Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Anyone else sad to see Toon Town close?

Two reasons I'm said is that my son actually does believe (he's 4) its Mickey's house and as he explained "Mickey's working that's why he's not home"

So I'm glad this land maybe over stayed its temp. welcome and hope at least the houses find a home somewhere at DHS (animation area?)

The second reason is that with it closing all those guests are now going to spread thru out the MK thus increasing wait times and congestion until the fantasyland project.

Obviously its a price you have to pay for expansion, but that was one of the side benefits of that portion of the park

Re: Anyone else said to see toon town close?

Quote Originally Posted by Bags deserves bett View Post
    Two reasons I'm said is that my son actually does believe (he's 4) its Mickey's house and as he explained "Mickey's working that's why he's not home"

So I'm glad this land maybe over stayed its temp. welcome and hope at least the houses find a home somewhere at DHS (animation area?)

The second reason is that with it closing all those guests are now going to spread thru out the MK thus increasing wait times and congestion until the fantasyland project.

Obviously its a price you have to pay for expansion, but that was one of the side benefits of that portion of the park

I meant sad to see toon town close

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

No. It was such a poor toontown compared to DL's
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Re: Anyone else sad to see Toon Town close?

mmm...... Nope! I have a small child too, but nope. Always struck me as wasted space. The only thing I would miss is Barnstormer, and that's staying. Waiting an hour to meet Mickey? The painfully slow lines for the other character greets? No, won't miss it one bit. The "one short line for mulitple characters" thing they have at Epcot works for us every time.

Minnie's house with the popcorn and the oven is cute, but I won't be crying over it.

• Nutty about Disney parks

I won't miss it. The land had zero appeal in look and substance. I don't think the new Circusland will be all that much different. It's just a land layover.

• Dreamer

You can't really call it a town when there's only a couple of house there. At least in DL they come close with the whimsical facade but it's still a stretch. They best redo a small area in DHS and make it appear like the backlot where Mickey's cartoons were/are filmed. It would pay a great homage to Maroon studios in Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

While having a permanent home for Mickey and Minnie may be missed, this Toon Town was really a mess. I won't miss it and look forward to the changes on the way.

But I do hope that Mickey and Minnie get nice new photo locations at Exposition Hall in the Magic Kingdom.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

I never liked Toontown. You'd roll into the train station see those god awful multi-colored rocks along with the most annoying whistle from Donald's boat. It's going to be a welcome change IMO.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Minion

ORWEN: Yes, I'll miss Toon Town because Mickey and Minnie really ought to have homes in a park where they are the main characters. Putting them inside Exposition Hall is like a bad step backwards. That's where they used to be in the past--there and Town Square--before Starland and Toon Town were built. (Actually they have been found in Town Square all along in addition to being found at Toon Town.) But having Toon Town replaced with a Dumbo Circus is NOT a step up. Toon Town certainly needed to be upgraded but getting rid of Mickey's house is not the right answer. His house was cute and made for nice photo opportunities. If anything, Toon Town should have been expanded. They could have put Dumbo's Circus somewhere else--even on the other side of the tracks if necessary.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    I remember when it was just Mickey's Birthdayland.

• Mostly Harmless.

I'm glad that this abomination of "Toon Town" is gone, still unsure of a Circusland. Just don't see it being much different. Hella happy Goofy's roller coaster thing is sticking around though.
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORWEN: Yes, I'll miss Toon Town because Mickey and Minnie really ought to have homes in a park where they are the main characters. Putting them inside Exposition Hall is like a bad step backwards. That's where they used to be in the past--there and Town Square--before Starland and Toon Town were built. (Actually they have been found in Town Square all along in addition to being found at Toon Town.) But having Toon Town replaced with a Dumbo Circus is NOT a step up. Toon Town certainly needed to be upgraded but getting rid of Mickey's house is not the right answer. His house was cute and made for nice photo opportunities. If anything, Toon Town should have been expanded. They could have put Dumbo's Circus somewhere else--even on the other side of the tracks if necessary.
    I guess TDO is not that very bright when it comes to adding new things.
    But, if they tried building Circusland on the other side of the tracks, they would have to move earth, trees and relocate some of the wild life to other areas before even construction starts. Then there's the permits, the red tape, etc.

Timekeeper
    Now the Tower of Sauron has fallen
    Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    I won't miss it. The land had zero appeal in look and substance. I don't think the new Circusland will be all that much different. It's just a land layover.
    Agreed! Mickey's Toontown fair major features were,

WDW RR Station stop.
    Mickey's House
    Minnie's House.
    Three tents housing various merchandise and charater meet and greets.
    Donalds Boat.
    Pete Garage (bathrooms, so lets not really count this one)
    Barn Stormer.

Storybook Circusland will feature

WDW RR Station stop.
    Three tents approximatly in the same location of the Mickey Toontown fair local.
    Casey Jr. something (assuming wet deck at this point)
    The Great Goofini (AKA Barnstormer)
    Dumbo (two units with yet another tent inbetween them to house the interactive que)

I have a feeling (or is it just a desperate hope??) they have not yet decided what to do with the area currently featuring Mickey's home, Minnie's homes, and the three tents behind them b/c currently its almost like SBCL has less then TTf.

SBCL, Am I the first to use that aberviation, can that be offical now???? =)

• When Will It Return?

They're keeping so much of Toontown Fair and repurposing it for Circusland...why not integrate Mickey/Minnie's house into it too? It's not that much of a stretch to have their "houses" in Fantasyland, plus no one will care that it's not called "Toontown" anymore.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    Other than the lack of Roger Rabbit...mark me as someone who liked MK's Toontown better...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast