• Hopper's Mortal Enemy

Cool This is WHY the buyer beware!

There are often online warnings to never buy tickets from eBay. Since I sell hockey tickets regularly, and work hard to maintain a perfect feedback rating, I find the idea that no one selling tickets is to be trusted highly offensive. But, of course, some eBay sellers should be viewed with suspicion.

Which brings me to my point. As of this posting, someone on eBay is selling original WDW Space Mtn seats from 1960. I'll pause a moment while the impossibility of that sinks in........ OK, everyone caught up? Well, I was, of course, curious about seats off a roller coaster from 15 years before said coaster even existed, so I sent an inquiry to the seller, and no response after 12+ hours. This seller has ZERO feedback of any kind. That's the one to watch out for.

I don't want to violate a policy against links to eBay if there is one, but it's easy to find (hint: search "space mountain seats"). Since the original seats were more like the Matterhorn than the one's today, I don't even think these could be from 1975. I am willing to give this seller the benefit of the doubt of just being ignorant of when these seats were used. They could well be ones replaced in the recent refurb. I don't get to Florida enough to state whether they are legitimate seats from SM from any time period or not. The lack of response, though, doesn't help his/her case. I would never buy from someone with no feedback anyway, but am curious as to whether anyone recognizes if these are legit as far as being from the ride at some point.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

You've read it; you can't unread it!

• Banned User

Re: This is WHY the buyer beware!

One word: SCAM.

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfann121 View Post
    One word: SCAM.
    Like Justin Bieber is for record companies.
    1960? -________-
    Luckily some people realize how absurd that is. If your going to try to sell stuff to Disney fans do your research first.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

It appears the seller knows that Space Mountain didn't open in the sixties. While I agree that a seller needs to know more about the items they're selling, it's very possible that this seat is legit. Things like this end up in auction warehouses all the time.
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

• Hopper's Mortal Enemy

Quote Originally Posted by DoppelV View Post
    It appears the seller knows that Space Mountain didn't open in the sixties. While I agree that a seller needs to know more about the items they're selling, it's very possible that this seat is legit. Things like this end up in auction warehouses all the time.
    Oh it's clear he doesn't really know what he's got; his other items for sale are all over the
    spectrum, and not Disney/park related at all. I finally dragged out the E Ticket magazine Space Mtn issue. They are likely legit as far as being from the ride, although they are not from 1975. The original seats were a different style.

BTW, I know ads help pay for the site, but blocking the reply box so I can't see half of what I typing???

A bientot.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

You've read it; you can't unread it!