Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• AKA: Indyiluvu

EPCOT: Drinking arround the world

I am planning my second ever WDW trip and ever since my first trip with my family I've wanted to try and have one drink from each country in world showcase. Since it will be just my sister this time, I can't wait to try this! It sounds like a lot of fun (if either of us remembers it, lol). Has anyone ever done this before? Were you successful? Any Tips? Starting country? Where/when to eat? I would probably want to stick to one type of drink (for me beer, not sure about my sister) and try and pace myself. What are typical world showcase hours? If the drink places are open 11 hours, we could do one drink/country an hour. Anyone have a list of the different types of drinks at each pavilion?

Thanks!
    FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

FIRST DLP TRIP - March 1997

FIRST WDW TRIP - May/June 2006

FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?

• Mostly Harmless.

Re: EPCOT: Drinking arround the world

I spent a night drinking around the world once... Started in Mexico and ended at Pleasure Island with a midget in tow. Not too sure how that happened. Stuck with the beers though. German beers are dammed fine, but when you hit the Rose and Crown in Jolly ol' UK make sure you get a snake bite or four. Good stuff. Gets expensive though.
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• Metro-Retro Historian

I've done this a couple times during the food and wine festival (which makes it harder). At least that's my excuse for why I nearly dislocated my shoulder falling off a garbage can while listening to Starship playing at the American Adventure stage. As stated above, this can get expensive, so be mindful of your funds. Also remember that drinking heavily under the hot Florida sun amplifies the effects. Don't forget to eat and get some regular hydration.

Incidentally, this kind of endeavor is the main reason I dislike the new version of the Mexico ride. You used to be able to drink on the boats. The pavilion does have a tequila bar now, so there's that.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

My husband did this last time we went to Food and Wine. I, however, did not due to having to drive us home. We started in Mexico , ate in Germany and he gave up in the UK when we hit home turf.

He was not well the next day lol!

Drink a big glass/bottle of water for every two drinks. Pace yourself. Have fun!

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

I usually start in Jolly Ole UK and work my way around that way...usually by the time I hit Germany I pretty good and sloppy by the time it's time for tequila at Mexico I'm usually ready to take the Disney Buses home...

Funny Story last time I did this my buddy was asking the ladies at the German Pavilion about the steins trying to figure out what they were for, and I was translating...he kept getting me to ask them if they were like a German tea pot..

It's pretty easy to get ahead of yourself playing the game, so make sure that you pace yourself, and enjoy little snacks along the way...
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

• Metro-Retro Historian

The excessive drinking in World Showcase helps me cope with what's become of Future World. I also find that Test Track is only fun when I'm hammered, and even then only the outdoor part.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Tip: Stick to one type of drink. Don't have a margarita in Mexico, then a beer in Germany then wine in France (and so on...). You WILL get sick.

• AKA: Indyiluvu

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Tip: Stick to one type of drink. Don't have a margarita in Mexico, then a beer in Germany then wine in France (and so on...). You WILL get sick.
    Thanks! I will try to stick to beer. My Sister probably will drink liquor/ mixed drinks. Does every country offer some type of beer as well as hard alcohol? Of course if we start in Mexico, I may want to make an exception and start my day with a shot of tequilla. Liquor before beer, you're in the clear right?
    FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

FIRST DLP TRIP - March 1997

FIRST WDW TRIP - May/June 2006

FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

sigh... I passed out in Japan once thanks to this... also known as the BEST DAY IN EPCOT EVER! However I did embarrass myself by marching in Germany singing "It's mein Fuhrer's world after all" to the nice poka band playing "it's a small world"

Drunk Eric thought it was hilarious, sober Eric realized how horribly insensitive it was.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Mostly Harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    sigh... I passed out in Japan once thanks to this... also known as the BEST DAY IN EPCOT EVER! However I did embarrass myself by marching in Germany singing "It's mein Fuhrer's world after all" to the nice poka band playing "it's a small world"

Drunk Eric thought it was hilarious, sober Eric realized how horribly insensitive it was.
    Yup... I've had days like that...
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• Seasick

It's simultaneously hilarious and insensitive! Mostly hilarious though.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• MiceAge Columnist

hahhahaha!! Having met Eric, I can totally appreciate (and picture) this -- wish I'd seen it!
    Kevin Yee
    MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
    Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
    Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
    Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
    Mouse Trap
    Tokyo Disney Made Easy
    101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
    Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Bwahahahaha!!! I would have gladly PAID to have seen that.

Quote Originally Posted by Indiana Joe View Post
    Thanks! I will try to stick to beer. My Sister probably will drink liquor/ mixed drinks. Does every country offer some type of beer as well as hard alcohol? Of course if we start in Mexico, I may want to make an exception and start my day with a shot of tequilla. Liquor before beer, you're in the clear right?
    Everyone is different. You might be ok (while I would get seriously sick).

Oh... and prepare to have a MONSTER hangover the next morning after all that drinking.

• Another trip down I-4

If you do decide to go down this path, watch what you're eating, also. Those French pastries sound really good, but the high sugar content has been many a contestant's downfall.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast