Presidents Weekend - HELP!?

Hey ya!
    Going down to Orlando on the 17th arriving at noon, and leaving on the 21st. Im staying at the Swan (i love the Boardwalk area) for the first time, but also have stayed at DW at least 12 times. However I am taking my girlfriend for her visit to Orlando since she was 12 (were both 28).

Ive googgled this and trolled through posts, but can find anything more recent than 2007. How busy is Presidents Weekend? I was planning on strolling into Epcot on the thursday. My dear lady friend would like to go to Harry Potter one day.

I have obviously been there and seen much at WDW lately but I really am excited about taking someone who is gonna be pretty much a newbie! Can anyone help me out with crowd ideas, and/or which days from thurs-sunday i should go where?

Thanks so much for any help/consideration/thoughts/telling me Im dumb for going these dates.
    B

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: Presidents Weekend - HELP!?

I've been during Presidents Week a few times, and have never had a problem. I don't know if it's gotten worse in recent years (unfortunately I haven't been in a few years that week), but if you take advantage of Fastpass and use your time wisely, you really shouldn't worry too much.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

It can get busy, and, well, tho I'm loathe to admit it, thanks for Universal, this summer onwards--it's been busy on weekends period. However, that doesn't mean you can't have fun! Just use your FastPasses well, get to the parks early to hit the big ticket items and, since you can't get in during EMH morning (I don't think the Swan offers that option--I could be wrong), just avoid that park for the day.

You'll be fine. No worries. And you'll have fun...worry about that!

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• Hello there

Blog Entries

I believe you do get EMH staying at the Swan and Dolphin
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

If it were me I'd hit Harry Potter first thing Friday morning. Do Olivanders first, Forbidden Journey second, whatever you want after that.

Other than that, I agree with everyone else, it shouldn't be too bad, use your time wisely, hit parks early, get fastpasses, etc. Thursday afternoon would probably be great for strolling epcot/boardwalk area.

Personally, I avoid parks with Morning Extra Magic hours whether I'm staying there or not. My experience is the extra crowds are not worth that extra hour. But no biggie.

Have fun!

As I've said on other threads, we usually go the week leading up to President's weekend (none of us are terribly fond of people) and we overlap with that group the last couple of days. Magic Kingdom gets mobbed real quick. It's usually the first place everybody likes to hit so I'd avoid MK for the Thursday - Saturday of the holiday weekend - do it later in the trip - particularly if you don't have a hopper. Once you've swiped the ticket you're stuck - you can't survey the place, decide it's too crowded and then go somewhere else instead - it's too late. I'd get that download which hooks you up with wait times for the big stuff -