adventures Continue
- Will open on May 20th at Disney's Hollywood Studios
- Darth Vader and pals make an appearance for the media
- The project changes that we had previously posted have been confirmed: Fantasyland Project Tracker
more news to come