Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• The Darkness to Light

The Magic, The Memories, and You Castle Projection Show

So, I've seen projections like this before, and they are rather amazing, especially in person.

However, this is Disney we're talking here. How long do you think it will be before they start doing something creative with this media?

Frankly, I'm hoping for more firework shows that incorporate this technology similar to what they did in the finale with the flares.

Your thoughts?
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

• and too all a good fright

Re: The Magic, The Memories, and You Castle Projection Show

The projections are fantastic. But I don't like the videos, which look like every WDW come visit DVD, and the photos which try to force me to remember something I am still in the middle of. It just really takes me out of the moment.

• The Darkness to Light

Supposedly, the photos will change from day to day, as they will be using selected number of photos taken with PhotoPass.

So, say you had your picture taken at a character Meet & Greet with PhotoPass. You go about the rest of your day and then you end up seeing that picture that was taken during the show. It adds a little touch to the show that makes it slightly more unique.

But, yes, the videos they feature do look like the WDW commercials they've been airring lately.

• Super Old Guy

The videos look like the WDW commercials because they're both using the home videos from everyday folks who have visited in the past. I think this new show looks fantastic, especially the coordination with the projection and the real fireworks. Can't wait to see it in person!

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

I would prefer it without the photos and videos.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEO,ATIS View Post
    I would prefer it without the photos and videos.
    That'd take away the point of the show.

• Disney Memory Maker

The video is great, but it is even better in person. People who are complaining about the pictures/videos, I honestly don't get your beef (though after all the complaining that led up to this... if you need to complain about this to try and save grace, go right ahead). I mean let's be honest... if the pictures/videos were of generic kids/families that Disney just inserted in, nobody would be complaining at all.

I urge all to let go of their prior conceptions. Let go of all that others have said. Let go of your inner-urge to find something to complain about, and just watch the show. Become the child again and just watch it. It's a great combination of technology, story, art and signature Disney memories that we have all grown up with.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Bottom line: The technology and music is wonderful. But it should have replaced Wishes... the projections would work best if they had been an addition to a fireworks show, and not had the photos of Guests in the park, except for perhaps maybe finale segment in a new fireworks show.

While this amazing projection system has potential, but it didn't need its own show. Anyone who has seen this show will agree, it works best WITH fireworks, save for about 3 short segments with shadow effects.

This system will be best when it is incorporated into other shows... but it's an okay way to test the effects on a nightly basis. From what I've seen, the technology isn't that reliable quite yet. Still a few bugs to be worked out.
    -Bill

• Super Old Guy

Quote Originally Posted by TheDisneyInquisitor View Post
    Let go of your inner-urge to find something to complain about....
    But this wouldn't be Micechat without people complaining!

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    But this wouldn't be Micechat without people complaining!
    What was I thinking.

I guess the celebration at this forum could be called "Let the Complaining Begin"
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I don't look at it as complaining. I actually like the fact that we are allowed to speak our minds around here within the rules of the site, of course. I sometimes even learn something when I read such opinions.

One thing's for sure. It's never boring around here.

I guess I should say something on topic. I understand that Disneyland will have projections on the outside facade of IASW. I look forward to checking that out on my up and coming vacation. I see that it is being listed on the Official Disneyland Website. No beginning date was given however,

May 11 - 16, 2015

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I guess I should say something on topic. I understand that Disneyland will have projections on the outside facade of IASW. I look forward to checking that out on my up and coming vacation. I see that it is being listed on the Official Disneyland Website. No beginning date was given however,
    I believe it is supposed to begin next week. IASW is supposed to be under refurb until the 27th, so I imagine it will begin after that.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I believe it is supposed to begin next week. IASW is supposed to be under refurb until the 27th, so I imagine it will begin after that.
    Yes, I just checked the website, and it shows it for Friday, January 28th at 8 p.m. and 9:15 p.m. I would be checking it out, if I wasn't going to the MiceChat party at Garden Walk.

I will definitely plan this into my schedule of events.

May 11 - 16, 2015

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Quote Originally Posted by Dlandclub33 View Post
    That'd take away the point of the show.
    Not if they change the theme of the show. Let The Memories Begin is supposed to encourage you to make your own memories. But why are your memories becoming other's memories if you see this show?

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• The Darkness to Light

The video is great, but it is even better in person. People who are complaining about the pictures/videos, I honestly don't get your beef (though after all the complaining that led up to this... if you need to complain about this to try and save grace, go right ahead). I mean let's be honest... if the pictures/videos were of generic kids/families that Disney just inserted in, nobody would be complaining at all.
    The photos themselves I have no problem with, especially if what I'm reading about the show is true and they are showing all the photos (or all the best photos) taken at the park that day through PhotoPass. It's a nice way to close the day to see yourself projected on the castle, even if only for a split second.

It's the home video footage that I'm kind of iffy about. There's already so much movement and animation going on with the castle as a whole that the videos seem to stick out and almost take away from most of the focus. That, and the UGLY projection screen they have hanging over the balcony reminds me of that UGLY mirror they had when DLR turned 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Bottom line: The technology and music is wonderful. But it should have replaced Wishes... the projections would work best if they had been an addition to a fireworks show, and not had the photos of Guests in the park, except for perhaps maybe finale segment in a new fireworks show.

While this amazing projection system has potential, but it didn't need its own show. Anyone who has seen this show will agree, it works best WITH fireworks, save for about 3 short segments with shadow effects.

This system will be best when it is incorporated into other shows... but it's an okay way to test the effects on a nightly basis. From what I've seen, the technology isn't that reliable quite yet. Still a few bugs to be worked out.
    Like I said earlier, I'm surprised this isn't the case now. The fireworks combined with this projection technology would bring a whole new life to their nighttime show, which is already the best fireworks display in the states. Knowing our luck, when the Tokyo property gets their hands on this technology, they'll do something spectacular with it.

Wait, what bugs are you talking about? Did something happen during one of the shows?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast