View Poll Results: Upcoming Seven Dwarfs Mine Coaster: Your Favorite Features?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • As a resurrected Disney concept, Mine Coaster Is Proof That Old Ideas NeverDie At WDI.

10 40.00%
  • Mine Train Replaces Some Of The Princess Meet & Greets That Were Earlier Planned.

13 52.00%
  • One-Of-A-Kind Vehicle Swinging Action Back and Forth While Traveling Around Corners.

10 40.00%
  • Seven Dwarfs Mine Coaster Will Be A Coaster/Darkride Crossover.

19 76.00%
  • While Outdoors, Mine Train Will Speed Along Like Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

8 32.00%
  • Mine Train Will Slow Down While Traveling Thru Mine and Snow White's Cottage Darkride Sections.

9 36.00%
  • Three Pedestrian Pathways Indicate Ride Will Use FASTPASS System.

6 24.00%
  • The Drarfs "Day At Work" Plot Will Differ From Former Snow White Ride.

7 28.00%
  • Evil Queen Could Make An Appearance In New Ride.

8 32.00%
  • Part Or All Of Mine Scene From Former Darkride Could Be Used As Nod During New Ride.

9 36.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: Snow White (Dwarfs-Mine Coaster) (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Don't be jealous, West Coast has Storybookland Canal boats and the Casey Jr. Circus Train.

I think it's foolish to gut the existing Snow White Ride, though. Let them both run and make a Snow White Miniland like the Teacups and Alice are on the West Coast.
    Love the mini land idea! Retaining the Snow White darkride along with a flatride (let's say a Tilt-A-Whirl tyoe of ride - Dopey's Dizzy Mobiles).
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Dwarves finally raise their heads high and you want to bring them back down.
    I'm...I-I-I'm...ashamed. sniff
    Hold them heads high dwarves. We'll teach that queen to sing Hetgh Ho and she'll soon be happier than Happy.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

How far apart will the Snow White ride be to the Mine Train, though? They're not physically that close, are they?

• Iron-Clad Allie

How far apart will the Snow White ride be to the Mine Train, though? They're not physically that close, are they?

The Snow White ride is back by the castle. The Mine Coaster is between the castle and the Little Mermaid ride, center and in the back. This places the Mine Coaster a considerable walking distance away.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Disney certainly had the money to design it in more of an in-depth story telling manner. for instance, the beginning of the Snow White story could be presented on film during the queue. Then, the outdoor and indoor action scenes of the ride could have been played out in sequence. Still, the "Dwarfs Day At Work" story/plot is going to be awesome, plus some!

Yes. It won't be quite as fast or as long a ride. Just the same, it will zip along at a high rate of speed, and the swinging action will add even more of a thrill to the motion. It will be just as wild as Big Thunder in it's own way.
    Ride warrior, your expectations are in conflict with Disney's own statement that this coaster's thrill level will come in "somewhere inbetween Goofy's Barnstormer and Big Thunder". So simply going by the discription its not going to be as wild (aka as thrilling) as Big Thunder in it's own way. Having a higher expectation seems to be setting oneself up for disappointment.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Kidgenie View Post
    Ride warrior, your expectations are in conflict with Disney's own statement that this coaster's thrill level will come in "somewhere inbetween Goofy's Barnstormer and Big Thunder". So simply going by the discription its not going to be as wild (aka as thrilling) as Big Thunder in it's own way. Having a higher expectation seems to be setting oneself up for disappointment.
    Nah. Don't sweat it, Kidgenie. The coaster speed and length is going to be somewhere between Big thunder and Goffy's Barnstormer. The swinging ride vehicles are a completely new element that niether of the other two rides have. This element will make Dopey's Mine Choo Choo just as thrilling to me.

I am pretty pumped up about this mine coaster, it sounds GREAT! Anyone know what the height restriction will be? (ie very small kids like barnstormer, or a little-taller-but-they-don't-have-to-wait-forever like Thunder?) Just curious.

I hope this ride is just the beginning. MORE DARK RIDES!!!

(Now, I get that this is not an additional dark ride, since we are losing the original snow white. I am of the "it was never that great" camp, so I'm not sorry to see it go. I was much more upset to lose Mr. Toad. At least we still have classic Peter Pan. Keep the paint fresh, and I'm happy!)

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by lily23 View Post
    I am pretty pumped up about this mine coaster, it sounds GREAT! Anyone know what the height restriction will be? (ie very small kids like barnstormer, or a little-taller-but-they-don't-have-to-wait-forever like Thunder?) Just curious.

I hope this ride is just the beginning. MORE DARK RIDES!!!

(Now, I get that this is not an additional dark ride, since we are losing the original snow white. I am of the "it was never that great" camp, so I'm not sorry to see it go. I was much more upset to lose Mr. Toad. At least we still have classic Peter Pan. Keep the paint fresh, and I'm happy!)
    I have no doubt that more dark rides will be in the relatively new future for WDW. Although the information on any restrictions has not been announced, I suspect this mine cart coaster will be completely kid friendly. After all, if height restrictions were imposed, the Seven "Dwarfs" would not be able to ride their own ride.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123