Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Where do the Disney restaurants get their beef from?

Hi all,
    I'm very picky about the meat I consume, and will be dining at Teppan Edo next week. Can anyone tell me if they know where the beef come from? Is it grass fed, free range, organic?

Thanks!

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Re: Where do the Disney restaurants get their beef from?

If you do not get an answer before you get there, you can always let your server know you have some questions about the food in regards to your diet. Usually the chef will personally come out and discuss any concerns or questions you have.

Blog Entries

So I'm guessing you don't eat at Taco Bell.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Cows?

• Mostly Harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Cows?
    Ohhh.... I was gonna say that.
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

Ask your server... It's their job and their trained on what to do when people ask that question. If they don't know, they'll find someone who does.

also, I doubt it's organic. I don't really care myself... organic is just a way to raise prices on food thats going to eventually kill us anyway.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

good question. I highly doubt that they get organic, or even grass fed and free range. Ask your server, they will find someone who knows. Be sure to update this, I want to know!
    For those who think this is a silly question, watch food inc on netflix. You will certainly care after you hear what kind of poison goes into most meat products.

• Banned User

Unless they advertise their beef, I don't think they will tell you. They will probably shake their heads and say "whats the difference"? Perhaps you should tell us why it matters to you. You might want to try the salmon.

Is it grass fed, free range, organic?
    You assume that they only use the BEST quality meats. Do you expect to pay more than $40 for your entree? If not, don't ask.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

I sent a message to a friend who is in charge of sourcing. If I get a response I can share, I will let you know.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Parmageddon Jim

Just call Teppan Edo and ask! On my recent trip to WDW, I made several phone calls beforehand to find out what special needs could be met, and where I would need to make alternate choices.

Why all the snark in the thread? Micechat "community?" Not so much.
    So full of Disney Magic, my eyes are blue.

One jokey answer (one that was no more abrasive than simple friendly ribbing at that), one complimenting the joke, and one slightly dismissive answer among several offering honest advice.
    Hardly justifies referring to "all the snark" or dismissing any notions of community here.
    A very, very silly overreaction.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Call Teppan Edo directly, as they are not owned or operated by owners of The Walt Disney World Resort. And not to be rude, but your request seems silly, because the Japanese are all about tender beef... I would never expect it to be free-range (which is not as tender by nature) or grass-fed (not as tasty by nature. Look at KOBE beef as an example.) As far as it being organic... highly doubtful. The only listed organic food on property that we know of is at Wolfgang Puck and Pollo Campero.

As for other dining locations that are operated by Disney, please note that no Disney-operated location on property serves anything that is organic, free-range, or grass-fed only, although Disney does intend to offer organic ingredients in the future, due to the way WDW operates, it is simply not possible at this time.
    -Bill

Why does everyone think this is a dumb question? Maybe some people actually care about what they consume? Anybody?

To answer your question, I doubt the waiters/waitresses would know what's in the food. They just serve it. If they don't laugh you off, they'd just go get the chief, who can probably tell you what's in the food better than anyone. I'd probably call someone who works there and ask them to direct you to the health department. Or the cooking department. I don't know who they would get to talk to you, but I'm sure there's ways to get that kind off info. Maybe even online somewhere?

• Mostly Harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch626626 View Post
    Why does everyone think this is a dumb question? Maybe some people actually care about what they consume? Anybody?
    Sorry, I'm just a redneck who doesn't care about where my beef comes from, just as long as it goes in my belly. Plus organic and free-range are just words they use to raise the price.
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• Banned User

Typically, restaurants that advertise their beef charge premium prices. You pay for what you get. If this matters to you, you'll know from the menu at the restaurant door. Most restaurants that charge for cheap food is getting their beef from the regular channels. Fresh is the only criteria that matters.

I don't think there is snark. I think its funny that it matters.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast