Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Having a Grand Day!

Re: Disney Bus Upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    neither TDR's nor HKDL's MTR's make me wait for 'traffic clearance' up ahead, so I am happy
    Thats because Disney are running more trains than the loops can handle relative to the number of stations. The resort loop was ment to have an extra station at the Venetican, which would of buffered the trains properly, and the express loop simply is running to many trains. I dont think in 1971 they expected to have this many people ride the monorail.

• Banned User

The Venetican??? Maybe you meant the Mediterranean Resort for which ground was broke but plans later cancelled? The spot between TTC and Contemporary. They used to have lovely topiaries in that area before they broke ground for the Mediterranean...and the ground were lovingly manicure. Now, it's just a bad giant patch of weeds.

• Having a Grand Day!

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    The Venetican??? Maybe you meant the Mediterranean Resort for which ground was broke but plans later cancelled? The spot between TTC and Contemporary. They used to have lovely topiaries in that area before they broke ground for the Mediterranean...and the ground were lovingly manicure. Now, it's just a bad giant patch of weeds.
    No, the 1971 plans were for a Venetican Resort. It's changed 18753287238 times since, the latest change in 1999 (Click Here An Scroll Down to 25 April 1999).

• Banned User

ther was always an idea for a resort between TTC and contemporary... (did they solve the ground problem yet... cause they could use 2 hotels.. one more premium, and last of pop centry..)

the monorails should have an advanced Maypo to detect any problems with the brakes that the mid day test is not needed... thought i am probably wrong..

and the bus upgrades are great news...

• Having a Grand Day!

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    ther was always an idea for a resort between TTC and contemporary... (did they solve the ground problem yet... cause they could use 2 hotels.. one more premium, and last of pop centry..)

the monorails should have an advanced Maypo to detect any problems with the brakes that the mid day test is not needed... thought i am probably wrong..

and the bus upgrades are great news...
    MAPO (MAry POppins) is not for breaks, but is for signaling and train spacing. It makes sure that the trains do not collide.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by drnilescrane
    No, the 1971 plans were for a Venetican Resort. It's changed 18753287238 times since, the latest change in 1999 (Click Here An Scroll Down to 25 April 1999).
    OH! You are talking about the VENETIAN Hotel... For some reason I thought that was the one hotel originally planned to go where the GFL is now at. I remember concepts of the Persian Resort and Asian resorts as well... Oh the good old days at WDW.

• Banned User

acordig to the wdwforever... the space GF is now was for the Asian... (hence why the road was "asian" way from 71 - early 80s...)

• Banned User

The Persian was to be built just north of the Contemporary, behind Space Mountain, and by Bay Lake's edge.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234