• Sock Puppet

Are there places to nap in each theme park?

Hey guys!

I 'm going to WDW in two weeks, and I'd like to know if there are good places to nap in each of the four mains theme parks. My wife and I are staying off property, therefore we can't just go back to our rooms to take an afternoon break. We'd have to stay in each park the entire day.

Thanks in advance for your input.

• Not here to help

Re: Are there places to nap in each theme park?

Sleep longer and enter the parks a bit later?
    To be honest... the american version of the Pooh ride makes me want to sleep and dream about a land of fantasy... but that might just be me.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Some of the large theater attractions are nice places to catch a few winks, like the Hall of Presidents in the MK, or The American Adventure in Epcot. Other than that, I'd say just keep your eye out for a quiet corner where there doesn't seem to be much traffic and snooze on a bench.

• Hello there

Blog Entries

Ellen's Energy Adventure in EPCOT. 40 minutes, its cool and dark. I took my son in there when he was a baby while the rest of my party rode Test Track so that he can take a nap. Did the trick. I nearly fell asleep myself
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

You can't really lie down anywhere, but there are a few great "sit and snooze" attractions, pretty much in Epcot and Magic Kingdom, which are both the most exhausting parks anyway.

Epcot:
    As above poster said, definitely Ellen's Energy Universe. Depending on how crowded it is, sometimes you can snag a whole row so you can actually lie down on the bench. Otherwise it's "sit and snooze". We do this all the time. It's relaxing, slow moving, and the sounds and dialogue never fail to make me drowsy. To this day, my husband has never heard the spiel in the middle with Willard Scott. He's out cold every time.

The show in the America part of world showcase is also good for a nap.

Magic Kingdom:
    Carousel of Progress. Comfy seats, nice long show. Sit and snooze.
    Hall of Presidents, certainly, but we prefer CoP.

Don't forget that the Peoplemover is a wonderful "I'm tired in the midafternoon" ride. Too short to sleep, but long enough to put up your feet and really relax.

Another little piece of advice I have is to plan a nice meal for mid afternoon: either a late lunch or an early dinner (book ahead). It's nice to get off your feet and relax in AC with people waiting on you at the peak of heat/crowds.

Have a great time!

I find it hard to sleep while at any park. Yes, listed above, there are some places that you can snooze inside rides, but honestly, I'm just so excited to be there, and wanting to ride everything, I tend to not have time to sleep. When I'm off 1 ride, I'm in another line in just a few moments.

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by lily23 View Post
    As above poster said, definitely Ellen's Energy Universe.
    Just being picky, but it's Ellen's Energy Adventure, part of the Universe of Energy Pavilion. And yes, I have the same problem keeping awake!

So yeah, definitely the Pavillion of Ellen's Adventure in the Universe of Energy. Great for a nap.

• Banned User

Sleeping on the ride is no more than just shutting your eyes and getting out of the car in a few moments. You can do that with most rides. So no, you can't nap in a theme park.

I advise you to change your plans. Stay at a Disney property that is walking distance to a park. It isn't a short walk. It is likely a very LONG trek, but you'll have a chance to return in a few hours.

The better advice is arrive early and leave at early evening. Then rest up for the next day.

Or arrive in mid-afternoon like at 3 or 4pm and stay late.

I can't understand why you should stay the full day (nearly 16 hours). It is quite exhausting to do this; however, if you do, then why not stay fully awake and crash the next day. Rest the full day on alternative days. You'll feel better.

• formerly very helpful

Maybe get a hand stamp and go to one of the hotels and park yourself in the lobby for an hour or two..