Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Closed Account

Question [Mickey and Minnie Meet and Greet Moved] MK no longer a THEME park

TDO needs to be searched for drugs....

Mickey and Minnie will be doing their meet and greets near to Space Mountain in Tomorrowland from February 12 2011, once Mickey's Toontown Fair closes on February 11 to make way for the new Fantasyland expansion. It's not clear yet whether their location will rotate, but this is the current plan.
    wdwmagic.com/Attractions/Character-Meet-and-Greets-at-the-Magic-Kingdom/News/03Feb2011-Mickey-and-Minnie-to-meet-and-greet-in-Tomorrowland-once-Toontown-closes.htm Mickey and Minnie to meet and greet in Tomorrowland once Toontown closes - WDWMAGIC.COM Forums
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 02-09-2011 at 04:43 PM. Reason: changed link per faq and clarified title

• When Will It Return?

re: [Mickey and Minnie Meet and Greet Moved] MK no longer a THEME park

The best part about it is that there's a smoking area right there. Kids can meet Mickey/Minnie and experience the magic of secondhand smoke at the same time! It's magic!

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• Dream in wonderful color!

And the Fairies will be moving to EPCOT's Future World..

wdwmagic.com/Attractions/Character-Meet-and-Greets-at-Epcot/News/03Feb2011-Epcot%27s-Pixie-Hollow-Fairy-Garden-meet-and-greet-opening-details Character Meet and Greets at Epcot news - Epcot's Pixie Hollow Fairy Garden meet and greet opening details
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 02-09-2011 at 04:46 PM. Reason: link removed per faq
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

• Nutty about Disney parks

What a horrid mess! What happened to the plans for the Mickey Meet n Greet in Town Hall?

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I'm pretty sure there'll be Mickey and Minnie in the future! They iconic. Put them in Space Suits.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

I'm going to take the rare step of defending WDW on this point. They do have a solution worked out for Mickey, Minnie and the gang in the Exposition Hall, but it isn't ready for them yet. Rather than having them not available at all, they'll be in alternate locations which can handle the meet and greet crowds.

The strangest of these locations will be the Disney princesses in Adventureland.

I remember seeing Mickey in Disneyland's Tomorrowland as a kid. He had a space suit on. I thought that was the neatest thing ever.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by nonob88 View Post
    And the Fairies will be moving to EPCOT's Future World..

wdwmagic.com/Attractions/Character-Meet-and-Greets-at-Epcot/News/03Feb2011-Epcot%27s-Pixie-Hollow-Fairy-Garden-meet-and-greet-opening-details Character Meet and Greets at Epcot news - Epcot's Pixie Hollow Fairy Garden meet and greet opening details
    So is pixie hollow no longer part of the fantasyland expansion?
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 02-09-2011 at 04:47 PM. Reason: link removed per faq

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mickdaddy View Post
    So is pixie hollow no longer part of the fantasyland expansion?
    Yes, they've killed the Pixies. Here's the Fantasyland Project Tracker info: http://micechat.com/forums/walt-disn...t-tracker.html
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• former CM

Theme schmeme!
    I have a postcard of Mickey at WDW in Tomorrowland in an Astronaut suit.

And if it is no longer a theme park, I guess it will just have to content itself with being the most popular tourist park with an entrance fee in the history of the world.

Now if you want to get worked up, see Kevin Yee's most recent column about Discoyeti or the embarrassing state of Big Thunder at WDW.

Or ask yourself why Thomas Stagg's was compensated (over $10 million in 2010 according to Forbes.com) more than most CEOs at the best companies in Europe and Asia.

Or why the fish haven't been jumping in the pond north of Big Thunder north of Disneyland's Big Thunder. (If they have finally been repaired or turned back on, forgive me.)

Or why the ghosts don't always fly in through the windows above the ballroom at D.land's HM.

Or why the Golden and Diamond Horseshoe Reviews were ended long ago and never replaced with something better, except when the Billies were at their best.

Or the busses at WDW.

Now THOSE are issues to lose sleep over!
    Last edited by jcruise86; 02-03-2011 at 05:27 PM. Reason: typo

It takes time to convert Exposition Hall into what they want. Relax. I've seen Pictures, even from the 50s in which Mickey and the Seven Dwarves were in Disneyland's Tomorrowland. It has been done before.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Blog Entries

Sometimes I think we just look for reasons to get upset. Its not the best location for them but it can work. Put them in the space suits and it will fit just fine. Heck, put Mickey in his normal garb anywhere and its ok. Its his park, he can go wherever he wants.

I agree.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by kcnole View Post
    Sometimes I think we just look for reasons to get upset. Its not the best location for them but it can work. Put them in the space suits and it will fit just fine. Heck, put Mickey in his normal garb anywhere and its ok. Its his park, he can go wherever he wants.
    Speaking of being UPSET with WDW, if you want to read a funny, eloquent, and negative review of WDW go to Slate.com today (Feb 3, 2011):
    Disney World:*Can a childless, adult man have fun visiting the Mecca of the Mouse? (1) - By Seth Stevenson - Slate Magazine

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Quote Originally Posted by kcnole View Post
    Heck, put Mickey in his normal garb anywhere and its ok. Its his park, he can go wherever he wants.
    I agree with this. Character greeting temporarily in Tomorrowland is not a big deal.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Great. Next they'll put Stitch and Monsters Inc. in Tomorrowland!

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast