Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Re: First timers to Walt Disney World Resort! What's should we see?

Welcome to our humble city of Orlando-I'm a transplant here too! You'll love it here. Now, understand, I can't add much to the overall conversation-you have some experienced posters here-but I will say a few things. Most everyone here is posting about activities, but remember, Disney World is very large and very different. I used to live in Colorado and Disneyland was my homepark. Now? I'm here and I've learned to approach the parks very different. If you go commando and with the same energy you'd approach D-land's Magic Kingdoms, you'll get tired quickly. These parks are HUGE. And you'll be here when it is slighly busy. So take time to smell the roses. Wear good walking shoes. DRINK WATER, cause when it gets hot in Florida, IT GETS HOT IN FLORIDA.

You'll see families who have saved their entire life savings to come down here and enjoy every aspect of the parks at the expense of their own sanity. They will hit you with their prams; they'll knock you over to get to a character greeting. Don't let them ruin your trip! Plan to have a good time before you go, that way, you will.

Make dinner reservations! You'll find that if you don't, when you do get to World Showcase, it will be like going to the Prom without a date. Plan ahead of time, whenever you can. If you're not sure which country to munch down in, pick the one you know you'll have fun with.

Remember, we're old bittys here. We've gone to the parks hundreds of times and tend to nitpick about the size of this and the color of that. Don't let our wants-and-needs become yours. There is magic to be had. If someone says, "no, don't do that," just ignore us and go-you might miss out on something special. Many people skip the Jungle Cruise due to Animal Kingdom being right next door. However, ours has terrific skippers are are well-worth waiting for. I kinda like Stitch's Escape, frankly, and think it is a different approach. Enjoy!

Peace and welcome to new home-park,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• Hello there

Blog Entries

I will tell you to ride Dinasaur. I like it. My 4 year old son loves it. he made me ride it 4 times in a row. Everyone will have opinions on everything. It is best to ride it and make your own.

Also, I agree with Roo on the reservations. If there is some place you want to eat, make a dining reservations. i would suggest at least 1 sit down meal during your stay. We usually do 1 each day, but if budget doesn't allow, pick at least 1, particularly while you are in EPCOT. Overall, the food in EPCOT sit downs is pretty good and you won't be dissappointed. Pick a country and have a nice meal. You can find the menu's on line, ALLears has them posted so you can peruse the menus and make a choice based on the food you like.

We did the Kim Possible mission when we were there in December and had a blast. Since we go yearly, it wasn't an issue for us missing all the countries, and it gave us a new way to experience them. But, we did miss a lot of what the countries have since we were more focused on the missions. I think we did 3 or 4 of them. But it was a lot of fun, for the kids and adults.

Have fun!!
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• Budding Pin Trader

About 30 min. away from Disneyland, California

Thanks for the help everyone! This is going to help SO much!
    "Wow, time flies when you're obsessively looking at pins."

• Budding Pin Trader

Quote Originally Posted by Krankenstein View Post
    For a first timer, I say buy The Unofficial Guide to WDW and use the touring plans.

Also, visit the resorts. Maybe make an ADR at 'Ohana ad take in the Poly for awhile before your dinner.
    We have the guide, but it never hurts to get more help!

• Budding Pin Trader

Question Re: First timers to Walt Disney World Resort! What's should we see?

Okay, so! Our trip has been offically booked!

We are going August 15-19, and we have passes for the 16-18.
    I know we are planning on spending a full day at Epcot, a full day at Magic Kingdom, and splitting another day at Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom.

So we have decided on what rides/shows that we want to see. But I want to go to at least one sit down restaurant, so if you awesome micechatters could help us decide on which one, that would be really awesome!
    Oh, I also had a question about the Kilimanjaro Safari. I really want to go in the morning, because I hear it's the closest thing to a real safari. But I was wondering, how do you go about doing that? Because I'm not really sure how.

A couple of thoughts crossed my mind:
    (1) enjoy the layout, the differences in the design, and the subtleties that WDW has to offer. There are some remarkable design aspects that really shouldn't be overlooked as you run to the next ride.

(2) August can be brutal. Plan for some afternoon breaks and/or take advantage of the waterparks. Both of them are really fun.

(3) as someone else suggested, the unofficial guide is a great place to start - they give some nice tips on touring plans to suit your needs & interests

Have a great trip!
    Visit us on the web http://disneypodcast.net

Dave's Disney View Podcast RSS Feed, and on iTunes

So we have decided on what rides/shows that we want to see. But I want to go to at least one sit down restaurant, so if you awesome micechatters could help us decide on which one, that would be really awesome!
    I love, love, love Boma in the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Another favorite of mine is the Sci-Fi Dine in Theater in the Studios.
    Visit us on the web http://disneypodcast.net

Dave's Disney View Podcast RSS Feed, and on iTunes

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmehface View Post
    Oh, I also had a question about the Kilimanjaro Safari. I really want to go in the morning, because I hear it's the closest thing to a real safari. But I was wondering, how do you go about doing that? Because I'm not really sure how.
    What people are referring to is simply doing the Safari first - rather then later in their day at the park.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Budding Pin Trader

Quote Originally Posted by daveyk View Post
    A couple of thoughts crossed my mind:
    (1) enjoy the layout, the differences in the design, and the subtleties that WDW has to offer. There are some remarkable design aspects that really shouldn't be overlooked as you run to the next ride.

(2) August can be brutal. Plan for some afternoon breaks and/or take advantage of the waterparks. Both of them are really fun.

(3) as someone else suggested, the unofficial guide is a great place to start - they give some nice tips on touring plans to suit your needs & interests

Have a great trip!
    Thanks! That will help a lot!

• Budding Pin Trader

Quote Originally Posted by daveyk View Post
    I love, love, love Boma in the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Another favorite of mine is the Sci-Fi Dine in Theater in the Studios.
    Thanks for the suggestions!

• Budding Pin Trader

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    What people are referring to is simply doing the Safari first - rather then later in their day at the park.
    OH. Okay! Thanks! That helps a lot!

• Budding Pin Trader

Quote Originally Posted by Bags deserves bett View Post
    Thanks a bunch! That'll definitely help quite a bit

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123