WDW Parade Performer Audition

I am auditioning for WDW's Parade Performers, and I have a few questions.

1. Is the dance difficult? ( I have extensive cheerleading dance experience and adequate musical theater dance experience.)
    2. What is the whole audition process like?
    3. Proper attire? I keep reading 'comfortable,' but that isn't descriptive. I have both jazz and character shoes, so I will wear one of those. But is 'comfortable' jeans? a tank top and leggings? or full out tights/leotard/skirt? Please be specific
    4. I will turn 16 during the summer that I would work if I got it. Is that a problem?
    Thanks so much!

• Future Princess

Re: WDW Parade Performer Audition

Let me start this off by saying that I've never auditioned before. I have only read about auditions from numerous sources, so it would definitely not hurt to get a second opinion. But I will try to answer these as accurately as possible

1. From what I understand, the dance is not difficult at all. The face character auditions are just an across-the-floor routine and it's pretty simple. For the parade auditions, where the dancing is more important, the routine might be a bit tougher, but if you have all those years of dance experience, I'm sure you'll be fine!

2. I'm going to be honest, for the parade auditions, I have no idea what the audition process is like.

3. I don't think there is any one right thing to wear. When people say that you should dress comfortably, I would take it to heart. Jeans may not be the best option for dancing, since they can limit you in some ways. I think most people wear dance/exercise clothes, like yoga pants and something like a Danskin top. Whatever you choose though, make sure you are comfortable in, it flatters your figure, and the top (which will most likely be the color in the outfit) is one that you are confident and look good in.

4. Your age might be an issue. I think you have to be 16 to audition, but you definitely should check out the specific audition you were thinking of and read the rules/regulations. If it doesn't say anything about it, make sure to email casting or whoever else's email shows up and ask them. I'm almost positive you have to be 16 by the time you are working there, you can't be 15 during your employment.

Thank you! Anyone else with experience?

I would suggest you check on the Disney Face Character Auditions blog too. There have been several people who have auditioned for parade performers there too and could probably help you. It's under the Disneyland forum.
    Good luck!

Thanks for all the advice everyone! Turns out, I'll audition after I'm 16 (soon!) I didn't realize there are a zillion threads on this! Whoops! How embarrassing