Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Blog Entries

A close look at WDW's New Fantasyland artwork reveals interesting details

Let's take a closer look at WDW's New Fantasyland artwork, which reveals interesting details on upcoming attractions:

Here is the new artwork for WDW's New Fantasyland in high-res. Actually, i had to reduce a bit the size of the file as the weight of the one released by WDW was 35 Mb and too "heavy" to be uploaded on Photobucket. Even reduced it's still in high-res and this great artwork by Greg Pro should please most of you.

We must also thank WDW for releasing this file in hyper-resolution as it gives the possibility to "zoom" inside the artwork...and to discover interesting unnoticed details at first sight about the new upcoming attractions.

Of course, the zooming helps us to see the details of some decor elements like Belle's Village...

...and Gaston's fountain that you can also see in this other rendering...

...but also to discover that Beast Castle - and the rocks around it - is designed to look partly covered by (fake) snow!

A zoom on the Circus/Dumbo area provide a closer look on the Circus land entrance...

...and show how close the two Dumbo carousels will be...although guests will be able to walk between them to enter the circus tent.

...but also reveal something interesting, i.e the Circus themed "splash" zone where young children will get wet.

Even more interesting are the details of the seven dwarfs mine coaster. If you look closely to the rendering, not only you'll see better the dwarfs cottage but also you can have a better idea of the coaster train design which will look like elongated seven dwarfs mine wagons.

And more zooming on the same part of the artwork reveal the shining multicolored diamonds that guests will see in the mine.

In the WDW press release from last week, we could read that "The journey will be accompanied by music from the classic Disney film and animated figures of Snow White and the Dwarfs..." Are you wondering where the location for these animated figures will be? Well, the most interesting detail of this seven dwarfs mine coaster gives partly the answer with this outside scene with the seven dwarfs "coming back home", standing on a big tree trunk. The coaster train will go of course under the trunk and there is no doubt that the seven dwarfs figures will be partly animated in this scene...

...paying tribute to Snow White's memorable sequence.

But the ride might include another scene with animated seven dwarfs as we can see in this new rendering below posted on Miceage tuesday in Kevin Yee's article and showing a scene with the dwarfs, this time inside the mine.

A closer look at WDW's New Fantasyland artwork reveal interesting details on upcoming attractions

Your thoughts?

All pictures: copyright Disney
    Last edited by Dustysage; 01-26-2011 at 09:16 PM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Re: A closer look to WDW New Fantasyland artwork reveal interesting details on new ri

well I have been excited about this ride since 2007, and I am thrilled it is finally really happening... I just can't wait to ride it in person.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Former Epcot CM

Re: A closer look to WDW New Fantasyland artwork reveal interesting details on new ri

Thank you so much for giving this thorough in-depth investigation into the details we've already been given.

I am so excited for the Mine Train. It will be absolutely incredible, so it looks.
    Also, props to Greg Pro for creating one of the most spectacular pieces of Imagineering art we've seen in years, perhaps decades. I hope it becomes part of a mural, perhaps backstage in some important WDW office one day.

I cannot wait!
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Nutty about Disney parks

Aside from Gaston's Tavern I wonder what other places are gonna be portrayed in the village that guests are gonna be able to actually explore inside. The bookshop? What will be inside of Belle's house other than perhaps the basement where Maurice works on his inventions? There hasn't been any talk on this. There's only outside visuals. What gives?

• Minion

I love it and am excited that they are actually making experiences rather then just meet and greets! I love the idea of a resturant in the beasts castle! The mine train coster is going to be amazing and I am excited to see the detail!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I like how they have that and the West Coast has Casey Jr. and Storybookland Canal boats.

It seems fair.

I'm looking forward to the new Snow White/7 Dwarfs ride. I know people weren't overjoyed with the closing of Snow White's Scary Adventures but I actually think this will pay better tribute to the film. I love the Dumbo idea as well - I like that they are trying to make the wait times less and more fun. When they first announced plans for the change to Fantasyland I was a little discouraged because, although it looked beautiful, other than the Little Mermaid Ride, it didn't look like there was going to be much to actually do there besides meet the princesses and eat/shop in Belle's village. I'm glad they ditched some of the princess lands for another ride. But I'm still wondering what's up with Belle's castle - when I first saw it, my reaction was ooohh! what are they going to put in there? It doesn't look like they know yet - it would be nice to see another ride but I doubt it. Maybe we're in for more announcements as this whole thing progresses.
    Last edited by celticdar; 01-26-2011 at 02:35 PM. Reason: misspelling

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: A close look at WDW's New Fantasyland artwork reveals interesting details

I really REALLY like this revised version of the "New Fantasyland". They made just the right changes and additions to make this an upgrade for ALL of their guests, not just the little girls. Kudos to Disney for listening to their fans!

The Seven Dwarfs mine ride will be a nice addition to Fantasyland.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Banned User

great job with the zooms on the images, i can't wait to see this place in person. however...

"...but also reveal something interesting, i.e the Circus themed "splash" zone where young children will get wet with pleasure."

might want to re-word that.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by IndyFan1 View Post
    great job with the zooms on the images, i can't wait to see this place in person. however...

"...but also reveal something interesting, i.e the Circus themed "splash" zone where young children will get wet with pleasure."

might want to re-word that.
    LOL. Well, he is French. But, just to be safe, I did reword it for him as you suggested.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by loaloa55 View Post
    Let's take a closer look at WDW's New Fantasyland artwork, which reveals interesting details on upcoming attractions:

Here is the new artwork for WDW's New Fantasyland in high-res. Actually, i had to reduce a bit the size of the file as the weight of the one released by WDW was 35 Mb and too "heavy" to be uploaded on Photobucket. Even reduced it's still in high-res and this great artwork by Greg Pro should please most of you.

We must also thank WDW for releasing this file in hyper-resolution as it gives the possibility to "zoom" inside the artwork...and to discover interesting unnoticed details at first sight about the new upcoming attractions.
    Awesome technical work, loaloa, in resizing Disney's concept art release pix. You make me proud to be a photobucket member.

Of course, the zooming helps us to see the details of some decor elements like Belle's Village...and Gaston's fountain that you can also see in this other rendering
    ...but also to discover that Beast Castle - and the rocks around it - is designed to look partly covered by (fake) snow!
    When zooming, the hi res brings out Belle's Village, Gaston's fountain, and Beast castle in surprising detail. The snow on the castle rocks is a terrific Disney touch.

A zoom on the Circus/Dumbo area provide a closer look on the Circus land entrance...and show how close the two Dumbo carousels will be...although guests will be able to walk between them to enter the circus tent.

...but also reveal something interesting, i.e the Circus themed "splash" zone where young children will get wet.
    A lot of people are going to be passing back and forth between the Dumbos each day. Can't wait to hear more info. anout all the fun things at Circus land.

I had previously wondered what the circus choo choo was all about, as one can assertain by looking from a distance that there's no track in front of it. How cool that the area is a splishy splashy zone play area!

Even more interesting are the details of the seven dwarfs mine coaster. If you look closely to the rendering, not only you'll see better the dwarfs cottage but also you can have a better idea of the coaster train design which will look like elongated seven dwarfs mine wagons.

And more zooming on the same part of the artwork reveal the shining multicolored diamonds that guests will see in the mine.
    How fun those mine wagons look...especially since the swivel tin relationship to the turns. Disney remains a master of unique ride elements, regardless of the simplicity of non-hard core thrill rides. Those shiny diamonds will certainly capture my interest.

In the WDW press release from last week, we could read that "The journey will be accompanied by music from the classic Disney film and animated figures of Snow White and the Dwarfs..." Are you wondering where the location for these animated figures will be? Well, the most interesting detail of this seven dwarfs mine coaster gives partly the answer with this outside scene with the seven dwarfs "coming back home", standing on a big tree trunk. The coaster train will go of course under the trunk and there is no doubt that the seven dwarfs figures will be partly animated in this scene...
    Animatronic dwarfs in outside scenes, too?! What more could one ask for?!]

...paying tribute to Snow White's memorable sequence.
    SWEET.

But the ride might include another scene with animated seven dwarfs as we can see in this new rendering below.
    I'll bet CGI would be utilized in any indoor animated scenes the ride might feature.

posted"]com/kevinyee/ky012511a.htm"]posted on Miceage tuesday in Kevin Yee's article[/URL] and showing a scene with the dwarfs, this time inside the mine.

A closer look at WDW's New Fantasyland artwork reveal interesting details on upcoming attractions

Your thoughts?

All pictures: copyright Disney
    Appears like there may be some cool animatronics inside as wel. Thanks for including the indoor scene, loaloa. Did you take the photo from the Magic Kingdom construction walls yourself? Amazing report!
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 01-27-2011 at 12:51 AM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    LOL. Well, he is French. But, just to be safe, I did reword it for him as you suggested.
    LOL! Gotta keep that train on the right track.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    Aside from Gaston's Tavern I wonder what other places are gonna be portrayed in the village that guests are gonna be able to actually explore inside. The bookshop? What will be inside of Belle's house other than perhaps the basement where Maurice works on his inventions? There hasn't been any talk on this. There's only outside visuals. What gives?
    Very reminiscent of the Harry Potter village really, probably more interesting what will be in the castle. Just shops in the village, I think a book shop is a safe bet as you said.

• Dreamer

Even though I'm going to miss Cinderella's Château from ever being realized, I am still excited for Snow White's cottage to take it's place. Once everything is built this whole rea is going to be one - if not the - most popular spot to take pictures at in the entire kingdom.

The beast's castle is my favorite already.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

What's interesting about Casey Jr. is that I heard it was a food location, so it'll be interesting to see which it turns out to be. Also, since nothing about Circusland was really announced, we'll have to see how to finish up the rest of the expansion. There are a lot of tents and buildings that don't seem to be mentioned, and in the video with Eric Jacobson, it doesn't seem like he really knows what'll go there.

I'm sure it will be nothing more than shops and ODV, but another surprise dark ride would be welcome...
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast