Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Re: Splash Mountain Adds Lap Bars...

Quote Originally Posted by EeyorezLilSis View Post
    sadly there are *some* of us who can not sit in a side by side ride with someone *smaller* than us and still use the lap bars. in other words...i'm fat...if someone next to me is skinny (as is want to happen when my bois are with me), the skinny person doesn't get to use the lap bar because...well...i'm fat..
    that is my FAVORITE way to ride Big Thunder... you get great bounce and floating the in air feeling! But on Splash I'd be way too scared to ride that way.

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    People keep saying "if people are too stupid.....". Problem is, stupid people can create lawsuits too. It's a great big beautiful tomorrow.
    And that is what is wrong with the justice system, too many people suing for *their* dumb actions and getting money... which causes more people to sue.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Unfortunately, the percentage of stupid in the population of the whole globe is growing at a very rapid rate.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Disney Memory Maker

Now everyone , doing a stupid thing doesn't make you a stupid person and I think the two need to be separated. I'd like a to see a show of hands of anyone here that has not done anything stupid.... pull on a door that clearly says 'push'... about to get off a highway ramp then at last minute swerve back in the road... went on small world or pirates and inadvertently touched the water (even if just for a moment)? Point is we all do stupid things. And at the very least, we all have the urge to do incredibly stupid things, but then restrain ourselves. Sometimes people, through whatever reason (accidental, momentarily not thinking straight, etc) forget to suppress that urge and they might do something that is unsafe. If these lap bars prevents that from happening, they are doing their job. Safety is always first at Disney, and quite frankly only one of the other three "keys" (efficiency) could be affected at all by this change.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by TheDisneyInquisitor View Post
    Now everyone , doing a stupid thing doesn't make you a stupid person and I think the two need to be separated. I'd like a to see a show of hands of anyone here that has not done anything stupid.... pull on a door that clearly says 'push'... about to get off a highway ramp then at last minute swerve back in the road... went on small world or pirates and inadvertently touched the water (even if just for a moment)? Point is we all do stupid things. And at the very least, we all have the urge to do incredibly stupid things, but then restrain ourselves. Sometimes people, through whatever reason (accidental, momentarily not thinking straight, etc) forget to suppress that urge and they might do something that is unsafe. If these lap bars prevents that from happening, they are doing their job. Safety is always first at Disney, and quite frankly only one of the other three "keys" (efficiency) could be affected at all by this change.
    I do not think Efficiency will be affected. The amount of time a log seats three is fairly limited. Plus downtime will be reduced when they do not need to shut down because someone got out. I suspect the lap bars will reduced the daily occurance of that.

Finally..... I raise my hand... I have touched the water so many times. I just have to know what temperature it is. Not sure why. But I raise my hand, I have made bad choices before.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by WDW Monorail View Post
    Isn't it sad how a very large corporation is at the mercy of a handful of persons.
    Like Disney with Paul Pressler and (the post-Frank Wells) Michael Eisner?

Speaking of safety steps, the Space Mountain at Paris Disneyland has over-the-shoulders and next-to-the- ears bars that are so painful that they make me wish Europe had our lawyers and litigious citizens.
    Now there is an uncomfortable restraint.

I know, I know,

Disney Inquisitor, I loved your first couple of posts on this thread!
    Last edited by jcruise86; 01-30-2011 at 08:36 PM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lily23 View Post
    Assuming that's a real pic of you in your avatar, then I see you are a young guy who most likely does not have two little girls who want your arm around them when they go down that drop. I know that my particular problem is not one that most people will relate to. Again, I'm not saying this is the end of the world. It's just a bummer. I can add it to the list of E ticket rides where I can't sit with both of them, like Space, Everest, etc. Thunder still works for us: even with the lap bar, the seats and bar are designed in such a way that three will still work.
    Good news. I just watched a video of the new bars in action, and the first thing I noticed is that when the log pulled into the station, there was a father with his 2 children on either side of him in the same row. So 3 seating is still possible.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Would you happen to know if that video s posted?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Would you happen to know if that video s posted?
    Yes. It's at Walt Disney World News Today. I can't post the link, but you can find it in a search.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

I am pleased to confirm that there were indeed three in one seat just as before and apparently they are no less comfortable than before. I vote improvement!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456