View Poll Results: Upcoming Seven Dwarfs Mine Coaster: Your Favorite Features?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • As a resurrected Disney concept, Mine Coaster Is Proof That Old Ideas NeverDie At WDI.

10 40.00%
  • Mine Train Replaces Some Of The Princess Meet & Greets That Were Earlier Planned.

13 52.00%
  • One-Of-A-Kind Vehicle Swinging Action Back and Forth While Traveling Around Corners.

10 40.00%
  • Seven Dwarfs Mine Coaster Will Be A Coaster/Darkride Crossover.

19 76.00%
  • While Outdoors, Mine Train Will Speed Along Like Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

8 32.00%
  • Mine Train Will Slow Down While Traveling Thru Mine and Snow White's Cottage Darkride Sections.

9 36.00%
  • Three Pedestrian Pathways Indicate Ride Will Use FASTPASS System.

6 24.00%
  • The Drarfs "Day At Work" Plot Will Differ From Former Snow White Ride.

7 28.00%
  • Evil Queen Could Make An Appearance In New Ride.

8 32.00%
  • Part Or All Of Mine Scene From Former Darkride Could Be Used As Nod During New Ride.

9 36.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Seven Dwarf's Mine Train, Little Mermaid Fantasyland Wall Concept Art

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6vPllWOVOA

What a beautiful work of art the Fantasland expansion wall of concept art has turned out to be. Find out information about the meet and greets, and take a close-up llok-see at Seven Dwarves Mine coaster scenes, as well as enjoy a view of a new scene from the Little Mermaid ride.

The close up cpaster wagon cars are really cool.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Talking Re: Seven Dwarf's Mine Train, Little Mermaid Fantasyland Wall Concept Art

[QUOTE=Ride Warrior;1056418526]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6vPllWOVOA

What a beautiful work of art the Fantasland expansion wall of concept art has turned out to be. Find out information about the meet and greets, and take a close-up llok-see at Seven Dwarves Mine coaster scenes, as well as enjoy a view of a new scene from the Little Mermaid ride.

I agree...it's gorgeous! I can't wait to see what new technologies they use to make the attractions even more disturbingly realistic and interactive!

(although I'm still waiting on attractions, etc. for "Robin Hood", "Sword & The Stone", "Fantasia", and "Bedknobs and Broomsticks",..but I digress...LOL!)

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: Seven Dwarf's Mine Train, Little Mermaid Fantasyland Wall Concept Art

[QUOTE=ryran75;1056421135]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6vPllWOVOA

I agree...it's gorgeous! I can't wait to see what new technologies they use to make the attractions even more disturbingly realistic and interactive!

(although I'm still waiting on attractions, etc. for "Robin Hood", "Sword & The Stone", "Fantasia", and "Bedknobs and Broomsticks",..but I digress...LOL!)
    The new Snow White coaste/darkride would put a grin on Walt's face. He was saddened by the budget constraints he was under as he continued to build his park. The new ride is so much better than the evil queen-centric original that it isn't even funny.

Let's keep our fingers crossed, E=ryran, that Disney will one day build some or all of your list - Robin Hood, Sword In The Stone, Fantasia, and Bednobs and Broomsticks.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 02-04-2011 at 09:22 PM.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Upcoming 7 Dwarfs Coaster: Your Favorite Features? Should Snow W. darkride be kept?

First off, there are so many cool elements connected with the Seven Drarfs Mine Train that it's hard for me to decide what I like best about it. what are your favorite features? A poll is up.

Something else on my mind: Snow White's Scary Adventures is a favorite classic attraction that has been with us for ages. It's too bad that WDW has decided to give it the ax. Still, it's pretty cool that two attractions will replace it: the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and Princess Fairytale Hall. Still, it would be nice if both rides were included. Then again, visiting with cute princesses will be less agrevating than dealing with that evil queen/witch everytime you turn around in the original darkride. Let me know how you feel about the subject.

Last edited by Ride Warrior; 02-05-2011 at 04:15 PM.

Re: Upcoming 7 Dwarfs Coaster: Your Favorite Features? Should Snow W. darkride be ke

My favorite thing about this ride is the DWARFS!

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Re: Upcoming 7 Dwarfs Coaster: Your Favorite Features? Should Snow W. darkride be ke

Snow White is better than the one we have at DL and like at Disneyland, it's one of the classics. While this new ride looks fun I imagine it would be hard to loose a classic attraction from WDW for some people. Like how they kicked out the Skyway, Captain Nemo, and Mr. Toad from Fantasyland, or me and my buddy, TimeKeeper, from Tomorrowland. WDW needs capacity. Instead of a meet n greet that only attracts to girls they should make either a new ride in SW's building or keep the current Snow White for girls and the new coaster for boys.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch626626 View Post
    My favorite thing about this ride is the DWARFS!
    Ha Ha! The Dwarfs coaster would be missing something without the Dwarfs.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEO,ATIS View Post
    Snow White is better than the one we have at DL and like at Disneyland, it's one of the classics. While this new ride looks fun I imagine it would be hard to loose a classic attraction from WDW for some people. Like how they kicked out the Skyway, Captain Nemo, and Mr. Toad from Fantasyland, or me and my buddy, TimeKeeper, from Tomorrowland. WDW needs capacity. Instead of a meet n greet that only attracts to girls they should make either a new ride in SW's building or keep the current Snow White for girls and the new coaster for boys.
    I couldn't agree more. The Princess Fairytale Hall seems to me to be another cheap ply of WDW to cut the costs of operating an extra ride. Plus, this is an obvious attempt to appeaze girls for their loss of additional princess meet and greets in the beautifully landscaped/manicured Fantasyland expansion area.

Oh well, many of the boys will like the princess meet and greets better when they become grown up dudes. LOL!

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

It will be very very hard to let Snow White's Scary Adventures ride go. Very hard. But for the trade up that we'll be getting for losing that ride... I'll blow a kiss to it goodbye and enjoy the new additions to come.

If there was room for everything I'd vote to have it kept but since Disney believes there is no room left, then farewell to a classic.

I would hope that the Princess Meet & Greet would be temporary and the space could be hollowed out for a new dark ride to be added in the near future.

I always say it. Change is good.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    It will be very very hard to let Snow White's Scary Adventures ride go. Very hard. But for the trade up that we'll be getting for losing that ride... I'll blow a kiss to it goodbye and enjoy the new additions to come.

If there was room for everything I'd vote to have it kept but since Disney believes there is no room left, then farewell to a classic.

I would hope that the Princess Meet & Greet would be temporary and the space could be hollowed out for a new dark ride to be added in the near future.

I always say it. Change is good.
    Like your positive outlook, Micoofy Duck. The princess meet and greet is definitely a waste of space. I agree that a new ride would be most welcome there.

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    "Here in Florida we have something special we never enjoyed at Disneyland. The blessing of size. There's enough land here to hold all of the ideas and plans we could possibly imagine"

-Walt Disney, referring to the "Florida Project".

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEO,ATIS View Post
    "Here in Florida we have something special we never enjoyed at Disneyland. The blessing of size. There's enough land here to hold all of the ideas and plans we could possibly imagine"

-Walt Disney, referring to the "Florida Project".
    Great iconic quote that the Walt Disney Company should pay attention to and give creedence to today. Axing rides while claining problems with limited space doesn't cut the mustard.

I have to say that one of the things that I really like about this is that it gives MK a completly unique Snow White attraction. I'm OK with the loss of the dark ride so long as the one at DL dosen't get axed as well. I've always thought that DL's Fantasyland was much better than the MK copy but what we have happening here is a reimaginging of MK to give the land it's own character seperate from the DL original. It gives me (A west coast native) more of a reason to visit WDW as it's becoming less of a copy and finally coming into its own as a unique experience.
    Mike_M

Disneyland Trips
    1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1989
    1990, 1992, 1993
    2006, 2007, 2009
    2010, 2011, 2014

Walt Disney World
    2000, 2001

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_M View Post
    I have to say that one of the things that I really like about this is that it gives MK a completly unique Snow White attraction. I'm OK with the loss of the dark ride so long as the one at DL dosen't get axed as well. I've always thought that DL's Fantasyland was much better than the MK copy but what we have happening here is a reimaginging of MK to give the land it's own character seperate from the DL original. It gives me (A west coast native) more of a reason to visit WDW as it's becoming less of a copy and finally coming into its own as a unique experience.
    Thanks for posting your interesting comments, Mike. The expanded Fantasyland is definitely bringing the Magic Kingdom's Fantasyland into it's own as a unique experience, You are right about Disneyland's essentially original Snow White darkride making up for the loss of the one at Magic Kingdom. But, i'd say the Seven Draves Mine train tops both of them put together.

• Minion

If the Snow White coaster keeps the Witch around in some form and maybe a portion where you go through the scary woods, that'll be just fine.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast